Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
2013 Palazzo 36.1

We are thinking about buying a 2013 Palazzo 36.1 because we like the layout of the unit. Are Palazzo owners happy with their choice or should we look at something else? Are they dependable or are they always having problems? Is the chassis and engine a good match? Anything you have to share is welcome.
cmlintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 01:11 PM   #2

We have a 2015 33.3 and like it. Engine seems to be a good match to the chassis. There are always some problems with any coach. Check the basement flooring to see if it is rotted out. If so, it will need to be replaced. I suggest paying to have a certified inspection. The slide out track system is problematic on all of the Palazzo's. But the 1st yr of production in 2013 they were much worse. If you get the coach at a good price, I suggest that you take it to Vroom Slide System and have Bill install the new high quality and very durable system on the coach (about $3,000) and never have to worry if the slides will get stuck in the extended or retracted position. Here is their website info. Vroom Slide Systems - RV Slide Out Replacement, Fix RV Slide Out Fix
Old 01-27-2022, 06:03 AM   #3

We purchased a low mileage 2013 Palazzo 33.2 from Camping World and had nothing but problems with it, mainly due to the large slide out. The 2-track Swintek system with all the weight of the kitchen, residential fridge, dining booth, pantry, and washer / dryer was just too much. I believe the newer models went to the improved 3-track system, but I would never consider another Palazzo because of the chronic repair issues and the problems with the dealer. There are lots of other choices out there to consider.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:06 PM   #4

We purchased a 2013 36.1 in November and drove it 500+ miles home with no issues. We love the floorplan, the larger sized stacked washer/dryer, and the bath and a half. We live in Indiana and have only been able to stay in it a couple of nights, but love it so far. We plan on going full time in it in August '23. It needs some minor work, but nothing to scare us away. It has the original rear tires on it with a 2012 date code, so those are getting changed out this spring. The coach batteries are bad and we just spent $1,000 on four 225ah AGM batteries to replace them. The coach suffers from the dreaded flaking furniture covering so we are getting everything recovered this winter. The queen sized bed (short queen) is very comfortable. The 300hp engine is a bit small for the motorhome, but the Allison 2500 MH can handle up to 340hp, so we are taking it in to get the computer reprogrammed before we take it through any mountains. Some people may be turned off by the fact that it has two black tanks (one for the back bathroom toilet and one for the half bath toilet) which will require more work when dumping. We have only dumped once so far so I can't comment on it yet.

Hope that helps,
Jeff & Jill Snodgrass
Martinsville, IN.
JMSnodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:12 PM   #5

I had a 2018 palazzo for 3.5 years. Loved it. However, the 2013 and earlier models, as nice as they are, had problems with the slide system on the main slide so do your homework. Many were retrofitted to the new reliable 3trax system which worked flawlessly for me for hundreds of uses. Otherwise, you will love the Palazzo. Best bang for your buck in the DP world.
iluvuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 02:52 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club

We have a 2013 33.2 and love it. I keep the slide well lubed and have not had a problem. lots of little issues that are common to all rv's. I shudder when I think that Thor is content with the quality of their output. Power is "ok" as we are never in a hurry and only tow a Jetta and keep the weight down.
Overall I would have another one.
Greasy Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #7

Three years ago we purchased a 2013 Palazzo 33.2 on consignment. It had 8996 miles on it. We do like it. We did have a big slide problem, and was taken care of with the extended warranty. Keep all slides clean, waxed, all rails dry silicone lubed, and the seals cleaned and lubed with seal cleaner/lube. You won't have a problem. I made upgrades to the suspension. 45mph side gusts made white knuckle driving. Large rear anti sway bar, Koni shocks, Safe-T-Steer, and isolated the air bags so that the left and right sides do not push air from one side to the other. Also a front end alignment with new Toyo tires. Don't let the tires go more than seven years know matter what they look like.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #8

We love are Palazzo. Every motor coach has problems. But for the price the Palazzo is the best deal. Its simple to operate and easy to repair. The Palazzos are like the energized bunnies they just keep going. Read all the forums everyone has problems with there coach some just cost more. Some things that are working for me. Always level your coach before using slides. Hold the extend button for 5 seconds before retracting slides. Hold the retract button for 5 seconds before extending the slides. Do not stop during the extend or retract during the slide operation. Before going down the road after storage operate the retract slide button they creep while sitting. Also operate the Auto retract on the jacks they creep also. Monitor your battery water levels and run your generator while driving under load and you will be fine. Plus look for yearly Freightliner service coupons . For about 1300 bucks complete check out plus all fluid changes.
G Champ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palazzo