Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
seat, hard ride

I don't think the seat is the issue REALLY, its the RIDE. I know a lot about what a hard ride feels like. I also have a 2008 Smart Car, and if drive a 1800 lb car down some of the roads its a test of your backside for sure.

This sprinter after our first real trip Va to Maine, 850 one way. Going down road (some of our country Interstates, the View 24V was in my mind like driving the smart car vers our pick of other car at home.

Its not the same smooth ride that our old 1997 Bounder was able to give us and that was a far cry from todays full size motorhomes

We had planned to be gone a week longer but Hell Broke lose work that made us take a 19 hour drive home with 17 hrs of drive time.

yes the seats could have been better, for a Winnebago,

Jerry Donna
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilesliemy View Post
Has anyone here upgraded their Sprinter seats? We just got back from a 4,000 mile trip almost crippled . Two problems for us. One is that the swivel makes the seat too high for a shorty like myself and I had to use a 5 inch high folding stool designed for airline seats which gave me no wiggle room. For my tall husband it didn't have a waterfall edge and kept cutting off the circulation in his legs/feet. Adjustments on the manual (non powered) seats are difficult to make on the fly. If we can't solve this problem we may just have to sell this 2 month old vehicle!
Leslie
I know this is an old post.

My wife is short and has the same problem. Our solution is to put the yellow plastic jack pads under her feet. Maybe not the best solution but seems to work.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilesliemy View Post
I had already seen the aftermarket seats online but am looking for someone that has actually had this done. There is no way to try before you buy - no showroom if you will. I would hate to have to send them back.
Leslie
I just went through the whole seat thing with my coach. I also could not find any showrooms. I had new flexsteel seats installed to the tune of $4000. When I arrived at the installer they had several seats on the floor but that was the only place I found them. You may call the manufacturer of your seats and ask about putting a new base on them so they are adjustable.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
4k wow, hope it's works well for you!