Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2021, 02:13 PM   #1

MB Sprinter Emission Litigation

To 2010-2016 MB Sprinter diesel owners,

If you haven’t heard yet, there is a class action suit against Mercedes and Bosch

I’m curious as to what everyone is doing with the options offered with regard to the emissions modification and the effects on the engine, if any.

Thanks, Bruce
2013 Leisure Travel Serenity, MB diesel
bpc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2021, 05:19 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
bpc40
Doubt it will change things very much. I went thru the entire process with my VW diesel Passat and I can not detect any change in performance. There may even be a slight decrease in fuel consumption and no significant change in DEF use.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:21 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
bpc40
I have my recall scheduled on my 2016 Winnebago Era.,
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:21 AM   #4

Just got mine back from the dealer with the free reprogram and change out of the def and nox sensors. Have not noticed any difference. Also filled out the paperwork on the MB lawsuit. This is on a 14 MB bluetec SUV, so may be a little different.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:33 AM   #5

Here's the website:

https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/

You get an improved emissions system, extended emissions warranty and a check for $3290. You get an additional payment if the performance suffers more than a certain amount.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:09 AM   #6

recall

I have mine scheduled for May 1. I was wondering if they are going to reimburse me for the Nox sensor I had to install a year ago. Does anyone know if I can. Thanks
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:23 AM   #7

I think its worth a good fight.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:32 PM   #8

I received my notice from MB but it also said the dealership in my area hadn't received the parts yet and that I would be contacted when they did. Not sure I am going to pursue the class action part. I will be watching this thread to see what others are doing.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
Here's the website:
https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/
You get an improved emissions system, extended emissions warranty and a check for $3290. You get an additional payment if the performance suffers more than a certain amount.
I received the mailer about this a couple weeks ago and reviewed the website you mentioned. Is this saying that a person will definitely receive $3290? Or is this like most class action lawsuits where you might receive that much depending on how many enter the lawsuit.

I still need to get mine into the dealer for the passenger side airbag recall.

Thanks for any clarification on my question
Old 04-10-2021, 06:48 PM   #10

Upon a close read of the information packet I received in the mail, it says a person may receive up to $3290. However the website seems to indicate members of the class action will receive that amount. It will be interesting to find out the average amount that is paid out to each applicant.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #11

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
Recall Repair time

I was scheduled to have the recall performed next Wednesday. MB never specified how long the actual work would take until this morning.

Just received a phone call stating that the repair will require us to leave the RV for several days. No problem. My wife does not drive and we live 46 miles away in the country. MB will reimburse private transport up to $35 which will get us to no place we want to be and they do not offer a courtesy vehicle.

We cancelled our appointment so we can secure alternative transportation. The next open date is in mid July.

Did anybody else have their appointment extend to more than one day?
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #12

I took my 2016 (2015 chassis) Itasca Navion in on Tuesday morning and got a phone call saying it was ready Thursday morning. I doubt that any dealer would provide a loaner for an RV service appointment, the RV usually is not anyone's primary transport. I don't think that the recall actually took two days of a mechanic's time. There were several other RVs and commercial Sprinter vans awaiting service, likely for the same recall. Seems that the most efficient way for the dealer to do this is to keep a stock of vehicles queued up so the mechanics always have another one to work on when they finish one up, no down time waiting for the next one to be brought in.
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #13

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
QUOTE: We cancelled our appointment so we can secure alternative transportation. The next open date is in mid July.

We uncancelled our appointment and will take it in next Tuesday.

I was kind of hoping that MB would offer some kind of transportation. Apparently not.
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNSue View Post
Just received a phone call stating that the repair will require us to leave the RV for several days.
Did anybody else have their appointment extend to more than one day?
I haven't made my appointment yet but likely it will take more than a day since I'll need to get this new emission recall done, along with the rear wheel sensors, and the passenger side airbag recall. The airbag I put off for more than a year (maybe two?) due to the pandemic and wife's medical issues. Time to get it all taken care of.

Tags
sprinter