Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
These lights ARE as bright as a 1141 and in fact slightly brighter. A 1141 typically puts out 259 lumens and these are putting out close to 300. Read the reviews on Amazon and I think you will find with 86 - 4 and 5 star reviews and only 2 reviews that are less stars these things are really great. I think you should try one before the doubting but I would be willing to put my money where my mouth is so if you send me a PM I will order one and have it sent to you for an honest review and if I am right you can send me the money back and if not just send me the bulb.
I'm off topic sorry focker ; your signature broke me up. I said that once at a four way stop and got t-boned by a cuban woman learning to drive. My wife has never forgotten this!!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post

These lights ARE as bright as a 1141 and in fact slightly brighter. A 1141 typically puts out 259 lumens and these are putting out close to 300. Read the reviews on Amazon and I think you will find with 86 - 4 and 5 star reviews and only 2 reviews that are less stars these things are really great. I think you should try one before the doubting but I would be willing to put my money where my mouth is so if you send me a PM I will order one and have it sent to you for an honest review and if I am right you can send me the money back and if not just send me the bulb.
If everything goes right with interior lighting next week.... We will be looking at HID lighting for headlights and if you can do it to the existing tail lights (them as well)..... I could use some advise on this as well! (Thinking about this forum.... All these comments and recommendations.... Well this forum has cost me thousands).
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Doxie's are the BEST !! We love 'em
Thanks. I agree. They're especially good at letting you know there is a squirrel outside or a leaf just moved outside the camper. They make good bed warmers too.
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisK View Post
Thanks. I agree. They're especially good at letting you know there is a squirrel outside or a leaf just moved outside the camper. They make good bed warmers too.
So right !
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
I'm off topic sorry focker ; your signature broke me up. I said that once at a four way stop and got t-boned by a cuban woman learning to drive. My wife has never forgotten this!!!!!!!
Heh heh, I know I was sure guilty of it in my youth and have a few scars to show for it. I bet there are hundreds of thousands videos on YouTube of things happening just after saying that but this is my favorite:
Ford Raptor jumps 90 feet! - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
If everything goes right with interior lighting next week.... We will be looking at HID lighting for headlights and if you can do it to the existing tail lights (them as well)..... I could use some advise on this as well! (Thinking about this forum.... All these comments and recommendations.... Well this forum has cost me thousands).
You aren't kidding about how much forum this has cost me
Old 02-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #34

RE: HID headlights. I don't think that is a good choice for MH's. Had them in a couple of p/u's at one time and ended taking them out after about 6 months. The light itself is great, the hi beam flashing from other cars was not. I adjusted them pointing down to help out other drivers but defeated the purpose of the lights. I think in the MH you will have many rigs "flashing" you. Pull up behind a car at a stop light at night and he may come to your window and talk about your landing lights! For what its worth they also make LED replacement headlights, check it out. They also make replacement bulbs that are better than stock bulbs, check out the Sylvania website. Good luck.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49er View Post
RE: HID headlights. I don't think that is a good choice for MH's. Had them in a couple of p/u's at one time and ended taking them out after about 6 months. The light itself is great, the hi beam flashing from other cars was not. I adjusted them pointing down to help out other drivers but defeated the purpose of the lights. I think in the MH you will have many rigs "flashing" you. Pull up behind a car at a stop light at night and he may come to your window and talk about your landing lights! For what its worth they also make LED replacement headlights, check it out. They also make replacement bulbs that are better than stock bulbs, check out the Sylvania website. Good luck.
Thank you for taking out the HID lights. They actually hurt my eyes, especially from oncoming big pickups. I think it may be the color as well as the intensity. At times I wish I had a big spotlight to return the favor, but of course that would not be safe.

I have been satisfied with the standard lights on the Palazzo and even impressed with the high beams. I don't know if they are any more lumens than in my pickup and cars but maybe the higher mounting helps. The fog lights are useful for lighting the on a wider arc even when it is not foggy. On my Lexus the lights have the ability to swivel in the direction of a low speed turn and I thought this was a really great feature but it really has not made a difference especially with the fog lights. So if maneuvering in a dark area where turning is needed, fog lights help.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool Nice product

Quote:
They also make replacement bulbs that are better than stock bulbs, check out the Sylvania website. Good luck.
We run the Sylvania upgraded bulbs in all of our vehicles. They rock. Also replace them about every 3 years as they do degrade with time just like most head light bulbs. They are well worth the extra cost.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Thank you for taking out the HID lights. They actually hurt my eyes, especially from oncoming big pickups. I think it may be the color as well as the intensity. At times I wish I had a big spotlight to return the favor, but of course that would not be safe.

I have been satisfied with the standard lights on the Palazzo and even impressed with the high beams. I don't know if they are any more lumens than in my pickup and cars but maybe the higher mounting helps. The fog lights are useful for lighting the on a wider arc even when it is not foggy. On my Lexus the lights have the ability to swivel in the direction of a low speed turn and I thought this was a really great feature but it really has not made a difference especially with the fog lights. So if maneuvering in a dark area where turning is needed, fog lights help.
You're right.... Didn't think about that before posting.... I like the look of the tail lights in the more expensive coaches. And thought while I work on that so to the front!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #38

Received my lights as promised... I have never met or ordered from this company before (but took the advice from you guys on this forum)...... They even sent me a shirt and koosie! Very, Very impressed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140218_143405.png
Views:	182
Size:	613.6 KB
ID:	56388
Old 02-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #39

cool, keep us posted.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #40

Name:	ForumRunner_20140223_193851.png
Views:	160
Size:	519.4 KB
ID:	56807

Name:	ForumRunner_20140223_193906.png
Views:	147
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	56808

Spent the day installing new LED's and promised you I'd update... Here it is! Pluses: much brighter (got the softest color ones... but yet the brightest). The problem we have here in AZ is the heat... These new bulbs make a huge difference... Couldn't touch the light after being on for 60 second with old (original)bulbs....but these led put out almost no heat!
My only disappointment is the way the new lights shine on the wood ( notice the color difference on the woodwork in the bedroom cabinets). I like the softer darker ( richer) look...... That is why I left the right side of the bedroom bulbs original(left side is new LED's).. so YOU can see that difference! I also left the center bulb above the TV original.... Trying to give you a distinctive difference.
Ill take the less heat and very little power consumption over a bit cooler color difference!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Ill take the less heat and very little power consumption over a bit cooler color difference!
Hopefully in the near future more options will be available for a bulbs in the 2700-3000K range. The warmer color temperature really makes a more inviting appearance but current choices are still limited.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #42

iRV2 No Limits Club
I supplied the marine lighting fixtures for our trailer when it was being built, these take a standard G4 LED. We have not had any problems but I wanted to have a couple of backups just in case. So I picked up ten G4 arrays from China for $10 including shipping and since I had a bunch of them decided to see if I could destroy one by over powering it. I rigged up a PWM DC to DC voltage regulator and hooked up a couple of lawn tractor batteries in series and started out at 13.5V and took it up in voltage over a couple of days to see if they would fail. Finally made it to 23.5V at which two of the SMD's fell off when the solder melted and yes it was HOT. It still works and it is an unregulated LED array. My personal conclusion, buying expensive does not buy you better and the unregulated LED's are less likely to produce RF problems.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement