RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSkeen View Post
Made it to Elkhart and dropped my Palazzo off at Total Value RV on Monday. Bill indicated it may only take a couple of days to get through my list. He said there did not appear to be any major issues. (FYI, after having my unit for 14 weeks and blaming Thor for not providing authorizations, Camping World told me the whole slide had to be removed to replace a missing gasket.)

Took the tour of the Palazzo plant in Wakarusa. One word - "Awesome". It really helps to give you an appreciation of the amount of work that goes into building our motorhomes. All of the engineering and attention to details that are not visible but really make the Palazzo a Great RV to own. I was almost a little embarrassed about my list of issues after the tour. Knowing what I know now, I would put most of the blame for the mess with my coach on Camping World.

If you are ever in Elkhart, take the factory tour. Our tour guide was Collin, a diesel expert, a very knowledgeable and caring Thor employee.

why at total rv and not Thor service, Is it a timing issue... I know Total RV works closely with Thor?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #268

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSkeen View Post
Made it to Elkhart and dropped my Palazzo off at Total Value RV on Monday. Bill indicated it may only take a couple of days to get through my list. He said there did not appear to be any major issues. (FYI, after having my unit for 14 weeks and blaming Thor for not providing authorizations, Camping World told me the whole slide had to be removed to replace a missing gasket.)

Took the tour of the Palazzo plant in Wakarusa. One word - "Awesome". It really helps to give you an appreciation of the amount of work that goes into building our motorhomes. All of the engineering and attention to details that are not visible but really make the Palazzo a Great RV to own. I was almost a little embarrassed about my list of issues after the tour. Knowing what I know now, I would put most of the blame for the mess with my coach on Camping World.

If you are ever in Elkhart, take the factory tour. Our tour guide was Collin, a diesel expert, a very knowledgeable and caring Thor employee.

Bill,

Did total value get you out in the two days ?? We ended up cancelling our Elkhart appointment and wish they would have let you take it. We ended up bringing ours back to the dealer two hours away (not a camping world) on July 25th and they just took it back today to start repairs.
RKNOLA knows which one i'm talking about and will insert the " I told you so" soon.. ha ha.. but we just didn't have a choice. My repair list was pretty short:
1 tighten or replace large slide topper
2 trim rubber slide gaskets since some are getting chewed up a bit on track
3 wood trim molding on large slide is separating on one corner
4 drivers chair does not lock into place without reaching under and moving locking mechanism by hand
5 replace screws on back ladder since most heads are sheared off
6 replace canvas bag under large slide
7 gasket on front windshield keeps coming up and slapping the windshield and scaring the crap out of me while driving. I have re glued and had a glass shop do the same and it hasn't worked.
8 replace my door lock
9 replace tv in hallway because of an ill designed mounting bracket and my tv is in many pieces. I usually take it off the mount and forgot one trip and it pulled the wires out of the wall and smashed the tv.

Really minor stuff after 12 months using it 3 weekends per month / 8,000 miles and 350 hours on
genny (football season racks up hours).

When I get it back it's going to my local mod shop to look at getting the A/C's to an acceptable noise level.. other than that she's been a great coach.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #269

Not a bad list! If you find something out about lowering the decibels of AC's let us know! We live in AZ and have wondered this ourselves!
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtgam View Post
When you call Thor, and schedule service, do they tell you the estimated time for repairs?
You can ask and they may give an estimate but under normal circumstances most repairs are done in a few days. Most appointments are on Mondays and both times I was there I was done in 3 and 4 days. The 4 day stay was because they had to order a part and they has it over nighted.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #271

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
You can ask and they may give an estimate but under normal circumstances most repairs are done in a few days. Most appointments are on Mondays and both times I was there I was done in 3 and 4 days. The 4 day stay was because they had to order a part and they has it over nighted.

Jack,

How is the body work going on yours ??
Old 08-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Not a bad list! If you find something out about lowering the decibels of AC's let us know! We live in AZ and have wondered this ourselves!
Ditto on the AC noise. They are unbelievably loud.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #273

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Just curious, what brand of AC units are in the Palazzo? I have Coleman Mach 15,000 btu units in my Challenger and the noise level is acceptable with the fan speed set to low which makes a difference to the noise level but does not affect the cooling. We can watch TV in the living area and actually sleep with the bedroom AC running. I know the Palazzo and the Challenger are built on the same assembly line, so just wondering if Thor uses the same AC units in both models.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #274

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
go back under palazzo threads and look under "A/C units" thread and there is a better explanation of what I'm going to have done. Was supposed to have it done two days ago on A/C's but it is still at dealer before the warranty goes out next week. Hopefully I can get it back soon.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Jack,

How is the body work going on yours ??
My appointment was for the 4th of August and I have not checked in with them but I plan on doing so next week. So I really do not know. Hopefully they will be done by the end of the month...
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #276
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Just curious, what brand of AC units are in the Palazzo? I have Coleman Mach 15,000 btu units in my Challenger and the noise level is acceptable with the fan speed set to low which makes a difference to the noise level but does not affect the cooling. We can watch TV in the living area and actually sleep with the bedroom AC running. I know the Palazzo and the Challenger are built on the same assembly line, so just wondering if Thor uses the same AC units in both models.
Our Palazzo has Dometic 13.5 BTU Penguin 2.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #277

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Our Palazzo has Dometic 13.5 BTU Penguin 2.
Come to think of it, my ACE had a 13,500 Dometic Penguin and it sounded like a jet engine. It appears that Dometic units are noisier than Coleman Mach.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #278

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
dometic 13,500
Old 08-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #279

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Just got back from Thor Tuesday night. Only took them 2 days for me! But my list was nothing major. Wow, what a team though, they were great!! Did everything I asked and then some.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Bill,

Did total value get you out in the two days ?? We ended up cancelling our Elkhart appointment and wish they would have let you take it. We ended up bringing ours back to the dealer two hours away (not a camping world) on July 25th and they just took it back today to start repairs.
RKNOLA knows which one i'm talking about and will insert the " I told you so" soon.. ha ha.. but we just didn't have a choice. My repair list was pretty short:
1 tighten or replace large slide topper
2 trim rubber slide gaskets since some are getting chewed up a bit on track
3 wood trim molding on large slide is separating on one corner
4 drivers chair does not lock into place without reaching under and moving locking mechanism by hand
5 replace screws on back ladder since most heads are sheared off
6 replace canvas bag under large slide
7 gasket on front windshield keeps coming up and slapping the windshield and scaring the crap out of me while driving. I have re glued and had a glass shop do the same and it hasn't worked.
8 replace my door lock
9 replace tv in hallway because of an ill designed mounting bracket and my tv is in many pieces. I usually take it off the mount and forgot one trip and it pulled the wires out of the wall and smashed the tv.

Really minor stuff after 12 months using it 3 weekends per month / 8,000 miles and 350 hours on
genny (football season racks up hours).

When I get it back it's going to my local mod shop to look at getting the A/C's to an acceptable noise level.. other than that she's been a great coach.

Hi Billy,
Here goes: I told you so!!! Yeah, that felt pretty good!
No, I am just sorry you are having to go through all of this. So, will you be "Picking berries" while you wait for your RV repairs?????
Just keep in contact with Thor and confirm the dealerships reports of: "Thor hasn't given us authorization yet" or my favorite: "Thor hasn't called us back yet". This excuse is really lame because all authorizations for repairs are done ONLINE!!! No phones involved!!! Also, request a list of repairs that the dealership requested authorization for, then check to see if the repairs were actually done. When we had our coach there they charged Thor for repairs that were never done!! Also remember, they CUT our HDMI cable when they removed our slide then they "brilliantly" tried to splice it back together! Probably hoping we would never find out!!
The most important thing is call Thor yourself and check up on the dealerships stories! The dealership will also blame ALL delays on Thor even though NO CALL WAS MADE TO ORDER PARTS!!!
Call and talk to Thor about your repair options. They have told more than 1 owner that they will send a transport driver to pick up the coach, take it to Elkhart, make the repairs, then have transport driver bring the coach back home. Thor did it for us and they told Russell they would do it for him but then Russell traded his in, but Thor did offer the option so call them! What have you got to lose?? The dealership you are planning to take your Palazzo to DID MORE DAMAGE THAN THEY FIXED on our coach!!!
Call me if you need to vent!!!

Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote