Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
XITE XSG3NA-MB9 backup camera issues

My issue with the XITE XSG3NA-MB9 has been with the HD backup camera not being reliable. Original owner had the RV in for repair for this issue twice and I had it repaired once, but the problem persists. CW charged WGO to replaced the display, core unit, video cable and camera but it's still flaky. In my investigation, I've determined that the CW techs, never replaced the video cable or camera because they couldn't get the originals out. The cable takes too many twists and turns through the chassis to be able to remove it and install a new one. BTW the OEM camera is proprietary so you can't just swap it out with an off brand and to replace it will cost you $ 225.

My plan now is to buy an analog camera to replace the original one and connect it to a wireless video transmitter. The video receiver will present the new video signal to the core unit analog camera input. At least this way I'll get a backup camera again and still preserve all of the other radio functions.
LAT-LON is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #2

Why not run the cable across the roof? No one will see it, and there are already cable runs up there for the solar panels. It will blend right in.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
After a little work and multiple emails to Xite/Riverpark, the wireless backup system works. There are two main connectors behind the XSG3NA core unit that create the wiring rats nest. The connectors segregate the functions for power and AV. All of the AV wires are labeled while the wires to the power connector are not. My initial problem was that I could read and found an RCA connector labeled "Video In" and assumed that was what I needed. Since it didn't work, it became obvious that it wasn't. It turns out that WGO specified that all of the AV connections for this core unit are disabled. Why? Only the gods at WGO know.

In the power connector bundle, there are connections for some other uses, one of which is analog video. The tech at Riverpark told me that was the input that I needed. After pulling everything apart again and tracing the wires, I found another RCA connector stuffed behind a dash frame member. When I plugged my wireless video feed in there, everything worked. The video is good and I can turn it on at will or it will come on when the transmission is shifted into reverse, so no need for an additional monitor.

Sometimes you just have to be persistent and the techs can be helpful. My thanks to Josh at Riverpark for putting up with me through this project.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:49 PM   #4

Wireless camera

Could I trouble you for the make of the camera/receiver you used? I have the same issue albeit with a Newmar.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry to hear that you are having similar problems with your rearview camera system. I don't know how far you have dug into the problem, but your issue is most likely being caused by a bad connection where the camera pigtail interfaces with the video cable that runs from the front of your RV to the back. If you carefully remove the existing camera, you might be able to gently pull out the interface cable until you can gain access to the cable connectors. If you can get this far, just tighten the connection and wrap with electrical tape and hopefully problem solved.

If the cable is too tight, then you're no worse off. Assuming that you're out of luck, any new camera and transmitter will need 12VDC power, so you'll have to figure out where to find that in the rear of your RV. I was able to punch through the rear wall into some cabinets. From there I got power from some undercabinet lights. Power for the receiver shouldn't be too hard to locate as there is power all over the place under the dash.

There is a link to the wireless transmitter and receiver that I purchased below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383851514921

I purchased this unit because it was low cost and I didn't know if it would work or not. Unfortunately, the camera I used is no longer available from the vendor I chose. The camera was part of a camera and display system. The display was to take the place of the radio display. I ended up just using the camera alone. My solution isn't ideal. The image breaks up a little from time to time, but it's useable. Doesn't bother me enough to want to go through the effort to find a better solution.

There are many vendors who offer wireless transmitter/receiver pairs and cameras on Ebay. I'd just go through the current offerings and pick one that has enough range for your RV (probably over 40') and will easily interface with the transmitter you pick. The receiver portion will plug into the radio's analog camera input. The digital high def. camera input will only work with the Xite camera.

Tags
camera