RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

2015 35.1 Palazzo

What would be the first thing you would recommend to add to a factory 35.1 Palazzo? Mudguards, solar panels, etc...

Thanks,
Quiche105
Quiche105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiche105 View Post
What would be the first thing you would recommend to add to a factory 35.1 Palazzo? Mudguards, solar panels, etc...

Thanks,
Quiche105
Well, the first thing I did was replace all the stripped screws in the cabinets. Next I cleaned and lubed the slide outs and checked the racks for gear damage.

Here are the mods I have done so far:

(1) Moved the water pump to the left side in the water bay and added an accumulator.
(2) Moved the water filter (it had no filter in the housing) to the left side in the water bay and added a second housing for a carbon filter.
(3) Installed a 200 watt heater inside the water bay controlled by a thermostat.
(4) Installed a reverse osmosis water filter system and spigot to the kitchen sink.
(5) Installed storage boxes to both sides of the DEF tank to put all the sewage stuff in.
(6) Installed a Blue Ox TrueCenter steering control.
(7) Added a GPS system to the radio and mounted the antenna to the top of the front cap.
(8) Added a Sirius XM receiver to the radio and installed the XM antenna to the top of the front cap.
(9) Added a CB radio and installed a Firestick no ground plane side mount antenna to the top of the right windshield post. All of the antenna cables run down the right windshield post behind the interior trim and into the dash.
(10) Installed a 6 inch mattress to the drop down bed and redrilled holes for the stop pins.
(11) Installed a cord reel for the electrical cable in the right front storage bay.
(12) Installed exterior mounted Magnashades for the windshield and front windows.
(13) Installed a Progressive EMS-HW50C electrical management system under the king bed (where the transfer switch is located).
(14) Installed a tire pressure monitoring system for the coach and Toad.
(15) Rigged a tire pressure gage setup to maintain tire pressures using the coach air compressor.
(16) Added a ubnt Nanostation to receive campground wifi. Installed a wireless router for secure communication between my devices and the router.

Thats all I can think of right now. I would like to replace the couch with something more comfortable and that has drink holders.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Every modification (not repair) is dictated by your use...

New mudguards? Will you flat tow?
Rooftop solar? Will you camp away from shore ties?
SAT TV? Do you watch a lot of TV on the road?
Windshield cover? Do you camp in hot climates?

Our first serious mod was a big screen TV and fireplace
'Cuz we like 'em.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1439603

It is all in what you want.
Best luck and safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

A must have is a surge suppressor... like mentioned I installed the Progressive EMS-HW50C in the xfer switch location. The rest of mods is listed here, Im sure youve seen this before.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/pala...es-152159.html
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #5

Thanks!

Thank you all for your suggestions! Gives me some things to think about!
Quiche105 is offline   Reply With Quote