RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #281

When our coach was at the dealership for repairs they had it for 64 days before "fixing" it. When Thor sent a transport driver: from the time the driver picked our coach up, drove it from Louisiana all the way to Elkhart, fixed our slide, then had the transport driver drive it all the way from Elkhart (in a snow storm) to Louisiana, the entire process only took 2 weeks!!! The dealership is only 1 hour from our house AND it sat on their lot for a week before they had "room" for it (even though we had an appointment).
What was it the guy used to say in that commercial? "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later. But you ARE going to pay me".
Yes, taking your coach to Elkhart is an inconvience, but so is having repairs done wrong.
Think about it...............
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #282

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wstrace3,

Thor would not have let me have it anyway. They (Tim @ Thor) told me there was a waiting list. I still have my September 8th appointment with the Thor Service Department, but not sure I want to make another 2700 mile round trip.

I was not that impressed with Total Value RV either. They ( and I ) know why. Not worth going into anymore.

Since I have returned from Elkhart, the list has grown again. Creaking floor, leveling jacks that won't stay up after retracted, leak when water pump turned on, lots of new squeaks, pops, rattles and other issues. :(

rknola,

Agreed. Live and learn. My experience with CW has not been that great over the years. I won't do business with them anymore. Especially paying list++ for parts I can get from Amazon in 24-28 hours at a reasonable price.

IMHO, the Thor Palazzo is a remarkable motorhome. Too bad the people at the dealerships and service department are not. I believe I am a reasonable person. But I am tired of getting smoke blown up my arse by service personnel who must think I have the IQ of a cockroach.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #283

We will be in Elkhart at the THOR facility on Sunday, Sept. 28 for our one year fix before attending the Goshen Rally. Any one else have an appointment then also?
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #284

We will be there on the 28th also to have some repairs made on the large slide and the 'drop down bed'
New Thor
NewThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #285

Great! Look forward to seeing you.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewThor View Post
We will be there on the 28th also to have some repairs made on the large slide and the 'drop down bed'
New Thor
Are you going to hang around and attend the Thor Diesel Club rally that starts 5th of October at the Goshen Fairgrounds?

Safe Travels!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #287

Elkhart Tips

BillSkeen can you tell me what they did concerning the creak in your floor? We are about to get that fixed at Thor and I'm curious what the fix (and problem) is.

We've had a creak since day one, initially it was at the entrance to the bedroom but now it's spread over the back half of our coach.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #288

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Riover,

All those creaks, pops, etc. started on the trip back to Texas after the "Total Value fixes". I ordered a new water pump from Thor and replaced it myself.

Good luck!

Bill
Old 10-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
BillSkeen can you tell me what they did concerning the creak in your floor? We are about to get that fixed at Thor and I'm curious what the fix (and problem) is.

We've had a creak since day one, initially it was at the entrance to the bedroom but now it's spread over the back half of our coach.

I had a creak in the floor and they got it fixed in Elkhart. They said it was a screw that had broken holding the floor down.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote