Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Used Sprinter/Winnebago Views

We are planing on buying a Winnebago View in the near future. Question is: are there any model years to avoid or careful about due to either chassis or coach issues?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #2

Not really. Some older T1N sprinters had a turbo resonator problem but I would think any still running have been fixed. They all have their idiosyncrasies. Some have lower OCCC than others.
Maybe others know of problematic years or models?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Please don’t double post.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #4

I stay away from Winnebago. My 2015 ERA quality is the worst. they staple their cabinets, no floor insulation, all cheap materials.

The sprinter is great, except for the maintenance costs are a bit higher than most.
ctarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:33 PM   #5

The floor in my View is a layer of aluminum on the bottom, two inches or more of white Styrofoam, which has the heater ducts inletted into it, and then a layer of plywood on top of that for the inside subfloor, if you want something other than stapled cabinets, it becomes a DIY situation as I think every manufacturer does about the same on this.

WBO goes above and beyond the other manufacturers by placing the parts manuals, wiring diagrams, wiring systems installation drawings, plumbing installation drawings, sealant manuals, etc, all online for free. Virtually all other manufacturers tell you they don't have them available at all, or that the information is proprietary and cannot be released (to avoid telling you they simply don't have them)

I have made very good use of the online manuals for my View (older ones are PDF files, newer ones use a special "viewer" that once loaded displays the files, that can be printed or I think you can save them locally). To me this is worth a bunch.

Charles
Old 10-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #6

I have a 2012 View-M. Before purchasing the View new I had a Roadtrek 190 Popular which is on the Chevy chassis. I put 150K miles on the Roadtrek. I thought the quality was great on it and was hoping Winnebago was as good. Yes, it is! I can't say enough good things about my View, HOWEVER, on of the gold-colored graphics on the outside deteriorated really, really fast (< 2 years). I'm still debating what to do about it. Living in Northern AZ, it might have been smart to get the full body paint.

Peggy
2012 View-M
2003 Honda Element-occasional toad
Pegk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:00 PM   #7

Rv

Has Benz addressed the problem of not wanting to use b20 bio diesel yet? I know some states that is all you can get.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsman41 View Post
Has Benz addressed the problem of not wanting to use b20 bio diesel yet? I know some states that is all you can get.
There is a lot of misinformation about bio. MB says ok to use with some considerations. Avoid long idling, smaller interval oil change. I used it in MN this summer with no problem.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
if you want something other than stapled cabinets, it becomes a DIY situation as I think every manufacturer does about the same on this.
I have yet to find a staple in any of my Pleasureway's cabinets.
Everything is screwed and glued.
Two years and 20,000 miles and everything is solid as a rock.

I would have considered a View if I hadn't found a floor plan I liked better.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddykern View Post
I have yet to find a staple in any of my Pleasureway's cabinets.
Everything is screwed and glued.
Two years and 20,000 miles and everything is solid as a rock.

I would have considered a View if I hadn't found a floor plan I liked better.

Same for Leisure Travel Van motorhomes... nothing stapled. It's quality all the way.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago