Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2022, 10:20 AM   #1

New View order time

Anyone recently got a new View that you ordered? Would like to know the time you had to wait for delivery, Anyone order from Lichtsinn?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2022, 01:17 PM   #2

I tried asking Lichtsinn on their live chat, and the agent didn't know.
Passed my question along to sales, and now they think I want to buy one.
FWIW, we ordered ours in OCT 2017 and took delivery in late MAR 2018. Purchased through an Ontario, Canada based RV dealer.
You could try asking them on their live chat. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Old 02-26-2022, 03:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
I tried asking Lichtsinn on their live chat, and the agent didn't know.
Passed my question along to sales, and now they think I want to buy one.
FWIW, we ordered ours in OCT 2017 and took delivery in late MAR 2018. Purchased through an Ontario, Canada based RV dealer.
You could try asking them on their live chat. Maybe you'll have better luck.
I already know what they say just wondering how it actually comes out. We have a View on order with Lichtsinn and happy with them so far. Hoping some has bought one recently.
DAJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJO View Post
I already know what they say just wondering how it actually comes out. We have a View on order with Lichtsinn and happy with them so far. Hoping some has bought one recently.
If this email address still works (haven't used it for a while) you could try asking the support people at Winnebago. Explain the situation, and ask them what the prognosis is for delivery dates, based on your order date. They're good people, and have helped me on a few occasions.
or@winnebagoind.com (Owner Resources @ Winnebago)
You'd think a delivery to Lichtsinn would be quick, as they're just down the road.
When you get the new unit, make sure to verify by VIN # that all the outstanding recalls, if any, have been done. I believe it's an FMVSS legal requirement that they be done prior to delivery, but I checked the 2 on my NCV3 based Navion anyway, to be sure. Unfortunately, the VS30 chassis has had it's share of blips since it's inception in 2019.
UPDATE: Just got a "late Fall" guesstimate from a Lichtsinn sales person for a View delivery. I have dealt with them online before and dropped by their place back in 2018 to inquire about some custom work I wanted done. While researching things further, life got in the way, and then Covid happened. I found them to be easy to deal with, and quite helpful, considering I haven't bought anything there. Maybe when the world re-opens, I'll try them again.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJO View Post
Anyone recently got a new View that you ordered? Would like to know the time you had to wait for delivery, Anyone order from Lichtsinn?
I ordered a View from Lichtsinn Feb 2022 for a tentative late fall delivery. Per Winnebago Customer Support as of 15 Nov 2022 the delivery date of my View is currently unknown due to “continuing supply chain and recall issues.” Lichtsinn has been great checking in with me monthly, but even though Lichtsinn is just down the road it seems Winnebago keeps their production status pretty close holed. I guess they want to make sure they are painting a rosy picture for the shareholders at the expense of their dealers and customers.
talltale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by talltale View Post
I ordered a View from Lichtsinn Feb 2022 for a tentative late fall delivery. Per Winnebago Customer Support as of 15 Nov 2022 the delivery date of my View is currently unknown due to “continuing supply chain and recall issues.” Lichtsinn has been great checking in with me monthly, but even though Lichtsinn is just down the road it seems Winnebago keeps their production status pretty close holed. I guess they want to make sure they are painting a rosy picture for the shareholders at the expense of their dealers and customers.
We ordered in Feb also. We bailed out in May glad we did now as we would still be waiting.
Old 11-17-2022, 11:51 AM   #7

If it were me, I'd be scouring the interwebs for an attractively priced, gently used recent model year unit. This time of year folks are looking to unload their RV vs. storing that unit for the winter. At the same time the resale market is getting softer, becoming more of a buyers' market than a sellers' market. Thus, even if their initial asking price isn't super-attractive, the price you can negotiate with them might be.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #8

That’s exactly what I did I’ve been looking at used views for quite awhile. Because of Covid the prices for new are out of control they have come down somewhat but there are more used ones now because it’s the end of the year and people that did buy just aren’t into rving. I found a 19 view 2 months ago from original owner full body paint,generator had 2.5 hours mileage 6800 miles for $ 107K
showem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 PM   #9

If you can be patient on a purchase decision, time is your friend, as I believe used prices will continue to soften. I could be wrong, won't be the first time, but that would be my bet.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view