Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuk View Post
My charge controller is in the electrical bay by the inverter in the passenger side rear compartment. The charge controller in mine is not linked to my Vegatouch touchscreen system inside so the only way to get data is via an app for the charge controller that you can download to your phone, or go back into the bay and push the buttons on the charge controller to see current volts, current amps coming in from the solar panel, and Ah so far for the day. Mine works great. It appears to be connected to the coach batteries in mine. See my other posts elsewhere on this site for my upgrade where I installed 2 other 100w solar panels for a total of 300w. I am very pleased so far. Message me if you have more specific questions.

What is that app??
heidorn39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpgt View Post
Using the app I am Status Normal Voltage 13.40 does this mean my 2018 is wired correctly?

What app us that?
Old 08-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidorn39 View Post
What is that app??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	216105

This is the controller in my Palazzo, is this the one that people are saying has an app?
Old 08-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidorn39 View Post
Attachment 216105

This is the controller in my Palazzo, is this the one that people are saying has an app?
My 2018 36.3 has a Grape Solar GS-PWM-40BT controller. It ha an App that connects to the controller via Bluetooth.
lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #19

Solar Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuk View Post
The 13.4v is not coming from your solar panel at the moment you took this pic. It is the voltage measured at your fully charged battery.
Thanks everyone. I switched the wires as recommended and now showing voltage from the solar panel to the batteries. Hard to believe Thor didn’t notify all of the dealers to fix this prior to delivery.
Sharpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #20

Well sorry to be a pain but I no longer am able to find the app n iOs. It was working fine is there an official name or new version of the app?
Sharpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #21

App for the solar panel controller

The app for the solar panel is not on the app store. You have to contact the company and tell them what controller you have and what OS your phone uses. Our 2018 Palazzo 33.2 has the GS-PWM-40BT. Their website is Home.
ManOnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #22

solar panel wiring

Like other people have posted, the positive and negative wires were reversed at the solar panels on our coach. Our solar panels were still not charging. They eventually ordered a new controller. Even after that, they wouldn't charge. A Thor tech re-wired the output of the solar panel controller directly to the coach batteries. I was wondering if anyone else had to have the controller rewired.
All responses (re-wired or not re-wired) would be appreciated since no replies could just mean that no one read this post.

Thanks,
coach: 2018 Palazzo 33.2
toad: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
ManOnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheRun View Post
Like other people have posted, the positive and negative wires were reversed at the solar panels on our coach. Our solar panels were still not charging. They eventually ordered a new controller. Even after that, they wouldn't charge. A Thor tech re-wired the output of the solar panel controller directly to the coach batteries. I was wondering if anyone else had to have the controller rewired.
All responses (re-wired or not re-wired) would be appreciated since no replies could just mean that no one read this post.

Thanks,
coach: 2018 Palazzo 33.2
toad: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Not rewired. Mine worked great from factory.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, charging, solar