Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #15

I just spent 6 weeks in AZ with my wife, dog. My thoughts are its not a good boon dock rig. If you stay at
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
Just me and DW... even though we don’t full time, we have been on trips well over 30 days together. We have ample room and I am a big guy, 6’5” and over 300lbs. We love it and I have plenty of room to stretch out my legs while driving MB 3.0 Diesel.
Agree.

We have done two 30 day trips also and I feel we could have gone much longer.
When I retire in a few years, I will try 3-6 months if the wife agrees.
The MB Sprinter is so comfortable to drive. Better than my car.
I think we more than enough room with the B+ (C) 22 foot motorhome.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #17
LJM

My wife and I spent 1.5 years traveling in a 2015 Winnebago View. It was great but I could not full time in it.
LJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have a 2012 Itasca Navion iQ. I’m single and do not currently full time. I do take extended trips and would have no problem full timing with my two small dogs.
Sandi
Old 04-20-2018, 09:24 PM   #19

I'm subscribing to see what people say. My husband and I just started full timing in our Sprinter based MH, Forest River Sunseeker only two months ago so I can't say exactly how it is yet. I like it so far. We are towing a Subaru Forester.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGadget View Post
Hello
I have a 38' diesel pusher. I am living in it full time.

I want to downsize and keep things easier and maybe a bit more simple.

I have no idea as to what would work best.

Thank you
We just sold our well-loved 2017 View 24J to a person who is full timing in it. I set this rig up well for it too with over 400w of solar, Lifeline AGMs, an MPPT solar charge controller, engine code reader/clearer, Viair RV compressor, etc. etc. There are plenty of people full timing with less.

You say a goal is to make full timing easier and to simplify things. What things?

Any Sprinter chassis would be shorter than a 38' DP, so it would be easier in that way but they still have many of the same systems.
If you go to something on the 2500 chassis then you get simpler by not having the duals in the rear, but drop living space in the process.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
We just sold our well-loved 2017 View 24J to a person who is full timing in it. I set this rig up well for it too with over 400w of solar, Lifeline AGMs, an MPPT solar charge controller, engine code reader/clearer, Viair RV compressor, etc. etc. There are plenty of people full timing with less.

You say a goal is to make full timing easier and to simplify things. What things?

Any Sprinter chassis would be shorter than a 38' DP, so it would be easier in that way but they still have many of the same systems.
If you go to something on the 2500 chassis then you get simpler by not having the duals in the rear, but drop living space in the process.
Thank you
the cost of maintain a diesel pusher is high and there if very little I can personally do on it myself.
It's might be just a dream...but I would like something that is easier to handle and drive around more freely. I would like to reduce my costs.. I have thought about a 5th wheel in that vain....but I do not know enough about them and I like the feel of driving from inside. I am probably searching for what does not exist.....but as I search...maybe something will click. Thanks again for your reply
IamGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Thank you
the cost of maintain a diesel pusher is high and there if very little I can personally do on it myself.
It's might be just a dream...but I would like something that is easier to handle and drive around more freely. I would like to reduce my costs.. I have thought about a 5th wheel in that vain....but I do not know enough about them and I like the feel of driving from inside. I am probably searching for what does not exist.....but as I search...maybe something will click. Thanks again for your reply
From what you've said, I don't see any reason to eliminate a Sprinter-based RV from your options. In fact what you've highlighted makes the case a little stronger for the Sprinter.

Sprinters probably have the longest factory engine and emissions warranty of any RV. 5 years and 100k miles from the date of delivery to the original owner and of course nothing touches a Sprinter RV's fuel mileage.
The Mercedes Benz warranties remain with the unit through subsequent ownerships with no action or cost required in transferring them forward. Oil and fuel filter changes aren't covered, not even for the original owners but I'd think ownership could easily be less with a Sprinter, over a DP.

With any towable RV, you loose the ability to pull straight into a campsite, if that's desirable.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would find it not enough living space or stirage space. YMMV.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
It's like a tiny house. You can do it if you are willing to give up your "stuff". I do well for about 4 months in the winter and another month or 2 the remainder.

Always nice to head out, but it seems it's nice to get home and plan the next trip
Old 05-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Hello
I have a 38' diesel pusher. I am living in it full time.

I want to downsize and keep things easier and maybe a bit more simple.

I have no idea as to what would work best.

Thank you
I don't, but can see full-timing as very doable in a Sprinter based chassis, especially with a full wall slide.
But, if full-timing, ask yourself whether you drive enough to justify the higher inital cost of the diesel vs gas engine.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:50 AM   #26

I can't see full timing in a short Sprinter based chassis as packing to move every time one wants to go somewhere gets old fast. That raises the towed issue. If one is going to pull a towed a Ford with a few more feet if living space starts looking good in a short time.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I can't see full timing in a short Sprinter based chassis as packing to move every time one wants to go somewhere gets old fast. That raises the towed issue. If one is going to pull a towed a Ford with a few more feet if living space starts looking good in a short time.
We have a 22 foot Sprinter.
Always the plan to get up and move at a moments notice.
No carpets, tiki lights or anything else except two folding chairs.
At most we connect to electric with a lighter 15 amp electric cord.
Never connect to water or sewer, use onboard tanks.
Takes one minute to disconnect and drive away.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:10 AM   #28

We did the same thing with a Ford. That it why I did not say it could not be done. What I did say is that it gets old fast. It's nice to pull out a mat and a couple of chairs and stick around for a while...
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, full time