Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Be careful Blues.
Hahahaha! I am not too worried. The main thing I am concerned about is how much washing and cleaning on the underside I will need to do when I get home! If I time this just right, I might have dry roads all the way home.

I grew up in a family of truck drivers. I have even drove in some pretty bad conditions. Been across the country pulling a 40ft Fifth Wheel. I have a huge support group. I think I'm going to be okay!
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Safe travels!
We leave tomorrow morning from Phoenix for the 28 hour drive to Elkhart... Stay the week then leave Friday night back home for the same Darn 28 hour drive! Leaving 80 degree weather for teens... I asked Steve if we were crazy.... He said absolutely! But we want our palazzo to be perfect for summer travel.... I will also be going over everything with Thor crew! Any advice for the west coast crew???
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #143

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
We leave tomorrow morning from Phoenix for the 28 hour drive to Elkhart... Stay the week then leave Friday night back home for the same Darn 28 hour drive! Leaving 80 degree weather for teens... I asked Steve if we were crazy.... He said absolutely! But we want our palazzo to be perfect for summer travel.... I will also be going over everything with Thor crew! Any advice for the west coast crew???
Best wishes for a safe journey.
Let us know what "hidden gems" you find so we know what to look for.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #144

Quote:
Palazzoteam, hopefully we can meet. I am like you. I've been making payments on "air" for 4 months. Come he!!, high water, snow, blizzard, sleet, cold or rain I will be there to pick up our new Palazzo. Again, I have been told by everyone, "I must go to Elkhart to meet the folks who built and can fix these things". By god I will be there next week.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #145

Thor Owners Club
I wish I could do the same :(
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Palazzoteam, hopefully we can meet. I am like you. I've been making payments on "air" for 4 months. Come he!!, high water, snow, blizzard, sleet, cold or rain I will be there to pick up our new Palazzo. Again, I have been told by everyone, "I must go to Elkhart to meet the folks who built and can fix these things". By god I will be there next week.
See that big blue storm system over the top of NW Texas? Well that's us in there tonight! Very windy....and ice/snow for all day tomorrow....we tried to beat this mess....but lost! Wish us luck tomorrow........:cross fingers:
Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 AM   #147

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
See that big blue storm system over the top of NW Texas? Well that's us in there tonight! Very windy....and ice/snow for all day tomorrow....we tried to beat this mess....but lost! Wish us luck tomorrow........:cross fingers:
Looks like it is above freezing on your route and the storm system is moving ahead of you. The system around Chicago should be long gone by the time you get close to Elkhart but it will be cold.

If your propane is getting low might want to get a fillup before it gets really cold. Those little electric Box heaters are handy when you are hooked up or running generator.

Best Wishes.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Looks like it is above freezing on your route and the storm system is moving ahead of you. The system around Chicago should be long gone by the time you get close to Elkhart but it will be cold.

If your propane is getting low might want to get a fillup before it gets really cold. Those little electric Box heaters are handy when you are hooked up or running generator.

Best Wishes.
Elkhart Indiana Forecast tail end of next week...

Wed

37°
18°

Thu

45°
23°

Fri

54°
30°

Sat

45°
27°

I hope this doesn't change.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:21 AM   #149

Most likely now any bad weather here in Indiana gets away quick.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #150

I have been following this thread and I hope all who travelled to Elkhart this past weekend arrived safely. I have a forest river and will be leaving this weekend to travel to their factory in Elkhart. If you get a chance can you report on the weather and if you found some interesting places to visit. Thanks
Debbie
dbt803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbt803 View Post
I have been following this thread and I hope all who travelled to Elkhart this past weekend arrived safely. I have a forest river and will be leaving this weekend to travel to their factory in Elkhart. If you get a chance can you report on the weather and if you found some interesting places to visit. Thanks Debbie
Well we arrived in Elkhart Monday morning as scheduled! Another Palazzo(folks not familiar with IRV2)was in the waiting area already before us(Steve Reed) ended up helping them and we had a technician named Jim Hager go over our check list with us! Here are some of the bigger issues we drove the 1700 miles for:
1)coach leaves black residue after driving for a bit, kids socks get black when walking in coach.
2)the water line to the ice maker fell off and when the ice maker kicks on it leaks behind the refer.
3)warped bunk bed folding doors, won't keep shut.
4)knocking noise above head when driving and slide outs are in(had a Thor rep of the tour with us and several other insurance people) more about this later!
5)AGS not working properly(and have done all the items listed in many post)
6)touch anything metal around coach and get a continues shock....not grounded correctly
7)floor pops in several places on front of coach.
8)all 4 fenders around wheel wells pop out
9)several cosmetic repairs

We understand we did not buy a "double the price" coach....and like most things this complicated new have some issues! We did not trust having several of the major things(after reading several threads)fixed with other shops...We wanted Thor folks and willing to make the long drive!

We took the palazzo tour( over an hour long...and VERY well worth it) plus the boys called it "how it's made" tour/like the tv show! We did NOT realize it wasn't close to the service center...it's over 25 minutes away! DO THIS TOUR...IT OPENS YOUR EYES! Tried to take photos of items I could not see behind on coach....for further personal service/upgrades at a later date. (You can walk, talk and touch anything and everything on this tour). We had a tour of about 25( however that's not normal)...sometimes it's only you and your crew going through the tour. We got the benefit on going with a couple upper management service people with Thor and a insurance group! Learned lots from these guys and asked many questions! Learned the
Knocking behind the drives head is a known and fixable problem they've had(and said that a sleeve needs to be added to the motor for slide out in that area...which deadens that noise).
By the way...the line finishes 5 coaches a day(25 a week)

I learned on this tread that going to the RV museum is something to do while there in Elkhart....And my family loved it(spent 4 hours there) and it only cost a family total of $25 dollars...well, well worth it.

If you have any questions about Elkhart or tour....let me know!
Ps: I wrote all this and thought it would be good on one other thread...so I will copy and paste to "Palazzo" tread as well.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #152

I think we are all finding out if we want our rv fixed properly take it back to the factory, that is why we are going to Elkhart. I will tour the rv museum it sounds fun. Best of luck with your rv and safe travel.
Debbie
dbt803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #153

I am in Elkhart tonight. Tomorrow I get to see our long awaited 35.1 for the first time. I hope I can do a plant tour down in wakarusa!
Road Master base plates
Old 03-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #154

Palazzoblues.
Good luck to you and hope everything goes smooth and you finally get to start to enjoy your rig. I have had the slide problem on our new 2014 36.1 and have had it fixed and hope for the last time. Enjoy your trip home this weekend, you should find it a nice ride.

Gary & Marcie
2014 Palazzo 36.1
2013 Jeep
Garyj is offline   Reply With Quote