Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #1

Debut Full Wall Slide +Rear Bath

At the Tampa Super Show this year, I was surprised by the popularity of the new full wall slide, Murphy Bed, + rear bath floor plans by Winnebago and Tiffin. These coaches were so crowded I could only just look in the door. I was most impressed with the Tiffin Wayfarer. It looked nicer, better quality and the features are greatly expanded, https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-c/wayfarer. I really liked that they offer 3 types of seating options and loved the recliners. The bath was very roomy and felt more residential. I really like that they have upgraded suspension features like the Sumo Springs Ride Assist System. As nice as the Tiffin was it still doesn't make me want to give up my 2014 Leisure Unity Murphy Bed. It's taken me 4 years to get all the bugs worked out and setup to give me the easiest and most comfortable RV that suits my traveling preferences. Still love Leisure Travel Vans!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190120-060904_Chrome-900x600.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	232523  
SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 06:54 AM   #2

The weight shift of the full wall slide to port has apparently caused some upfitters to add hydraulic leveling and other suspension mods to compensate (Isata, Wayfarer, as examples). It's a nice standard feature to have, but it chews up the already limited OCCC, when you have to add it to stabilize the coach when the slide(s) are deployed.
Our main concern about the Murphy bed/full wall slide floor plan option was/is it doesn't have 2 separate living spaces, like some of the other floor plans. When one person decides it's bed time, it pretty much ends the day for everyone, because the sofa/dinette/forward living area is adjacent to, and part of, the bedroom.
Still, for many, it must work, or they wouldn't offer it.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:58 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I guess you missed the Navion/View 24D floorplan - which has been out for two years. The Navion/View actually has a workable kitchen unlike the Tiffin.

Tiffins are prone to being fat (no meaningful OCCC) which means if you load up the coach with your stuff, some water and food, and your wife and dog, you will be over your GVWR.

Saw a Wayfarer 25TW last week - the OCCC was 860 lbs. Contrast that to my Navion 24V which is essentially the same floorplan and has a OCCC of 400 lbs more. When Tiffin learns how to build light, then they will be worth looking at.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #4

I bought a 2019 Navion D. My CCC is 1128lbs. For the wife and I this works great. LOVE the counterspace between the sink and cooktop...appx 30" of clear working space!. TONS of storage. I weighed it yesterday with MOST of the stuff we will always have, full water (26 gal) and full fuel (also 26 gal) No people on board it weighed 10330 lbs. By the time I add the two of us and our 75lb Golden Retriever and food for a week or so I will be right at 11030. I really liked the Tiffins but I would have to ride solo with dehydrated food mostly or be overweight. I like all the extras Tiffin does and I liked their quality but I want to use the thing not just drive it around with nothing in it. They have VERY limited CCC due to those extra convenience and offsetting features.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #5

We just downsized to a Navion 24D as well. The layout was the best for us coming from a 38 foot class A DP. Also, as mentioned, the counter space and storage was the best we saw. Loading it up this week with our normal gear and will head for the scales.
mark103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:17 PM   #6

We downsized from a 38' dp to Jayco Melbourne 24L and love it. OCCC is 1347 lbs. We just needed to carry less STUFF. Should be just fine for us. Having a shimmy issue right now and it's at the Mercedes dealer to be fixed. Looking forward to getting it back and hitting the road to someplace cooler.
Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #7

with the new layouts, you're trading off space for CCC. As nice as the Wayfarer is, it is severely limited on carrying capacity and people have been very critical of the. Still, a very nice unit, but you have to be aware of limitations before you buy.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I wondered about the full wall slide in the Winnie 24D floorplans, if it would put too much strain on the driver side of the coach...
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequeajim View Post
I wondered about the full wall slide in the Winnie 24D floorplans, if it would put too much strain on the driver side of the coach...
It’s Winnebago’s most popular floor plan and there hasn’t been a peep about any problems with it over the past two years.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #10

Debut Full Wall Slide +Rear Bath

The 20 D View has 1100 lbs OCCC. The difference between the View and Tiffin is 418 lbs. if you fill the water tanks with the Tiffin you could be at the max with nothing. The Tiffin is a poor design with no consideration to weight.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #11

I have apps 6000 miles in my 19 Navion D and have experienced zero issues with ANYTHING. I don't think the full slide has any impact. I will say I bought a leveling system ...Level Mate Pro. It is awesome and perhaps I don't have it "zeroed" correctly but when it tells me I am level then I put the slide out it will say I need to raise the driver side 1/2-3/4" so the slide will absolutely "tilt" the rig once deployed.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks. That's good news to hear. Do you have Sumo springs on your rig by any chance?
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide