Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #127

Are the roads to Elkhart that bad? I hope it is somewhat clear by the 15th of March...

I have been under our MH running wires and such and have seen the quality of our trucks.... I wouldnt let bad weather deter you from driving it... Its not going to melt. Yes salt is bad for any vehicle, but this is a modern MH with powder coated frames, non corrisive panels, galvanized nuts/bolts etc... Termination of electrical are within an enclosed compartment and its insulation are more than enough to withstand harsh environments.... Thor also use sleeves as added protection to the wires. Moisture to the electronics is bad... but this can happening at anytime, not just driving.... Like any vehicle, it is a good idea to wash underneath the MH... Freightliner trucks drive in all types of weather, we should not be an exception.... I am not saying that nothing is going to happen, but when something does happen, fix it and prevent it from happening again... its the only way you will have a solid MH.... yes, its never gonna end.... its a house on wheels, what did you expect?

However, if you dont like driving in bad weather... that is another topic.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #128

X 2. I sure wouldnt look for a snow storm to drive into but wouldn't worry about one either. Just look for some rain to drive thru and run it thru Blue Beacon truck wash. All be good. Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Looks like our trip to Elkhart next week is going to be a bust. We are going to have to postpone it until May which is the next available. They have end of March openings, but I am not able to go then and I'm not even sure the weather would be much different. April is all booked up.

I spoke to Steve Reed this morning to discuss the appointment date and mentioned the salt issue we've been talking about here. He said someone had once shared how they cleaned off the salt from the undercarriage and it seemed to work well:

Take an oscillating lawn watering sprinkler and attach it to your garden hose. Run this under the coach (starting from the rear) until you reach the front end. Turn it on and let the water run for 20 minutes. Pull the hose back towards the rear a bit and let it run another 20 minutes. Repeat until you've reached the very back of the coach.

I have also been to a trusk wash and they will wash the undercarriage for you. I just wasn't sure if there was a way to treat it permanently so I wouldn't have to worry about it going forward, in the same way I don't have to worry about my car.

I was really looking forward to the Elkhart trip, but I guess Mother Nature is in control of that. She seems to be really pissed off this year!
Did Thor cancel on you or did you have to cancel the trip?
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #130

I've been looking at the IN DOT web cams and even after yesterday's bad weather, those interstates look pretty darn good. The only US Highway I plan on traveling is US 20 out of Elkhart. However, I think most of that bad weather was in southern IN and KY. If another polar vortex doesn't come through between now and next week, I think we going to be okay
Old 03-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
I've been looking at the IN DOT web cams and even after yesterday's bad weather, those interstates look pretty darn good. The only US Highway I plan on traveling is US 20 out of Elkhart. However, I think most of that bad weather was in southern IN and KY. If another polar vortex doesn't come through between now and next week, I think we going to be okay
Safe travels!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Safe travels!
Thanks for the comment! However, knowing my luck with Palazzos, the weather will be the least of my concerns!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #133

Quote:
Thanks for the comment! However, knowing my luck with Palazzos, the weather will be the least of my concerns!
stay positive, we have to break that circle and put you in the correct path... I will be there a week after you so clear a good path for me.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #134

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the information, Jerry. I will check those places out!
Mauro
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #135

Thor Owners Club
Palazzoblues, I am going to cancel the warranty service appointment tomorrow. Steve Reed warned me last week and he was right. I just checked the forecast tonight and Elkhart will be getting snow this weekend and again mid next week. I don't want to have to deal with all that, including the winterizing issue. To drive that far without being able to use the facilities won't be very comfortable, especially since we're traveling with our young son. I really wanted to stay in the motorhome overnight so I can speak with the service guys before and after service each day. I really don't want to have to stay in a hotel for a week.

I guess I'll have to wait until May after all. I'm so bummed!
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Palazzoblues, I am going to cancel the warranty service appointment tomorrow. Steve Reed warned me last week and he was right. I just checked the forecast tonight and Elkhart will be getting snow this weekend and again mid next week. I don't want to have to deal with all that, including the winterizing issue. To drive that far without being able to use the facilities won't be very comfortable, especially since we're traveling with our young son. I really wanted to stay in the motorhome overnight so I can speak with the service guys before and after service each day. I really don't want to have to stay in a hotel for a week.

I guess I'll have to wait until May after all. I'm so bummed!
Yeah, That pretty much sucks and too you have to drive there and drive home. Me, all I have to do is fly there and drive away. Looks like Friday will be the day I get out of Dodge. (Elkhart).

Saturday
Freezing drizzle and fog in the morning...then cloudy late. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 30%.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy after midnight. Low 13F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday
Partly cloudy. High 38F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday Night
A few clouds. Low 32F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 46F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Monday Night
Cloudy. Low 31F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday
Foggy with a few showers later in the day. High 42F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tuesday Night
Cloudy with rain and snow showers in the evening tapering to flurries late. Low 26F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 30%.
Wednesday
Considerable cloudiness. High 32F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Night
A few clouds. Low 16F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 27F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Low near 15F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday
Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. High 33F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Cloudy early with partial clearing expected late. Low 23F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #137

Interestingly enough just a little further south in Indianapolis, the weather will be much warmer. I will be heading due south, so better weather is only about 2.5 hours away. Lake effect snow and cold is probably a way of life for Elkhart in the winter.

Thursday
Partly cloudy skies. High around 35F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday Night
Some clouds early will give way to generally clear conditions overnight. Low 21F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny skies. High near 40F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #138

Quote:
Interestingly enough just a little further south in Indianapolis, the weather will be much warmer. I will be heading due south, so better weather is only about 2.5 hours away. Lake effect snow and cold is probably a way of life for Elkhart in the winter.

Thursday
Partly cloudy skies. High around 35F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday Night
Some clouds early will give way to generally clear conditions overnight. Low 21F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny skies. High near 40F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #139

Be careful Blues.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #140

Be careful Blues! Oops in went twice.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote