RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #15

We just completed our first big trip with our Tiffin Wayfarer on the 2019 Sprinter chassis. I also found if I shifted my weight on the seat, the cruise control would disengage. I find it annoying that it does that, but I think that is the way it is designed. I guess they think if pressure is reduced on the driver's seat, you might have fallen off. I just hope it doesn't slam the brakes on.

Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnz View Post
Well, it appears I spoke too soon. We had 6 additional days of perfect operation and then back to square one. Erratic behavior, the cruise works for various lengths of time and then cannot even be 'set' . It now appears the driver seat occupied sensor may be involved. If I change my position even slightly when the cruise has engaged, the cruise will shut off with the warning on the center screen: Active Distance Assist Canceled.
Now back in another Mercedes Benz dealer shop, this one in Fresno. After four days, they were stumped and asked to keep the Unity. They have sent an inquiry to the 'mother ship' and told me it may take a week for Germany to respond. Fresno MB did provide me a loaner... :-)
Anyone else know of a similar issue with the 2019 MB chassis?
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue in my Unity MB. MB saying cause seats were reupholstered that itís not under warranty

U24fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by U24fx View Post
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue in my Unity MB. MB saying cause seats were reupholstered that itís not under warranty
I no longer have the issue - consistently. It was not solved by the direct effort of MB but kinda through a side response.. I took the Unity to have a decorative piece replaced by MB and requested they make certain our Sprinter had the latest software. When we retrieved the Unity there was a note on the work order that the tech had 'refreshed' the software and no other detail. When we left for our next trip the cruise control worked almost perfect. It was reluctant on an occasional rainy morning but after 20 minutes or so, worked fine.
Bunnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #18

2019 MB Cruise Control Problem

We purchased a 2020 Entegra Qwest built on a 2019 MB chassis. Thank goodness we test drove it first, using all the options. Noticed that the cruise control would not engage. Dealer said no problem, MB would fix it. We refused delivery and killed the purchase, as it has now been 6 weeks, and it STILL has not been fixed.

We then decided that we liked the Thor Tiburon better, so last Saturday, purchased the 2020 Tiburon FB (also built on the 2019 chassis). LOVE IT, so took it on a test drive right before closing, and BAM! Same darn problem. The cruise control would NOT engage. Dealer said they would have it fixed by this coming Saturday for pick-up - but we are very leery now - as what are the odds of this happening twice in a row!

Been reading here that others are having the same problem. HUMMMM. Does anyone know if MB is acknowledging this?? Some say it is the sensor in the driver's seat. As a note, the Entegra had the standard black seats, but the Tiburon had white upholstered cushier seats - but cruise control did not work on either....

Anyone have a 2020 MB chassis rig where it DOES work properly?
Weenie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:27 AM   #19

My local MB dealer acknowledged itís a sensor in the seat causing the issue but MB will not replace as they stated the seats are not stock and as such the sensor was damaged by the RV mfg (LTV). And, MB wants $5,800.00 to replace with no guarantee that the replacement will work. And, now have an SRS failure
U24fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:58 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
My local MB dealer acknowledged itís a sensor in the seat causing the issue but MB will not replace as they stated the seats are not stock and as such the sensor was damaged by the RV mfg (LTV). And, MB wants $5,800.00 to replace with no guarantee that the replacement will work. And, now have an SRS failure
That's unfortunate. Your up-fitter (manufacturer) should have known better. Mercedes is very particular about any modifications. Your coach manufacturer essentially voided your chassis warranty. You should consult an attorney. You may have a cause of action against the manufacturer.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #21

Update: Just picked up our new Tiburon FB today that had the cruise control problems. Dealer had a week to fix it. He discovered that if the rig had been "jump started" due to a dead battery (which it did, as they jump started it before our test drive last week), it kills the cruise control. He had to factory reset the system - and BAM! the cruise control works perfectly. Yay!!!!!
Old 06-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #22

same issue

I have the 2020 Entegra Qwest with this same issue. How do you factory reset the system?
napajason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #23

2019 MB Sprinter Van Cruise Control Problem

The dealer where we bought the rig bought a special tool (they said) from Mercedes - which did a factory reset. That's all I know - but you could call my dealer - sevice department, and ask them... Bought it from RV One Superstore in St. Augustine, FL. Their number is (904) 797-5732. Hope this helps!
Old 06-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Sorry to read this. Just took our 2020/2019 LTV Unity MB on a week long trip. First trip using the cruise. Mostly worked great. But on the way home it stopped suddenly - got three different messages; wouldn't go back on. Stopped and turned off motor then back on -- didn't work. Then I thought that maybe the sensor in the windshield was dirty or caught a bug splat. Stopped (left motor running) cleaned sensor and then started back again. The messages disappeared after about 2 minutes on the road. Then everything fine. I may take for a recall tweak before our next trip and planned to ask for a software update/refresh but will ask them to check sensors.

BTW, I too had some trouble locating the ESP menu. Finally I found the Quick Access menu (that's where you find it) which is brought up by a hard button on the dash to right of volume toggle.
MusicGrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #25

I had the same thing happen. Cleaning the windshield over the sensors fixed it.
OnNTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #26

Cleaning sensor

Cleaning the windshield over the camera does nothing to make mine work. I have noticed that if I follow closely behind another vehicle, it goes from working 5% of the time to something like 20% of the time.

napajason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control