Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #99

Thor Owners Club
Palazzoblues, did you get a36.1? Looks just like mine
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #100

35.1 I am a little concerned about the storage as the pass thru is very small but Thor states it's got more storage than the 33.2. There are two extra storage areas but just not pass thru,
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #101

Freightliner Owners Club
I just got an appointment for May 19th. Anyone else going to be there that week?
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #102

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might want to look at the weather heading across the mid states. We're looking at a 12+" snow storm hitting us here in mid PA and Jersey starting Sunday so that puts it west of us on Saturday which is right when you plan on heading through it's path.

It sure would be unfortunate to have the underneath of your brand new MH coated in road salt on it's maiden voyage!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #103

U talking about March 15th?
Road Master base plates
Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
I just got an appointment for May 19th. Anyone else going to be there that week?
got an appointment on the 17th... will be there the night before and hook up.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #105

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
U talking about March 15th?
No, this weekend. I thought you were there already picking it up.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
No, this weekend. I thought you were there already picking it up.
Nah.... But I must say, been looking at the weather under ground extended forecast and Farmers Almanac. The middle of March is supposed to be just cold some snow and actually rain. A little snow I am not worried about.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Nah.... But I must say, been looking at the weather under ground extended forecast and Farmers Almanac. The middle of March is supposed to be just cold some snow and actually rain. A little snow I am not worried about.
I would be. Even a little snow would snow me in.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:54 AM   #108

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's not the snow, it's the salt. I traveled through a major storm on a trip to Key West for Christmas a few years back. The corrosion on my old MH was unbelievable. Both structural and electrical were affected. I'll never do that again!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
It's not the snow, it's the salt. I traveled through a major storm on a trip to Key West for Christmas a few years back. The corrosion on my old MH was unbelievable. Both structural and electrical were affected. I'll never do that again!
We've looked at a lot of brand new motor homes on dealer lots this winter. The ones that have "just come in" from up north all look terrible underneath. We took the floor cover to the engine bay off a brand new Tuscany and you should've seen the white salt film all over the Cummins engine. It looked like it was a 25 year old engine. Does everyone who buy these demand they be washed underneath to remove the salt and grime? I bet not.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #110

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
got an appointment on the 17th... will be there the night before and hook up.
My appointment is not until MAY. Since I have heard they always make their appointments for a Monday, I assume yours is for MARCH 17th.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
My appointment is not until MAY. Since I have heard they always make their appointments for a Monday, I assume yours is for MARCH 17th.
My bad... yes, Im in March 17, I guess I'll be alone that week....
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #112

Thor Owners Club
I am hoping the weather plays nice and doesn't act up any further since we are planning on heading out this Saturday for our March 10th appointment. I can't imagine traveling anywhere in my Palazzo with snow on the ground. That will certainly kill my warranty repair travel plans for sure.

Now I'm even more worried about the corrosive damage from salt on the ground. I recently got under my Palazzo to check the valve extenders on my rear duals and noticed the untreated undercarriage. There were chunks of black paint missing. I know they don't seal the undercarriage, but I wonder if this isnt' something I could get done on my own. Would that protect it better from road salt? Is it even possible, or feasible?

While I love my motorhome, I must admit that ownership is not for the faint of heart. Just when I think I've got yet one more thing under control, ten more worrisome ones pop up! My husband would be happy to be rid of it already and we've only owned it for just under five months. She's my baby and I love her, but just like with my children, I have to ask 'when does it end?'.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote