Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #113

Does it let you interrogate the system, i.e. Def, and reset if lamp is displayed?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #114

2011 Sprinter?

I'm wondering if it will work on 2011 Sprinter?
RLP1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #115

Our 2017 24J View is going in for warranty work for two issues, following our next trip.

1) Water intrusion into the double-doored storage area, underneath the slide on the left-hand side of the View. Water pools at the front of this storage area.

2) Awning failure. The last time I retracted the awning, it stopped, binding against the metal cover. I had to get up on the roof and help the cover up and over the closing awning.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #116

Leak

Could you please tell me what they say about the leak on the double storage areas behind the drivers side. I am having the exact same problem with me 2014 Itasca Navion. I of course am out of warranty. I want to know what specifically to have fixed since I have to pay for it. I appreciate your help. Good luck
dlarsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:56 AM   #117

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Does it let you interrogate the system, i.e. Def, and reset if lamp is displayed?
If you are still talking about Scan Gauge, you might want to talk to them.

I had the def light issue, that required a re-program of the computer .

But, the def light was the reason I bought the scan gauge.

The only issues I had with my View were caused by bad sensors (twice) and the computer reprograming for the def warn system. All in 37K miles.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #118

Many issues, mostly SCR, NOX sensors

Just coming up on 2 years, 48,000 km. On our first trip we made it to nearly Tampa when the CEL came on. We were cared for in st Pete's by Crown MB wonderfully. They replace both NOX sensors and reprogrammed the modules. No further trouble that year. Then the same issue on another trip south. Same remedy, silver spring, at a dealer in Baltimore. Again great service, same day! Awesome treats in the waiting area.

Now we're having some sort of electrical glitch. If I lock the doors, say to sleep in the rig, and then try to start it without unlocking, there is a click and the dash goes dark and the ignition won't turn at all. The first time this happened, I waited a few seconds, and the the dash lit up and I started. The next time I locked the doors, slept and the unlocked the doors and then dash went black. Nothing happened until I turned on the dome light, then a buzz in the dash (near the speedometer) and the dash lit up. The next time that didn't work, but opening the drivers door worked and the dash lit up and I could start. The next time that didn't work, but I popped the hood and the dash lit up and I started. Next while driving the battery symbol came on (in South Carolina, seeing a pattern? This doesn't happen when I'm in Canada). I stopped and restarted, and it went away. Then two weeks later, while driving the battery light comes on and after stop and restart it's gone, but in the morning as I unlock the doors the dash goes dark. This time nothing works, until I start the Genny and then click/buzz in the dash and I can start.

It seemed to me to be a battery issue, but when I check the battery when the engine is off, it's at 12.6 volts. And when the dash goes dark nothing lights up inside the cab, and the headlights don't work, even the 12 v outlet under the ashtray is dead? I'm baffled... And the dealer can't replicate this intermittent fault. Any thoughts? Could it be a loose connection? Or the anti theft module?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Eric in Ottawa
Backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarsell View Post
Could you please tell me what they say about the leak on the double storage areas behind the drivers side. I am having the exact same problem with me 2014 Itasca Navion. I of course am out of warranty. I want to know what specifically to have fixed since I have to pay for it. I appreciate your help. Good luck
Will do, but it will be a couple of months. What I keep in this storage bay doesn't care about the water so it's nothing I'm taking it in right away for. Is your's also the J floor plan?
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 AM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoctor View Post
Just coming up on 2 years, 48,000 km. On our first trip we made it to nearly Tampa when the CEL came on. We were cared for in st Pete's by Crown MB wonderfully. They replace both NOX sensors and reprogrammed the modules. No further trouble that year. Then the same issue on another trip south. Same remedy, silver spring, at a dealer in Baltimore. Again great service, same day! Awesome treats in the waiting area.

Now we're having some sort of electrical glitch. If I lock the doors, say to sleep in the rig, and then try to start it without unlocking, there is a click and the dash goes dark and the ignition won't turn at all. The first time this happened, I waited a few seconds, and the the dash lit up and I started. The next time I locked the doors, slept and the unlocked the doors and then dash went black. Nothing happened until I turned on the dome light, then a buzz in the dash (near the speedometer) and the dash lit up. The next time that didn't work, but opening the drivers door worked and the dash lit up and I could start. The next time that didn't work, but I popped the hood and the dash lit up and I started. Next while driving the battery symbol came on (in South Carolina, seeing a pattern? This doesn't happen when I'm in Canada). I stopped and restarted, and it went away. Then two weeks later, while driving the battery light comes on and after stop and restart it's gone, but in the morning as I unlock the doors the dash goes dark. This time nothing works, until I start the Genny and then click/buzz in the dash and I can start.

It seemed to me to be a battery issue, but when I check the battery when the engine is off, it's at 12.6 volts. And when the dash goes dark nothing lights up inside the cab, and the headlights don't work, even the 12 v outlet under the ashtray is dead? I'm baffled... And the dealer can't replicate this intermittent fault. Any thoughts? Could it be a loose connection? Or the anti theft module?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Eric in Ottawa
That all sounds like a connection-either Positive or negative- I would bet a ground

wiggle all the connections, to check for looseness.

Once you locate all the connections...do it in the dark so you can see the flicker of lights.

Start at the battery & work out..don not forget the connection at the firewall (where the wires go from the engine compartment into the Coach)

You can do it as well as a mechanic..probably better.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #121

Yes mine is a J floor plan. I don't want it to get moldy in there. When I look at it there seems to be some gaps in the rubber seals. I thought of caulking the gaps. I think I will call winnebago and see what they say. I suspect we aren't the only ones. If I hear anything I will let you know. Thanks
Old 11-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #122

If you have any further noc sensor problems have them check the year the sensors were made. When my rig first had problems they replaced one sensor and used one off the shelf that was the same year as the problem sensors. After many 4 times into different MB dealers, Rocklin looked up the date on the part and decided it was best to replace both sensors and use 2016 sensors (not 2014). I am very happy now.
I mad a short in my rig. It was under the drivers seat. It blew a fuse and we were stranded. We couldn't start the vehicle or lock the doors. When I went to Reno MB they replaced the fuse and said they couldn't find the short. Right after that I went to Camping World to get my door lock problem replaced under warranty. Thank heavens the mechanics located the short under my drivers seat while he was working on the door lock problem. That's all fixed.
The only problem I still haven't solved is the leak in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat. We spent 3 weeks in Oregon in October in the pouring rain.
I had new tires put on the front of the RV. They were worn on the inside because it hadn't been balanced after adding the RV to the sprinter. When the company took the tires off the fancy wheels they scratched the heck out of them. They were great about the mistake and bought me two brand new wheels. An expensive mistake on their part. Bummer I had to replace the tires at 10,000 miles. Lesson to everyone, GET YOUR FRONT END ALIGHNMENT CHECKED right after you get a new Navion or View.
Happy camping everyone. I do love my Navion now that I'm getting the kinks out of it
Old 03-01-2021, 07:19 PM   #123

Hello, HoosierRun!

I have a 2015 Serenity, and need to replace a couple of lights in the driver-side tail light assembly. I have opened the access door inside the rear compartment, and I can see the 3 long bolts that secure the tail-light lens assembly. One of the 3 is very reachable, one is partially obscured by the water lines, and the third is so obscured that I can barely touch it -- much less manipulate it.

You wrote these true words:

"Removal of the lens on the left side is difficult because of the plumbing pipes that limit access to the fastener that holds the lens against the body."

How the heck does one perform this operation?!? I've googled quite a bit, but to no avail. Your post is the closest I've come to help.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance you can offer!

john
404-786-0113
jra@adamsj.com
johnradams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #124

2019 Mercedes - no electrical

I have a 2019 Mercedes Sprinter. Once a week I start it up and let idle for 15 mins or so to charge chassis battery.

This time I run it for same and shut it off without incident. However, went to lock the looks with the remote and got nothing. Went back in, ZERO power. No dash lights , nothing.

Try to boost , nothing.

Called Mercedes and all they said was tow it. BUT with electronic shifter, no power to put in Neutral. They said, tow guy will boost to get it in Neutral but don't understand I already tried that.

Anyone hear of this issue? I would go buy a new battery but seems odd that it would start right up And run for 15 mins ...then nada.

Checked fuses...that's seems ok unless there's a secret one somewhere.

Oh 1 other odd thing - only life was a small electric motor sound coming from under cab each time I would try to press the start button. Almost like a electric motor doing a half turn or something...weird.

4th Motorhome but this is a new one for me....
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:32 AM   #125

15 minutes is no where near long enough to recharge your battery. Consider crank time, glow plugs(heat grid) and all electronics involved. Also engines do not run efficiently when cold. fuel gets past piston rings and dilutes the oil. Also carbon build up will occur. If you are going to run it, it needs to be driven. I added a fuel additive and would added a battery tender. Left it sit all winter, fired right off when I needed it. I treat my Cummins the same way
thomasd923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #126

Winnebago Owners Club
2015 - 3500 - 170 - 32K miles Winnebago ERA 170X

Wheel speed sensors and nox sensors replaced under warrantee
Jpetzrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tribute