Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPULSE DRIVEN View Post
How is the performance on hills? That is one factor I'm getting a diesel I'd the power and performance.
We went across the Continental Divide twice this past summer with no problems at all. Love our Navion Itasca 24J
rakuwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Turn up the music
rakuwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #45

Mileage

Just made our first trip in our new to us, 2006 View. Bought it from a 78 year old lady that bought it new in 2006. Has only 20000 miles on it. Due to lack of use I had many things to deal with. We luv it! The trip was from Cape May NJ. to Atlanta GA. to my son's for Thanksgiving. Mileage avg, for the whole trip was 18.14MPG. That was moving at around 65 MPH and loaded with all the extras (food water and wife stuff). Much easier than our 28 foot fifth wheel. For long term trips with grand kids we will take the 5th. For short term trips just me and the boss, the View (known as Florence) will be the ticket we paid for!

cph
CPH628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Just completed a 4000 mile round trip from New Mexico to South Florida in our new Winnebago Via 25P. What a great vehicle. The MB Sprinter 3.0 Turbo Diesel was fantastic, plenty of power and had excellent MPG (15 avg.) at posted speed limit using cruise control. Used gas buddy to find the best prices for diesel fuel along the way. Since we are newbies, our first and only rv was a 1982 VW Westphalia, which we sold in 1995. We are glad to be back in the game. Didn't realize how much we missed the life.....
rivolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #47

Itasca Navion IQ 24G

Purchased a used 2013 four months ago with only 4,000 miles. Have 7,000 miles now on 5 three day trips--still working for another year- we have averaged over 17 mpg. No DEF light yet. Manual states refill not needed for around 10,000 miles. Will see if that is true. I carry 2 1/2 gallons at all times for refill. The Navion is a joy to drive and easy to park. Took it to Long Beach here in Washington State and used Two stabilizers sold by Camping World. Set one on each side just ahead of the rear tires and tightened up the blue strap on the bottom and it removed 90% of the rocking. They fold up into the supplied Bag for easy storage. Took less than 5 minutes to set up. Except for having to buy a second ignition key we have had zero issues. Just love the Sprinter chassis and feel it to be one of our best purchases made in our 45 years of marraige.
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #48

When driving a Diesel use the proper terminology. It's FUEL mileage not GAS mileage
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #49

In my past life I had a 2003 I think sprinter work truck that I put 65000 miles on. Other than a fuel filter no problems. I understand that with miles some things start causing problems. Is their anyone out their that has put on 100k miles and how has long term repairs been?
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #50

Did you have any problems finding diesel fuel in WV?
BLK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2014 Winnebago View, 27K miles, average mpg-16+ over 300 (really 350+)mile range on one tank.

Very comfortable for 2, (double beds) 2 recliners.

Drives great, pulls mountains plenty good enough (been up to 11K feet at bear tooth) Canadian Rockies, Blue Ridge mountains, West Virginia, etc.

Only chasis issue was a Check engine light that had to be reprogrammed.

OK by me
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #52

Anybody drive a Solera 24M, the floor plan with the murphy bed? What is your experience with that floor plan? We are looking at a 2014 unit.
Thanks,
Dan
DCGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpatnode View Post
Did you have any problems finding diesel fuel in WV?
No
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #54

Bought a 2011 Four Winds Siesta 24SA with 4000 miles on it. Tacked on 3500 additional miles including a run up Cadillac Mountain in Maine. No problems at all. Before winter I added a Helwig sway bar and Timbren suspension enhancement system, itching to see how it changed it! 15.5 mpg average.
thomasd923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #55

Reyo

We recently purchased a 2015 Reyo, the 25T model and love it. Great drive, lots of outside storage and adaquate inside storage. Decent shower and bathroom, and twin beds that make into a very large King. Easy on the fuel as well.
Drawbacks that we have seen so far include the shortness of the twin beds, 77 inches on one and 74 on the other with a 32 inch width. That's why we have gone to the king with a Superbag.
The rig handles great and quiet at speeds up to 55 mph. Above that, it starts to get a lot of road noise, but handles well.
I would consider an upgrade on the sofa to include the makeup air-bed for the grandkids. They also have a sleeping loft over the front (driving) seats, but that option eliminates the driver side entry door.
Hanging storage is limited to one closet that is about 15 inches wide. Stuff can be hung in the shower if that is not used.
There is no ladder to the roof, not that I want to climb one, and there should be a power vent in the bedroom ceiling. The windows open out via a top hinge on both sides of the rig, and the shades are very nice.
Best finish, both inside and out, of any RV I have ever had.
Kennykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
When driving a Diesel use the proper terminology. It's FUEL mileage not GAS mileage
Actually, you don't drive a diesel ...... you drive a vehicle. The vehicle is powered by the diesel.

That is, if you want to be 100% accurate with the terminology.
Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote