Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2019, 12:08 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
My 2017 Thor Citation was built on a 2016 Sprinter chassis.

The first 3 digits are "WDA" = W - Germany ; DA - MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCK

11th position is a "9". The VIN decoder says "Plant Information: Ludwigsfelde, Germany".

The first 3 digits of the VIN identifies the country where the VIN was built: 1 = USA, 2 = Canada, J = Japan, K = Korea, etc.

MB trucks with VINS starting with WDx, are all built in Germany, the plant code within that country is the 11th position.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2019, 04:56 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodbar View Post
My 2017 Thor Citation was built on a 2016 Sprinter chassis.

The first 3 digits are "WDA" = W - Germany ; DA - MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCK

11th position is a "9". The VIN decoder says "Plant1 Information: Ludwigsfelde, Germany".

The first 3 digits of the VIN identifies the country where the VIN was built: 1 = USA, 2 = Canada, J = Japan, K = Korea, etc.

MB trucks with VINS starting with WDx, are all built in Germany, the plant code within that country is the 11th position.

Mr.Goodbar
The vin number on my Mercedes 3500 was changed by Winnebago when they did the conversion to a motorcoach so that now it begins with their first three characters: "WDA". The eleventh character still reflects that it was made in Germany: "P".
I think!
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:08 AM   #17

Well for grins I ran my VIN through the decoder, made in Germany as noted, 2017 chassis 2018 V24D.

I noted that the "eleventh" character is erroneous, it is not in that position so the article is not correct but the decoder works to correctly identify where the chassis is made.

The VIN decoder is not correct in identifying the safety components really installed. WGO did not order the chassis with those features.
kayak70 is offline   Reply With Quote