Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2021, 06:47 AM   #1

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
Sprinter front jacks

We've decided to start looking at leveling jacks after our last road trip. Our sprinter has the forward sloping incline and we believe that a pair of front jacks, behind the cab, would help bring the vehicle to near level.

After looking around at suppliers websites and reading people's recommendations, it appears that most have 4 levelers and some suppliers state that their systems "stabilize" the vehicle so that it will not wobble when supported. We are needing to elevate the front end slightly.

Does anybody have any recommendations about our request?
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #2

I haven't got these yet, but they're on the wish list, if the border ever opens again. I've seen generally good ratings for their installations, and after purchase support people, if they ever have a problem. I think their pricing is competitive.
The Official Website for Bigfoot© Hydraulic Leveling Systems
Old 03-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #3

I have the Bigfoot automatic hyd. jacks. They do add a little extra weight to the marginal CCC sprinter chassis, but as you say, appears front of sprinter is a little bit lower, so jacks are necessary to get level in many places.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #4

I've never had an issue leveling my Prism 24G with the orange blocks. I have the rear stabilizers that crank down (using a 18v drill )
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
I've never had an issue leveling my Prism 24G with the orange blocks. I have the rear stabilizers that crank down (using a 18v drill )

We too have used the orange blocks and have electric stabilizers mounted forward of the rear axle. The electric stabilizer's have not been used since one side refused to retract and I had to crawl under the truck and remove the electric motor and manually turn the screw to retract it. Guess it was not that essential since the rear axle is fairly stiff and, again, the rear sits high and adding stabilizer left just aggravated that condition.

What I would like to see is front lifts that could be independently placed in position to both lift the front and add some tilt, if needed, to reduce the downward rake and slant we frequently encounter.

Orange blocks are OK unless the soil is wet, or you are on a concrete pad and they slide. Given that the front wheels are on a suspension system, getting some lift to help level the truck shouldn't be too much of a task.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNSue View Post
We too have used the orange blocks and have electric stabilizers mounted forward of the rear axle. <snip>.

My stabilizers are aft of the rear axle. It sounds like a PITA if an electric one fails.

Never had an issue with the blocks sliding and I have also used about 18 inches of 2x8 at times.

Good luck!
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:24 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We've decided to start looking at leveling jacks after our last road trip. Our sprinter has the forward sloping incline and we believe that a pair of front jacks, behind the cab, would help bring the vehicle to near level.

After looking around at suppliers websites and reading people's recommendations, it appears that most have 4 levelers and some suppliers state that their systems "stabilize" the vehicle so that it will not wobble when supported. We are needing to elevate the front end slightly.

Does anybody have any recommendations about our request?
If you want to level your coach, you'll need a leveling system (jacks) or you'll have to drive up on blocks. Stabilizers are not capable of leveling, they merely take a little of the weight off the suspension to prevent the coach rocking while you walk around inside.

Leveling with blocks is a PITA and, you have to use your valuable storage space to carry them around. We enjoy the convenience of our hydraulic leveling system.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:08 AM   #8

The front hydraulic jacks have a lift capacity of 8500 lbs. A pair up front, along with the suspension travel, should be able to raise it to level.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:34 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The front hydraulic jacks have a lift capacity of 8500 lbs. A pair up front, along with the suspension travel, should be able to raise it to level.
I think using a single pair of jacks is a bad idea. Attempting to level side-to-side with this setup would risk twisting the frame. Note that the four jack systems ensure that all four jacks are in contact with the ground before leveling and, when adjusting tilt side-to-side, they run both the forward and rear jacks together to avoid frame twist.

The four jack system from Bigfoot is $3300. I'm not even sure they sell a two jack system.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, sprinter