Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Mike, Thanks for the words of encouragement. This has been a long and tiring process. I will will fly in on March 12th and staying in a hotel the first night on Wednesday night. I hope they have everything ready to go. Tony @ Thor sent me a photo of our new Palazzo as it was already in the Service center as of last week. At least I know they are working on it. I will not have any transportation other than my new Palazzo. So, I plan on staying there all day long to go over it. I really want to stay over night to do "my own" inspection and hopefully anything small I find can be addressed on Friday. I also want to drive it before I leave Elkhart. If push comes to shove I could possibly stay into the following week as long as I have a good internet connection as I have the ability to work remote. Really my only concern is the weather. I hope there are no major snow storms while I am there. I haven't figured out what we will do with the water pipes as I am sure it will still be very cold up there. I hope Thor has some good ideas. I am sure this is not the first time someone has stayed up there in the winter. There are a lot of things I am concerned about, but I am sure it will some how work out.
Thor's directions regarding the lot is and I quote : "Once you arrive, our customer parking in located north/south against the guard rails. There is 30/50 amp electrical service available there. Water is available against the south wall on the east side near the back of the building. There are several yellow poles located here. There is also a dump station in this same location. Because of the incline, you will have to level your coach out to get a good 'DUMP.' "

Thor is booked during this time frame so others will be there no matter what the weather is in Indiana.
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Because of the incline, you will have to level your coach out to get a good 'DUMP.
LOL now that's funny right there I don't care who you are!
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #73

Quote:
I am going to Elkhart next month to pick up my Palazzo. I plan on staying in my Palazzo for two nights before I drive it home so I can thoroughly go through everything to have the Service Techs address any problems. Where in distance and location in relationship to the Service Center building are the RV hookups Thor provides for those who choose to stay in their RV's while their units are being worked on? I have not asked that question yet and not really that concerned, but after looking on Google Earth at the Thor Plant and service center building all I saw were parking lots and grassy or gravel areas they keep chassis.
I sure hope you have a good experience. Heaven only knows you deserve a good experience after all the bad that has happened to you.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
I sure hope you have a good experience. Heaven only knows you deserve a good experience after all the bad that has happened to you.
x2
Old 02-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #75

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
I will not have any transportation other than my new Palazzo. So, I plan on staying there all day long to go over it. I really want to stay over night to do "my own" inspection and hopefully anything small I find can be addressed on Friday.
You might check with the folks at Thor - they may have an arrangement with Enterprise for a rental car - at least that'll let you get out and about for meals, etc. Doubt seriously they have food service at the factory parking lot.
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 AM   #76

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
You might check with the folks at Thor - they may have an arrangement with Enterprise for a rental car - at least that'll let you get out and about for meals, etc. Doubt seriously they have food service at the factory parking lot.
There is a food truck that comes around for the workers. I can't remember if it is at the morning break or lunch or both.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:35 AM   #77

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
They will get you their corporate rate with Enterprise. Enterprise will pick you up at the service center and you will simply leave the car there when you're done with it. Then there's the possibility of getting Thor to pick up the tab if your issue is serious enough to force you to bring it to the factory. I've heard of them reimbursing people for the cost of fuel to make the trip as well so it's all depending on your negotiating skills
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:08 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
They will get you their corporate rate with Enterprise. Enterprise will pick you up at the service center and you will simply leave the car there when you're done with it. Then there's the possibility of getting Thor to pick up the tab if your issue is serious enough to force you to bring it to the factory. I've heard of them reimbursing people for the cost of fuel to make the trip as well so it's all depending on your negotiating skills

I think Thor will work with me on what I need. Remember, I am the guy who is on the third Palazzo. The first one had so many problems from day 1. Then the slide out died the first week, then all he!! broke loose when it had problems in the body shop. After all that Camping World agreed to replace it with another one that was wrecked on it's way to the dealer. So, I will be flying up to Elkhart to pick up a brand new one that no one has ever drove other than what I hope to be Thor factory employees and or sevice techs. Our Palazzo was in the service center as of last week.

I have already made flight arrangements. Thor will reimburse me for this. Thor has paid for one night in a hotel. They have also paid for a cab. I am not too crazy about the cab idea so i will probably go ahead and rent a car myself. Like most people here, I do not want to be locked down without any transportation. I have done a lot of traveling for business. I feel like I am on another business trip. Only this time this trip will be to hopefully get a lot of bad issues behind us and resolved.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:20 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
When I was there I did see a food truck come by at lunch time and I did see a pizza delivery guy deliver to the customer service area. There were other folks getting service that had cars so maybe you could hook up to go to dinner.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
There were other folks getting service that had cars so maybe you could hook up to go to dinner.
Nah, well, maybe, if I run across some other fine folks who've had about as many problems as I've had with our Palazzo's. I'm sure we would have a whole lot to discuss!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Can anyone tell me what is the average lead time to get an appointment at Thor? It looks like I'll need to take the Challenger there for repairs. I noticed today that the windshield has popped out of its seal at both top corners, and the front cap to body seal has separated on each side down by the V10 badges, leaving a quarter inch gap for about 12 inches. My schedule would allow a visit to Elkhart the last week of March and I'm wondering if that is far enough out to get an appointment. Also, if anyone has had to have exterior paintwork done, how much time might that add to the job? I understand that paint jobs are sent out and not done by Thor themselves.
This happened to our 2013 Challenger too. It took two attempts but Thor finally found that the front cap wasn't attached correctly to the structure up near the top. They fixed it and replaced the windshield.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #82

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Nah, well, maybe, if I run across some other fine folks who've had about as many problems as I've had with our Palazzo's. I'm sure we would have a whole lot to discuss!
Well, looks like this might just turn into a party. We'll be there the week of March 10th, too! I'm excited, to be honest. Can't wait to see what it's like there. I'm looking forward to the tour and a visit to meet Tom Overton who has been instrumental in my Palazzo tutelage.

BTW, I hadn't heard of the incident with your second (replacement) unit! Wow, what a crazy story. I hope this finally seals the deal for you.

See you there
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #83

Gonna miss the party, I will be there on the week of the 17th.... :(
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Well, looks like this might just turn into a party. We'll be there the week of March 10th, too! I'm excited, to be honest. Can't wait to see what it's like there. I'm looking forward to the tour and a visit to meet Tom Overton who has been instrumental in my Palazzo tutelage.

BTW, I hadn't heard of the incident with your second (replacement) unit! Wow, what a crazy story. I hope this finally seals the deal for you.

See you there

Gingerela, honestly I have no idea what to expect. This could go two ways... real bad or real good. I've been looking at the extended weather forecast for that week and I think we are all going to be frozen. LOL