Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 AM   #15

Slide Not working Coachmen Prism 2150LE

I ran into a problem on my last trip. My slide isn't working. I have power at the fuse but no power at the switch. I was able to work around it so I know if I get power to the switch that the slide mechanism is working fine but I need to find where the interrupt is between the fuse and the switch. Any ideas?
GunnyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #16

What fuse are you checking? The inline 5 amp fuse under the steps? I am new to this, but it seems there are separate fuses. One for the controller and one for the switch.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:51 AM   #17

There is a 15 amp fuse in the fuse box and I also checked both of the fuses under the stairs although I can't confirm that they go to the slide. There are three wires running from under the dash through the battery box and under the drivers seat that were sloppily run and I don't know if they are supposed to send a signal about whether the vehicle is in gear or not. Chance that as sloppy as they were installed and the fact that I recently had the transmission checked have anything to do with it.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #18

The F12 tan/red wire under the steps does affect the slide, if I unplug the connector the slide won’t move. Also, the drawing shows a 30amp fuse under the stairs gong to the slide out controller. It’s the orange wire labeled BSO. Also, the slide won’t move if the engine is running, so if someone was working on the engine, then the may have done something.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:21 AM   #19

Fuse under stairs is actually a resettable circuit breaker. I took one out to look at it.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:28 PM   #20

Should have said auto reset circuit breaker.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #21

Okay I got it working and it was the plug under the stairs. I just got back from a little trip to Shenandoah National Park. I unplug the white plug under the stairs because it powers the Carbon Monoxide detector directly from the battery and if I'm going to be stored more than a couple weeks I unplug it to avoid battery drain. I don't have a circuit breaker, I have a fuse and the fuses are all good and everything is working. I appreciate the input on this thread!
Old 10-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #22

I am glad you got it sorted out.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #23

Prism Electrical Drawings for Retrieval

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyL View Post
Ask and ye shall receive! These are courtesy of Coachmen Service at the factory. I asked for them and they were provided. Another shout out to them they are awesome people!
Great info. I have just received 8-drawings for my 2018 Prism 2200 Sprinter. I might need to use some of 2150’s to fill in the blanks ( there are more for the 2150). As I am having Chassis Battery problems.

Can one more experience members post these “Drawings” to “Files” and/or “Library (which I only see sometimes in the menu bar)”, so that others can find them easier. If we can get these posted I will post mine to the Forum for also posting for others to use if needed.

Lucas
LucasCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #24

Coach battery died

I had a Bosch AGM battery in the coach that was less than a year old that died during my recent Florida trip. It was perfectly fine driving to the camping spot the night before, got up at 0530 and went to start the coach and it was completely dead. I turned it off the night before and there were no lights or anything left on but the battery completely died.
I carry 20ft jumper cables and was able to jump the coach from the house batteries. The circuit between the coach and house batteries opens up when you start the vehicle so the Sprinter ran off of the house batteries and the alternator for the trip to Pep Boys to replace the battery. When I turned the vehicle off it was completely dead again. If you don't have power from the battery in the Sprinter the key will not turn and nothing works. I replaced it with a Bosch SLA battery since it was under warranty and they didn't have an AGM in stock. Works like a charm with the new battery.
I'm posting this so that others will know you can still run the vehicle with a dead battery after you jump it as long as your house batteries are good.
The Bosch SLA battery from Pep Boys comes with a 36 month direct replacement and 96 month prorated warranty.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #25

Prism fuse issue between chassis battery and House battery

Quote:
On the 2014 Prism 2150LE my particular model has a 150 amp fuse located in a fuse block on the side of the main chassis battery under the driver side floor board. I disconnected the battery negative by the accelerator peddle and removed the plate over the battery and then disconnected the power cable and lifted up the fuse block which is attached to the battery.
I used a multi-meter to test the continuity of the fuses and found the fuse that was the culprit.
These fuses are not stocked locally and there are two 150 amp and one 80 amp on my fuse block so I ordered some from Amazon after trying all of the usual local sources.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attachment 217898
Coachmen informed me that they have a fix for this particular fuse issue and sent me the parts to fix it. This includes a wire and self resetting 100 amp circuit breaker that is mounted under the seat.
I will post pictures and a video when I get the kit and install it.
I do want to give a shout out to the Service Department for Coachmen and Forest River Inc. who have been extremely helpful and responsive while I was troubleshooting the issue.
GunnyL
Thanks for this info. I have the same issue w my Coachman Prism LE 2200. Did you ever install the 100 amp circuit breaker and post a video? If yes, please send a link. If you've installed it but not created a video, maybe just send a few photos. Thanks much.
Heinemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:03 AM   #26

Taillights no working

Quote:
Since I didn't see any, thought I would start a thread specific to the Coachmen Prism 2150LE. I currently have a 2014 model that I've had since it was new.
This thread will be dedicated to issues that I have found and also of course welcome contributions.
One thing I've noticed since I encountered problems is that the Class C's on the Sprinter Chassis have a lot of differences between the chassis and the house as it pertains to each manufacturer. Locations of fuses and so on are not consistent.
I new to the forum. But have a problem with my taillights, clearance lights( front and back) and license plate light on my Mercedes chassis with the class C Forest River 2150 Prism. Has anyone had this problem and know the cause. I’m on the road. everything else works fine
rncfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncfox View Post
I new to the forum. But have a problem with my taillights, clearance lights( front and back) and license plate light on my Mercedes chassis with the class C Forest River 2150 Prism. Has anyone had this problem and know the cause. I’m on the road. everything else works fine

I'd start by checking for moisture in the Curt Controller and also the 7 pin connector.

You might also start a new thread in the Sprinter chassis forum.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:54 PM   #28

Does anyone else's black water plugs come all the way out when you pull them? My cold water one did but went back on, seems to still work. I'm new to RVs and this Prism is alot to take in at once. Going to try to sanitize the water tanks this weekend while the Genny is running for the one hour a month.

Tags
coachmen