RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #197
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
We're scheduled for the week of April 28th. Looks like we'll be passing you on the turnpike!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Anyone traveling to Elkhart the week of May 5th?
I may be there then, not at Thor but at TotalValue RV. Would be happy to meet up, maybe have lunch or dinner.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #199

Thor Owners Club
I'll be at Total Value RV all day on Friday, May 2nd, then headed to Thor on Monday, May 5th for the whole week. Let me know. Would love to meet up if possible.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #200

Quote:
I'll be at Total Value RV all day on Friday, May 2nd, then headed to Thor on Monday, May 5th for the whole week. Let me know. Would love to meet up if possible.
I assume that you purchased your coach from Total Value RV? If so, what is you opinion of this dealership and after sales service?

Thanks!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #201

Jack I sent you a PM.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #202

Thor Owners Club
I didn't buy my Palazzo from Total Value RV. I am going there to get some internal wiring done for my portable satellite. They are also going to install some LED light strips on my awning.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #203

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Would love to see pics of the awning light strips. Been looking at the same thing.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #204

Thor Owners Club
I decided to buy the LED parts myself and bring them with me. I wasn't too keen on the cheap stuff that ebay and Amazon has to offer. I chose a company that sells a higher end product, especially the waterproof LED light strips that come with a 3 year warranty. They are going to solder the connections for me and also cap the end of the strip to ensure it will remain waterproof. Additionally, they are going to bolster the connection at the other end where it connects to the wire, to make it even sturdier, knowing it will be going through the wall of the unit. Great customer service with knowledgable staff.

The price for 18' of LEDs (color changing 30 LEDs/12V) is $131. The RGB controller is $43. They sell the power supply cord if you want to plug it in instead of hardwiring it. They don't have the waterproof LED strip lights on their website, but here is the link if you are interested:

Armacost Lighting
Old 04-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #205

very cool Gingerela.... post up some pics when done.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I assume that you purchased your coach from Total Value RV? If so, what is you opinion of this dealership and after sales service?

Thanks!

Jack,

I did buy mine from a Total Value. I found them to be very professional and I believe they did a thorough job on the PDI. I have not had any major problems, the delivery process was informative. They immediately fixed a couple of items that we noticed. We spent two days and three nights there and they had hook ups for us.

We purchased from them because they made us a much better deal than we could get in Florida and we took delivery with 18 miles on the coach.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:51 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Jack,

I did buy mine from a Total Value. I found them to be very professional and I believe they did a thorough job on the PDI. I have not had any major problems, the delivery process was informative. They immediately fixed a couple of items that we noticed. We spent two days and three nights there and they had hook ups for us.

We purchased from them because they made us a much better deal than we could get in Florida and we took delivery with 18 miles on the coach.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
We bought ours from TotalValue RV too. Completely happy, both with price and their creative and flexible customizations and service. My wife believes the creative service is because they have a woman running the service department. She may be right.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #208

Quote:
Thor and TotalValue are only a few miles apart. We will get in Sunday night and camp at TotalValue. Will you still be there Sunday night or are you moving to Thor on Sunday? Either way we can certainly meet up. I will be renting a car starting Monday. Don't know if you have ever been to Elkhart before, but if not I can show you around to some extent. Why don't we continue the discussion off-forum. Email me (sbleiweiss@shell-bleiweiss.com) and we can exchange cell phones, make plans, etc. Not sure if it will be just me or wife too. What about you?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #209

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
We bought ours from TotalValue RV too. Completely happy, both with price and their creative and flexible customizations and service. My wife believes the creative service is because they have a woman running the service department. She may be right.
Your wife is right. Jennifer rocks!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #210

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just wondering, has anyone been reimbursed by Thor for fuel and other expenses to get the coach to Elkhart for warranty repairs? I'm thinking for specific issues, like the popping windshield on 2013 Challengers or full wall slide problems on Palazzos.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote