Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I am ready to purchase a leveling system for my 2015 Reyo. I am looking at either the Equalizer system or Big Foot. I notice many have installed both of these on their Sprinter Chassis and seem to be happy with both. Are there any negatives to either one? Any help you can give me in making this decison would be greatly appreciated.
dpm91141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2020, 03:42 AM   #16

Sprinter leveling systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm91141 View Post
I am ready to purchase a leveling system for my 2015 Reyo. I am looking at either the Equalizer system or Big Foot. I notice many have installed both of these on their Sprinter Chassis and seem to be happy with both. Are there any negatives to either one? Any help you can give me in making this decison would be greatly appreciated.
I have (4) Big Foot levelers on my 2018 Prism (came as factory option), and love them. Spare Tire access NOT so easy, You should know that a cross bar between the two (2) Rear levelers, which must be un-bolted to lower the spare. Apparently, Big Foot is aware of this issue, didnít - doesnít care. Search this & other forums about the issue.

Iíve un-bolted as I wanted to try to move it from leading (Front) to trailing (Rear) side of the Leveler Tube. I stopped, and put it back to original because I did not like the Cross Bar so close to the hydraulic fittings on the Leveler Tube.

I didnít go so far as to actually lower the spare, but additional searches has shown that the Square Pad might be in the way of the Spare as well. My thoughts are if it is, just need to drop the Levelers, and then work the spare around the Levelers.

The best to all, Lucas
LucasCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:58 AM   #17

I've had my Equalizer Levelers for 2 years with no issues and I love them. They weigh 140lbs, I replaced electric stabilizers which weighed 80lbs. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. The Equalizer folks were wonderful to work with and I liked that it was installed in just a few hours. They delivered!
Here is a poll, that shows 72% satisfaction among owner that had them installed at the Equalizer shop, https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ight=Equalizer. This gives you an idea with reviews.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:27 AM   #18

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
I had my RV dealer install Equalizers on my Entegra Qwest 24L. I wouldn't want to go back to not having the levelers. I often don't use the auto feature, and simply manually level the system. The auto feature sometimes leveled too high, raising a wheel off the ground when not necessary. Nevertheless, much more user friendly than blocks alone. We got in enough situations where we used both blocks and levelers, so it's nice to have more options.

Our installation wasn't as great experience. The dealership was new, and this was the first time they installed a set. They claimed the generator was in the way of the hydraulic tank, and needed to weld a bracket in place to accommodate. The left the original stabilizers in place, so I now have both.
Things work well, but if I had it to do again, I'd go to Equalizer to get the work done. We are still able to stay at max weight with the new system when set up for travel.
gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Thor Synergy

HI- We recently purchased a new 2018 Thor Synergy SP24 from dealer that came with "stabilizers" mounted to the rear L&R of the chassis. The salesman said that Mercedes will void the warranty on the chassis if a leveling system is installed due to racking of the frame. I know I'm late to this discussion but wanted to comment.
Jay888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:07 AM   #20

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
The Equalizers are sold for the Sprinter, and won't have a warranty if installed correctly. Qualified installers know the Mercedes restrictions relative to frame mounting, so I wouldn't expect issues.
gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #21

No warranty issues with Equalizer installation, call them and discuss it they have great customer service!
Old 01-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #22

We drove to White Pigeon and had Big Foot levelers installed on our MB Thor Citation. Took them a total 2hrs to install. I donít remember ever camping in a level spot, now they all are! The stillness is a bonus. They put the control panel with the others, and had to move them around a bit to fit. Looks like OEM. I highly recommend.
bludog87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling