Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2023, 04:55 PM   #1

Sprinter 3500 Tires?

What does everyone recommend as the goto best tires? 2011 Itasca Navion IQ on a Sprinter 3500. Need something quality. Not the cheapest but since I’m looking to replace all 7 tires I can’t go crazy expensive
KidzBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2023, 05:15 PM   #2

If you were a high mileage RVer, you might want to see what other high mileage Sprinters run…….think Amazon, or FedEx, or UPS ….any business that doesn’t want to have down time because of tire issues. Maybe even check what ambulances are running, or public transit shuttle vehicles.

If you RV park most often……you might see what’s on the newest Sprinter campers…….probably Michelin, or Continental, or Hankook etc.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:45 PM   #3

I replaced the original Continentals on my 2016 Prism with Michelin Agilis Cross Climates. About $240ea out the door at my local tire shop. 17k miles on the fronts and showing very little wear.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 08:42 AM   #4

Am considering Falken WildPeak AT3 as a gnarlier gripper for sloppy road conditions and campgrounds. Have them on my JKU Wrangler and so far, so good. They're also made with a hybrid rubber compound that has a 3PMSF stamp on them. Good for all terrain, all season (winter/summer), snow and ice. They're around $220 each, before tax/installation at Discount Tire.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:51 AM   #5

The Michelin Agilis Cross Climates (which replaced the Defender in most sizes) seem to be the "go to" for Sprinter Motorhomes. Most of the ones sold here are E rated but there is also a C Metric version designed for heavier loads on Euro vans. Mine are E rated but someone on the Airstream forum was able to find the C metrics after having issues with the E version.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 12:39 PM   #6

Sprinter 3500 Tires?

Im running Michelin Defender LTX M/S. They have been a fantastic tire. Looks like they are discontinued now. Looks like the Defender LTX
M/S 2 replaces it. I have about 20,000 miles on them and they are wearing great. I dont run our RV in the snow just dont want the salt to eat it all up. It in all other conditions they handle amazing. Heavy downpours no issues. The coolest thing. I haven’t had to add any air to the tires since I set the proper pressures after installation. They have maintained the same PSI cold temps for the last 4 years. They run cool in the summer based off my tire monitors and no funny wear. They had a small amount of road noise in the front when new but after a few hundred miles were quiet.
Snowrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:46 AM   #7

Thanks all. I landed in the Michelin Agilis Cross Climates. So far, so good!
KidzBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:21 PM   #8

We have a 2017 Midwest 3500 chassis with original tires on rear. We picked unit up new from Midwest in April 2018. We are ready to replace original rear tires at 53,000 miles. The original fronts only lasted 28,000 miles. Uneven wear on outer edge of fronts. We replaced the fixed camber bolts to adjustable and put on new tires and had the unit aligned loaded as we travel on road. This has not fixed uneven wear and fronts need replacing again. Door air pressure shows 58lb for fronts and was told by dealer to run at 62lb the pressure at which I run rears. Curious if others have uneven tire wear on fronts? At what tire pressure do you run your rig?
After reading forum I am leaning toward the Michelins but I am hearing from tire guy that they are having good luck with the Hancooks on the Amazon vans.
letmidejl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:30 PM   #9

The Euro C tires are NOT Light Truck. They will not have the LT preceding the size, however they will have a C on the end of the size which does NOT indicate a load range. Euro C tires are much higher load rated than the same size in an LT tire, and are engineered for Sprinters, Promasters, Transits.

With many class C models being overweight or at max all the time, the Euro C is a good choice.

Charles
Old 05-07-2023, 08:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmidejl2 View Post
We have a 2017 Midwest 3500 chassis with original tires on rear. We picked unit up new from Midwest in April 2018. We are ready to replace original rear tires at 53,000 miles. The original fronts only lasted 28,000 miles. Uneven wear on outer edge of fronts. We replaced the fixed camber bolts to adjustable and put on new tires and had the unit aligned loaded as we travel on road. This has not fixed uneven wear and fronts need replacing again. Door air pressure shows 58lb for fronts and was told by dealer to run at 62lb the pressure at which I run rears. Curious if others have uneven tire wear on fronts? At what tire pressure do you run your rig?
After reading forum I am leaning toward the Michelins but I am hearing from tire guy that they are having good luck with the Hancooks on the Amazon vans.
We run 62lbs in our Vita 3500 mercedes chassis, I too added Camber bolts. Alignment shops are not all same, possible they didnt do a good job? We installed Michelin tires and so far love it. No irregular wear on front after camber and realignment.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #11

Thanks to everyone's input. I went with the Michelin Agilis Cross Ciimate tires. From the wear pattern on my old front tires it appears I was running too low a pressure at 58lb which is on door placard of the van. I am going to try a higher pressure on the front tires. I have had the van aligned twice at two different Mercedes shops last one being a large shop in California which sells and services Sprinters. This shops appears to maintain commercial sprinter fleets. I will up date the link after my trip back from California to Michigan. Best to everyone
Old 05-08-2023, 11:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmidejl2 View Post
Thanks to everyone's input. I went with the Michelin Agilis Cross Ciimate tires. From the wear pattern on my old front tires it appears I was running too low a pressure at 58lb which is on door placard of the van. I am going to try a higher pressure on the front tires. I have had the van aligned twice at two different Mercedes shops last one being a large shop in California which sells and services Sprinters. This shops appears to maintain commercial sprinter fleets. I will up date the link after my trip back from California to Michigan. Best to everyone
Where in California is the shop and what is the name of the shop? Thanks
Bunnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:50 AM   #13

Mercedes Benz of Temecula of California.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:34 PM   #14

For our Sprinter 3500 our Discount Tire dealer went with the 10-ply Michelin Agilis Cross-Climate instead of the C-metric. So, no recall on those (yet?).

That said, the tire dealer was unable to balance the wheels properly and we finally had to go to our local MB dealer in Lakeland, FL, to get the wheels balanced after the new tires were mounted. Something to do with a larger than usual hub for wheels on a a 1-ton 3500 MB van and needing a specific adapter, which the Lakeland, FL, dealer had. Another local MB dealer close to Orlando was unwilling to balance our aluminum wheels, but the folks in Lakeland, FL, did a great job and we'd happily recommend them for Sprinter service.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter, tire, tires