Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #1

2016 Palazzo 36.1 Electrical Issue

I have an intermittent 12 volt electrical issue. Should have 4 battery lights on control panel above Magnum RC. Many times only one battery light, which indicates weak house batteries. Many times no power to coach, 110VAC or 12VDC. I have replaced house batteries twice, even though battery supplier tested and showed discarded batteries were good under load. I have replaced the isolation relay twice, the house disconnect relay, the house disconnect switch, the BIRD, and the chassis batteries, and the Furrion F50-ATS automatic transfer switch. I sent the Magnum ME2012 inverter/charger in to service center twice. Each time no issue found, so I had them replace the ME2012 circuit boards "just in case". They also tested the
ME-RC standard remote control. No issues.

Suggestions?
Thorbus16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #2

Wow, I wish I could help but I am new to the Palazzo dp. I hope you get it straightened out soon.
ky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #3

I would check every major electrical wire connection under hood, in electrical bay and at main 12v breakers in battery bay. This includes the big red positive wires that carry 12v power and all grounds to chassis. Under hood there is a large bus with multiple 12v positive connections. They all need to be tight and unmoving. Some may need to be cleaned. I had a loose positive wire under hood on drivers side and it caused all kinds of electrical gremlins. So sorry. Electrical problems are mysterious. Finally, I have seen screws in walls and floors that accidentally pierced a wire leading to episodic ground faults when bouncing around. You might have to check wires that go through walls. Good luck.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical