Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #1

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
MB battery warranty?

This has been the year for batteries. We have an old Cadillac that we inherited which has eaten two batteries in the course of two years. Walmart exchanged them. Then my Ford ate it's 2 year old battery. Again, Walmart gave us a new one. Now, our Sprinter will not take a charge and reads only 6 volts.
MB replaced the chassis battery in 2018 under warranty when we purchased the coach. 2 years later, the battery refuses to hold a charge. What kind of warranty does MB have for their batteries? I couldn't find a date stamp on the battery core.
We picked up a new one at O'Riley Auto Parts which has a 3 year warranty. At least if it goes out we won't have to drive 50 miles each way to find out what MB won't cover.
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #2

Call your dealer. Second remember you disconnect your coach battery when not using. The connection is near the gas peddle. If you have a charger on the coach then you don’t need to do this. The house charger well charge the coach with a separate connector, I don’t remember the name. My 15 View needed a Battery last fall. I used a small solar in summer but that did not do enough.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:37 PM   #3

MB Chassis Battery

More than likely, the real issue is a MB problem, as it more than likely is that something is Drawing Down the Chassis Battery. MB will see the Draw above 50ma and tell you sooty. I found that my manufacture wired the Radio & Camera Switcher (their stuff) off the wrong side of the ignition switch.

Bite the bullet get a good AGM battery. Have a the MH tested for how much draw is on the Chassis Battery 50 ma is max as per MB. If it is, have a good Car Stereo Shop look for Wiring issues as above, and correct. Then test again.

Coffee Drink is correct, to use the Chassis Disconnect, it is Great, but you should only unplug it after 10 minutes of Turning Off Engine and letting the MB computers finish it’s checks and have a controlled shut-down. If you don’t you run the risk of having the Check Engine light come on (as early as within 1-week of having it reset. It most likely will be a #87 relay code fault.

I learned all of the above the hard way.
LucasCali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, warranty