RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #43

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
They told me that they don't do chassis work although they did put my shims in for me. I'd pass it by Steve now so he can see if he has the time available. I'm sure they can since they do repairs that are out of warranty for a price. I know CW would do it so I'd be surprised if they wouldn't.

Is you appointment in Elkhart or has the service department moved to their new facility? You need to take the tour, it's pretty impressive.

Let me know if you need anything. The shot out is pretty direct so getting there is simple. The only issue I had was getting through the toll booth at the exit for the factory. The gate wouldn't go up and the booths are unmanned. I have EZ-Pass so I didn't have a ticket. I backed up and went to the cash only lane and the gate opened. Thank god it was late at night.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
thank you sir, much appreciated! Just heard from Thor... Im booked in March.. Wooohoooo!
We also have a march service in Elkhart....we will be there the week of the 10th arriving monday@ noon! 33.3 Reeves Family (Troy & Tammy)
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #45

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post

Looking forward to getting my coach back but for now, due to the folks I had dealings with, my confidence is pretty high that it is in good hands.
Any update? It's Friday so you should either be home or headed home.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
So, whats the trick in getting an appointment... I emailed them twice and did talk to someone at the warranty dept, but they said they will look at the email... never heard from them its going on 2-3 weeks now. Feel like Im getting the run-around, Any suggestions?
I'm guessing the reason you haven't received timely responses is due to the amount of time they've had to shut down. I believe they shut down during the polar vortex and I know they were shut down most of the time I've been up here (due to weather). In my experience, losing time at work doesn't mean less work but the same amount of work in less time. Glad to see you got your appointment.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Any update? It's Friday so you should either be home or headed home.
Still here, not much to update. Due to weather Thor shut down early on Monday, closed down completely on Tuesday and may not have opened on Wednesday either.

I had a pretty long list of things that needed to be fixed, lots of them were just little things but there were a couple that might actually be somewhat serious. I just hope they are able to find and correct the problems, several of them occur sporadically. For example we've been having trouble with the AGS but when the tech tried it out, the darn thing worked (of course).
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #48

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is definitely a tough time to be that far North. I'm assuming you're in a hotel?

The thing I learned about the service techs is that they know these thing a lot better than the people making them. If there's a problem, most likely they've seen it before and have crafted a creative solution.

What is the AGS?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #49

Quote:
What is the AGS?
Automatically start your generator based on low battery condition or the inside room temperature. My Palazzo has the network version (see attacked info sheet).
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #50

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Us GAS guys know nothing about that fancy stuff
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #51

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Us GAS guys know nothing about that fancy stuff
FYI - Don, my 2014.5 37GT will come with the auto start generator due to the residential refrigerator.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #52

We are in a hotel, thankfully, since I need to work during the day.

Like TheArnolds stated AGS is an automatic gen start.

When I first bought the RV I thought that somebody should invent something that starts the generator automatically when the batteries are running low and the very next day read about it in one of the owners manuals. Pretty great discovery and I don't know why the dealer didn't introduce me to this marvel. Unfortunately it doesn't work all the time, especially when it's cold outside. I've lost a couple refrigerators worth of food due to it not firing up. Just another one of those expensive lessons.

I really hope the figure out what the problem with it is because this is one of those features that I really think is useful, even necessary.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #53

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Best wishes and do not take no for an answer. But be polite and talk through a smile. It's the old bee's, honey, vinegar thing. You can yell and scream at the hotel
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #54

Still here in Elkhart, still happy with the experience so far. DW talked to Thor on the phone today to get an update and from the information she relayed to me it seems that they are fixing it up. We also have met a fellow RV'er who is getting serviced by Thor, nice guy.

Little about Elkhart for others planning on making the trip. First tip concerns auto parts stores here. Our toad's battery bit the dust and we went to three different auto parts stores before getting a replacement.

First was Advance Auto Parts, we went in asked for somebody to test our electrical system (battery, starter, generator) and was told to wait. Two other sets of people came in after us, asked for their vehicles to be tested for something and were served before us. So we left. Guess they didn't want my money.

Second store was AutoZone. Asked to get the electrical system tested and also asked the guy if there was trouble starting the vehicle after the test, would they be able to assist us in getting it started. Told us "no" because it was a liability issue. We were able to get to the AutoZone due to the hotel supplying us with a jump from one of those portable battery chargers but the auto parts store wouldn't be able to help us due to "liability issues". We got better service for our auto from a hotel. Said goodbye and went next door to O'Reillys.

Ended up buying a battery and some other items from O'Reillys, even though the person who helped us had zero people skills. Asked him if he'd be able to help us get started again after the test if the car needed a jump and he said something to the effect of, "That's a dumb question, I'd have to help you get it started again, can't test it when it's running". Getting started again was a moot point because we ended up having to buy a battery and I pretty much started out with the idea that this would be the result.

Moral of this story is, if you need something auto related while in Elkhart I recommend going to O'Reillys and dealing with the crabby guy. He may not like you but he'll do what you need done.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riover View Post
Still here in Elkhart, still happy with the experience so far. DW talked to Thor on the phone today to get an update and from the information she relayed to me it seems that they are fixing it up. We also have met a fellow RV'er who is getting serviced by Thor, nice guy.

Little about Elkhart for others planning on making the trip. First tip concerns auto parts stores here. Our toad's battery bit the dust and we went to three different auto parts stores before getting a replacement.

First was Advance Auto Parts, we went in asked for somebody to test our electrical system (battery, starter, generator) and was told to wait. Two other sets of people came in after us, asked for their vehicles to be tested for something and were served before us. So we left. Guess they didn't want my money.

Second store was AutoZone. Asked to get the electrical system tested and also asked the guy if there was trouble starting the vehicle after the test, would they be able to assist us in getting it started. Told us "no" because it was a liability issue. We were able to get to the AutoZone due to the hotel supplying us with a jump from one of those portable battery chargers but the auto parts store wouldn't be able to help us due to "liability issues". We got better service for our auto from a hotel. Said goodbye and went next door to O'Reillys.

Ended up buying a battery and some other items from O'Reillys, even though the person who helped us had zero people skills. Asked him if he'd be able to help us get started again after the test if the car needed a jump and he said something to the effect of, "That's a dumb question, I'd have to help you get it started again, can't test it when it's running". Getting started again was a moot point because we ended up having to buy a battery and I pretty much started out with the idea that this would be the result.

Moral of this story is, if you need something auto related while in Elkhart I recommend going to O'Reillys and dealing with the crabby guy. He may not like you but he'll do what you need done.
I can't comment much on Autozone or Advanced Auto, the most I have ever purchased was oil, car washing stuff, ect. but I can agree with you about O'Reilly's. I think rudeness or a generally unfriendly attitude is part of their business model so I try to find a NAPA store. I have never found an unfriendly store, they test and help you. They loan tools and in one case I needed the large nut tightened on a trailer hitch and they torqued it for no charge.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
We also have a march service in Elkhart....we will be there the week of the 10th arriving monday@ noon! 33.3 Reeves Family (Troy & Tammy)
I will be there on the 14th, but will only be dropping it off (kids still in school) to talk to the service rep about "the list". They will work on it the following Monday and will pick it up after the the de-brief from the service guys. So, I wont get to taste the full Elkhart "experience".
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote