Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #1

Anderson Valve Parks0412 simplified method

Sorry to post this as a new thread but the old thread expired. With the Parks0412 setup to remove the anderson kant leak and move the filter and water pump to the driver side are there low point drains? How do you bleed out the water system? I see the tank drain but I don't see low point drains. I'm tired of dealing with the white sheet metal and the constant leaks behind and am ready to simplify to the Parks0412 design.

Thanks,

mgw44
mgw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2021, 10:31 AM   #2

If you look at the “check wet bay flooring” thread I completely remodeled mine very similar to the parks one. I did not add the low point drains as I blow mine out with air. But if I wanted to it would be very easy to cut them in later.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:03 AM   #3

So you blow out to the sink drains shower drain toilet and out the water heater drain?
Old 04-19-2021, 09:28 AM   #4

After each trip I drain the main tank and the hot water tank, I don't worry about any water in the lines. I always sanitize my tanks and lines in the beginning of each season with bleach. Before the winter is when I blow all the lines out with air. I do blow everything to the drains and through the hot water tank. I have a ball valve on my hot water tank and I installed a manifold to zone everything off so I can blow out individual runs or the whole thing. I also added a hot/cold spigot to the passenger side that I can blow out to as well. Even before I did all this work I would drain everything with the low point drains but still have a decent amount of water trapped that need to get blown out. I also like to leave my main tank open and do a short trip before winter to get all the water out.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:34 PM   #5

thanks for the details. I always use a compressor attached to the city fill and blow out the lines, too. I feel better getting the water out before filling with antifreeze.

I gutted the plumbing today and will start figuring out how to get it all operational again tonight researching the posts and figuring out what parts to purchase. I had plumbing parts all over the lawn. It was exhilarating to dismantle all the stuff that has caused so much heartache over the last few years.

mgw44
Old 04-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #6

That is a great feeling ripping out all of those 3' supply lines, couple of mine were kinked. I boxed everything up and put it on a shelf. I bought a roll of that white braded flex line and reused/bought some new connectors to make up new lines that were the correct length. I used stainless pex crimp clamps instead of the standard hose clamps. I also used pex on all of the hot supplies as that white hose is rated up to 75 degrees, I don't think its a big deal but figured I'd do it. Just double check all connections before pressurizing so you don't get a blast of cold water to the face, ask me how I know....
Old 05-28-2021, 05:59 PM   #7

Well I got it all replumbed and my pump started leaking on the first trip out. It tested fine in the driveway. Now I need recommendations for a new pump.

Ughhhh

Mgw44
Old 05-31-2021, 07:13 PM   #8

Congrats of finishing the remodel! Sorry to hear about the pump. Mine is still the original but I did buy the same one off amazon, tested it, put the proper electrical connectors on it for quick change out, then put it back in the box as a spare.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead777 View Post
Congrats of finishing the remodel! Sorry to hear about the pump. Mine is still the original but I did buy the same one off amazon, tested it, put the proper electrical connectors on it for quick change out, then put it back in the box as a spare.

Reference to the pump. It was recommended to me to buy a marine pump. Supposedly they are basically the same brand and close to the same model but have heavier duty parts. Went through two orher pumps before getting this one. Also never drive with the pump on. If you turn the pump on for toilet or sink water, turn the pump off when your done and then flush to relieve the Preasure on the pump and pipes and then go down the road. Has worked for us.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valve