RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Then during the day we got to hang out and chat, right Bill!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #30

My previous 2009 class C, sitting in the driveway for another 3 weeks, until our 36.1 is built, anyway, for the past 5 years, when we had a problem, we always took it to the dealer in Cleveland Ohio for repairs and fixes. Think 4 times.
Previous Was NOT bought from CW.
Palazzo, we bought from CW - Akron Ohio. I thought, if I have a problem, issue, you take it to your dealer. That is why I thought it was better to purchase though CW, do to the size and number of locations. I know my brain is not always firing on all cylinders.
After making my list, I NOW plan a trip to the factory?
maxtgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtgam View Post
My previous 2009 class C, sitting in the driveway for another 3 weeks, until our 36.1 is built, anyway, for the past 5 years, when we had a problem, we always took it to the dealer in Cleveland Ohio for repairs and fixes. Think 4 times.
Previous Was NOT bought from CW.
Palazzo, we bought from CW - Akron Ohio. I thought, if I have a problem, issue, you take it to your dealer. That is why I thought it was better to purchase though CW, do to the size and number of locations. I know my brain is not always firing on all cylinders.
After making my list, I NOW plan a trip to the factory?
I purchased my last class A from CW in Akron (formerly Sirpilla's RV) which has been in business for many years. Generally my experience, sales and 2 service visits, was good but they were too far from my home location to use on a regular basis.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
They don't get very good reviews on this service review site

CW locations get very mixed reviews on service. I'll let them handle little things but after they created a leak in my slide I decided a trip to the factory was the only way I would be happy.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #33

What's the procedure for "checking in". We were told we could show up on Sunday and spend the night or just show up at 7 Monday morning. Does that mean we just drive in and park Sunday night or will there be someone there to tell us where to go? We will probably overnight at Walmart Saturday night.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
They only book what they have power pedestals for so if you arrive on Sunday night as I did there will be a spot empty for you. Just back in and plug in. They will dump your tanks for you if need be and fill your fresh water. All you have in the lot is 50 amp power. Be prepared to be up and ready to leave the coach by 7:30 sharp. I was caught taking a shower the first morning and I was up early, I thought. Directly across the lot is a lounge with coffee and some snacks. This is where you'll get to meet others who are there for service. the girls behind the desk can arrange for a rental car if you need one as well as give you recommendations and directions to anywhere.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #35

Time for an update (here's my story, so far):
I am currently in Elkhart (and it's cold). It's a long story how I ended up here during this time of year, especially since I should be back at work but I was convinced that this was a good idea at one time.

I wasn't so sure how good of an idea it was when we first arrived at Thor, just let me tell you, things did not go well. It was as though they didn't even know we were going to show up. I thought we had made a huge mistake. I was so disappointed after reading all the positive stuff here.

Enough negative though, employees make a company and every person that we spoke to at Thor really impressed me. We had a guy attempt to clear us a spot to park in, he was very friendly and helpful. Got a phone call in the morning checking to make sure we were ready for a tech to come talk to us. The tech was great. The receptionist was friendly. In other words, everybody at Thor who we talked to was extremely pleasant. It really turned a bad situation into a good experience.

Before they even laid a finger on our coach they restored my faith in this company. The way I see it, any company that has employees that are this pleasant to deal with must be doing something right.

Off the top of my head I can count three things that happened (already) that I feel were above and beyond. For example, I have a tow dolly. They offered a place for me to store it, so I went outside unhooked it and was starting to move it when the tech showed up. I didn't want to make him wait while I moved it so I set it down and we went inside to talk. When the tech and I were done with the discussion I went to finishing moving the tow dolly, it was gone. Somebody had taken care of it, very nice.

Looking forward to getting my coach back but for now, due to the folks I had dealings with, my confidence is pretty high that it is in good hands.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
Time for an update (here's my story, so far):
I am currently in Elkhart (and it's cold). It's a long story how I ended up here during this time of year, especially since I should be back at work but I was convinced that this was a good idea at one time.

I wasn't so sure how good of an idea it was when we first arrived at Thor, just let me tell you, things did not go well. It was as though they didn't even know we were going to show up. I thought we had made a huge mistake. I was so disappointed after reading all the positive stuff here.

Enough negative though, employees make a company and every person that we spoke to at Thor really impressed me. We had a guy attempt to clear us a spot to park in, he was very friendly and helpful. Got a phone call in the morning checking to make sure we were ready for a tech to come talk to us. The tech was great. The receptionist was friendly. In other words, everybody at Thor who we talked to was extremely pleasant. It really turned a bad situation into a good experience.

Before they even laid a finger on our coach they restored my faith in this company. The way I see it, any company that has employees that are this pleasant to deal with must be doing something right.

Off the top of my head I can count three things that happened (already) that I feel were above and beyond. For example, I have a tow dolly. They offered a place for me to store it, so I went outside unhooked it and was starting to move it when the tech showed up. I didn't want to make him wait while I moved it so I set it down and we went inside to talk. When the tech and I were done with the discussion I went to finishing moving the tow dolly, it was gone. Somebody had taken care of it, very nice.

Looking forward to getting my coach back but for now, due to the folks I had dealings with, my confidence is pretty high that it is in good hands.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm glad to see that they are taking good care of you. I can only imagine how cold it is up there right now.

I've spent years in project management so I had contacted Steve a week before my scheduled arrival asking if we were still on? I contacted him the Friday Before I left confirming that I was on my way. I emailed him on Saturday telling him that I was half way there. I never leave anything to chance. The minute you assume everyone is on board is the exact minute things start to unravel.

When I started reading your post I was confident it was going to turn around exactly as is did.

The key to your success on this trip is constant and clear communication. Don't assume they understand or just know what you need done. One of the best tools in communication is to have them tell you what they just heard you tell them. You'd be surprised how often people hear something totally different from what you fee you just said. Most times is because we aren't clear.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #38

So, whats the trick in getting an appointment... I emailed them twice and did talk to someone at the warranty dept, but they said they will look at the email... never heard from them its going on 2-3 weeks now. Feel like Im getting the run-around, Any suggestions?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is who you want to contact:

Steve Reed: sreed@tmcrv.com
Service Coordinator

THOR MOTOR COACH
PH# 574-584-2120
FAX# 574-294-3618
Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #40

thank you sir, much appreciated! Just heard from Thor... Im booked in March.. Wooohoooo!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
thank you sir, much appreciated! Just heard from Thor... Im booked in March.. Wooohoooo!
You'll be traveling about the same distance I did. Not a bad trip and there's a bunch of rest stops on 80 with RV electric and dump stations if you wanted to do it in two days. I found a couple of nice places to eat while I was there. One Mexican place had the best Guacamole dip I ever had.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #42

would love to have the info... looks like it's about the same trek. You think Thor can install my safe T bar or they don't do mods?