Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

Prism 24G - Adding outside door latches

The rear compartment on my Prism 24G with rear bed slideout does not have a latch to hold the compartment door open - I realize this is due to possible damage if one were to put the slide out with the door latched in the up position.

Has anyone added the latches anyway - they will have to mount on the slide itself, which I assume is probably fiberglass - I'm pretty sure the outer trim on the slides is metal.

The same goes for the door to the generator compartment - which needs to be open to access the holding tank drain valves (maybe not a great design?)

I don't see any way to add the little spring/gas loaded cylinders that hold doors open.
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #2

Don't want to chances. I know for sure that I'll forget.
kohraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohraptor View Post
Don't want to chances. I know for sure that I'll forget.
That is a distinct possibility .
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #4

AudiDudi - I had the same issue with my Prism 24J. I got some plastic latches from eBay and simply used double-sided foam tape to attach them to the rig. Two are stuck to the slide-out. And yes, I did forget once, since the hatch door can only be held open when the slide is in, I opened the slide and heard a "POP" sound. Fearing the worst...went out and checked - no damage to anything. The hatch simply popped off the plastic latch. I did use only a couple of small pieces of foam tape on that one - hoping it would pull off prior to door or slide damage. Apparently I did well = since even that didn't occur! less than $10 between 5 latches and tape. 8^) ST

2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P, 1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC, 1989-1993 Tents!
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door