Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2021, 06:54 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
What tires?

The OEM tires on my Winnebago Era have 2014 dates on the sidewalls. I figure that it is time for replacing these. I have been considering Michelin, Agilis. Consumer Reports, in their recent issue recommend Continental Terrain Contact H/T,
Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604eholston View Post
The OEM tires on my Winnebago Era have 2014 dates on the sidewalls. I figure that it is time for replacing these. I have been considering Michelin, Agilis. Consumer Reports, in their recent issue recommend Continental Terrain Contact H/T,
I put the Michelins on the front of my 2016 Prism 24G last year - with about 6k miles on them so far, they are wearing well.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:15 PM   #3

Look at Tire Rack also...all depends on your driving conditions weather mileage etc..if you dont drive much dont spend much if you drive in snow..a whole different tire...good luck....
Quote:
norcal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Consumer Reports, in their recent issue recommend Continental Terrain Contact H/T.
Continental’s web site says they don’t fit. This is a sprinter 3500, with 16” LT tires, right?
Old 03-08-2021, 08:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
KanzKran. You are correct. I just found out the Continental does not come in my size. (215/85R16)
Thanks, dilemma solved.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #6

Quote:
KanzKran. You are correct. I just found out the Continental does not come in my size. (215/85R16)
Thanks, dilemma solved.

Lots of posts from people happy with the Michelins - not cheap! As I recall, it was close to $450 for 2 out the door.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:57 PM   #7

Puschased mine used with OEM Contis with 27K miles & fronts were wearing on outside tread, while rears seemed to have accelerated wear. Replaced all 6 with Michelin Agilis & have been very happy with ride & handling in rain.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #8

I just bought a set of 6 Michelin Agilis Crossclimate tires last week (4/3/21) for my Winnie class B ERA 70 so no experience yet, but if they handle and wear anything like the Michelin LTX MS2's I have on my silverado dually and the missus' 2500 suburban they will be great!

My original tires were the Conti's but they were shot when I bought the rig August last year (2020) and it's a 2018 model with 30K miles on it. I noticed that the tires were very worn in the middle so maybe previous owner was running too much tire pressure.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPalmer View Post
My original tires were the Conti's but they were shot when I bought the rig August last year (2020) and it's a 2018 model with 30K miles on it. I noticed that the tires were very worn in the middle so maybe previous owner was running too much tire pressure.
I started a thread on that very topic a while back where my door post pressures turned out to be way over the minimum pressure for what the van actually weighs. Rode like it was on wooden wagon wheels, too. Muuuch better now at the cold pressure charted for 110% of each axle’s actual load. Doesn’t wander as much any more, either.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/exc...es-503792.html

Getting an alignment next week too, as the outside edges are wearing. Seems to be a camber issue, but I don’t know if the local MB shop, who does a lot of MB RVs, can or will do anything about that.

Just bringing it up as it would be a shame for your new tires to wear like the original Continentals did.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:17 PM   #10

Thanks for the tip! I did set the pressure as per the door post, 61psi and it did feel like it was wandering a bit on the interstate home.

I need to check out that thread link you posted, we are heading to Texas in a few weeks and 2400 miles round trip will take it's toll on my new tires. thanks!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I did set the pressure as per the door post, 61psi and it did feel like it was wandering a bit on the interstate home.

I need to check out that thread link you posted, we are heading to Texas in a few weeks and 2400 miles round trip will take it's toll on my new tires. thanks!
I just completed 6k miles thru southwest, before I went I had an alignment done a local alignment shop known to hand trucks and RV. They did a great job and there was no wandering at all. The TOE was off from the factory. I have the original Continentals from Winnebago on chassis with now 13k miles.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:43 PM   #12

Quote:
I just bought a set of 6 Michelin Agilis Crossclimate tires last week (4/3/21) for my Winnie class B ERA 70 so no experience yet, but if they handle and wear anything like the Michelin LTX MS2's I have on my silverado dually and the missus' 2500 suburban they will be great!

This is the best choice.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. Previous, Being repaired and will be sold, is a 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires