Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 03:03 PM   #15

Back to topic…�� (new to RV life) l own a 2005 Monaco Diplomat, here in AZ summers are HOT… Just noticed my chassis batteries are low, reading 9.9v from power panel. I’m plugged into shore power, supposed to be 50a. Ac x2 running most of the day, is it too much to keep the chassis batteries charged up? And how can I figure out what I could have left on, that is pulling power? … okay ac doesn’t work from chassis battery. I need to think of it like a car. My aux switch was on, but no lights were on lol…help me think of anything else. I’m so green…
DMCARIZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2022, 05:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspam View Post
Newer Tiffin Wayfarers have this Cole Hersey Isolator/Connecter under passenger seat. It connects batteries if either is charging and also has momentary sw to connect.Attachment 274698
My 2022 Wayfarer does not have solenoid under the seat. It is now installed next to the house batteries on the inboard side. It is the same Cole Hersee smart solenoid.
DAJO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:36 AM   #17

2015 Winnebago View
Shore power charges house batteries only.

I use a battery tender coming off the interior 120v outlet plugged directly to the chassis battery when the coach is stored and hooked to shore power. Seems to work pretty well....chassis battery stays right at 12.7 volts.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.precision View Post
2015 Winnebago View
Shore power charges house batteries only.

I use a battery tender coming off the interior 120v outlet plugged directly to the chassis battery when the coach is stored and hooked to shore power. Seems to work pretty well....chassis battery stays right at 12.7 volts.

CORRECTION
After a week unplugged from shore power, my chassis battery showed 12.4V. I plugged in the shore power connection today and 1 hour later, the chassis battery showed 12.6V. This would indicate that the shore connection charges both the Chassis and House batteries.

RV goes into storage for 2 months next week. I am not hooking up the tender, just 10A shore power. Will report to this thread the outcome.

It's interesting that the chassis battery shows 12.7V full charge. but the house batteries show 13.4V after being connected to shore power for a week.

Apologies for misinformation.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:42 AM   #19

Correction - shore power DOES NOT charge chassis battery

Quote:
CORRECTION
After a week unplugged from shore power, my chassis battery showed 12.4V. I plugged in the shore power connection today and 1 hour later, the chassis battery showed 12.6V. This would indicate that the shore connection charges both the Chassis and House batteries.

RV goes into storage for 2 months next week. I am not hooking up the tender, just 10A shore power. Will report to this thread the outcome.

It's interesting that the chassis battery shows 12.7V full charge. but the house batteries show 13.4V after being connected to shore power for a week.

Apologies for misinformation.

Correction - after leaving the coach in storage for two months, went to check it yesterday and the chassis battery was DEAD. On my coach, a Winnebago View 24V, the shore power connection clearly doesn't charge the chassis battery. Now I have to install a new battery.
My apologies for misinterpreting the data.
Old 01-01-2024, 09:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
I use a Deltran Battery Tender with a 12v power plug added to the cable ends. Since I keep the motorhome plugged into shore power when at home, I plug in the Battery Tender to a 120v outlet in the motorhome and the 12v power plug into the 12v outlet on the dash. The 12v outlet feeds the charging voltage back into the chassis battery. Works great, keep the chassis battery charged and ready to go.
I do the same on my 2015 Winnebago View 24T.
Do you leave the battery switch turned on or off? Seems to make no difference on my coach.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:16 PM   #21

Quote:
I do the same on my 2015 Winnebago View 24T.
Do you leave the battery switch turned on or off? Seems to make no difference on my coach.
I alway leave the battery switch on. My understanding is that it only controls the house batteries. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Tags
chassis, battery