Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

Brrrr!!!!!!!!!!

First night out in our 2016 33.2 Palazzo. HUGE amounts of cold air coming in from the big slide along the floor. Anyone else?
Donica is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #2

A) is the slide all the way out?
B) did you add any foam or insulation under the slide at the open 'pockets' ?

enjoy!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slides are cold in cooler climates. That is one of the reasons we don't have one with slides.
Our downfall is everything manufactured today has slides and we may never be able to up grade. But we are on the road from April to October and are very cozy. More room would be nice though.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

the slides are sealed against air, wind, and temperature when they are either all the way IN, or all the way OUT... should be no difference versus NOT having slides.

it's true, though, that slides sometimes have pockets or areas underneath to provide cable, water lines, electrical lines runs... these need to be insulated during cold weather...
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ditto on what Mister T said. Also check the seals for proper placement; around the slide rollers; or any obstruction that would allow air in. It is not uncommon for construction debris to be found in and around the slides.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like some further inspection is called for on the coach. We have had coaches without slides and the last two with multiple slides. There have been no real difference in interior temperature comfort.
Rwstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #7

2016 33.3, when the big slide is out I can see daylight through the bottom corner of the slide up behind the drivers seat. I get a pretty good draft when it's windy. It appears that the rubber seal was cut a little short or it's not seated correctly. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, so I'm living with it.
parks0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I took foam pipe wrap and inserted around the exterior of the coach where the rubber seals are, seems to lessen the drafts. In the summer I put magnets on cardboard and cover the rail( term?) slots, under the large slide to keep the mosquitoes out.

Sounds crazy I know, buts that's what we do to stay warm and sane
t.thoro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by parks0412 View Post
2016 33.3, when the big slide is out I can see daylight through the bottom corner of the slide up behind the drivers seat. I get a pretty good draft when it's windy. It appears that the rubber seal was cut a little short or it's not seated correctly. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, so I'm living with it.
That has been the second biggest complaint (1st is the big slide) I have had with my Pallazzo. First trip out was to campground in March. Campsite next to us had a nice campfire going with lots of smoke. I turned on the roof vent in the kitchen to vent while cooking and the whole RV filled with smoke, all being sucked in under/through the slide. On first trip to repair center in IN, they added some rubber with adhesive to the bottom front of slide, but I can still see light when the slide is extended.

I really wish I had purchased the unit MisterT got so I would never have any problems with the slides.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks0412 View Post
Ditto...on our 2016 33.3 the only time I really noticed it was when we had the large slide toward the beach in Galveston and we had a major wind for a few days, other than that not really a big deal.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #11

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSkeen View Post
...I really wish I had purchased the unit MisterT got so I would never have any problems with the slides.
true, after a bedroom slide motor replacement by CW, later another replacement by myself on the same slide, and more recently a rear motor Column and Gear replacement by the factory service center, I've had no issues!