Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #211

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Only in cases of reoccurring failures. I've also read where they send a driver to drive it back to the factory. I imagine these are extraordinary circumstances.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Only in cases of reoccurring failures. I've also read where they send a driver to drive it back to the factory. I imagine these are extraordinary circumstances.
They sent a driver for our's after I refused to drive it with the broken windshield and told them I thought it was illegal to drive it that way. I thought they would send a tow, but they just sent a driver who towed his car behind our MH.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #213

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just booked with Steve Reed to be in Elkhart the week of August 4th. No major items just a last check before my 1 year is up. Anybody else booked for that week ??
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #214

Had a great experience with Steve Reed and his crew... good guys!
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
We just booked with Steve Reed to be in Elkhart the week of August 4th. No major items just a last check before my 1 year is up. Anybody else booked for that week ??
Just got back from our second trip to Elkhart this year. Best restaurant in town we have found so far is the 523 Pub and Grill in downtown Elkhart. We are spoiled foodies coming from Chicago, and this one came close. Best breakfast or lunch place we found is the Mayberry Cafe, and it is close to Thor.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #216

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Just got back from our second trip to Elkhart this year. Best restaurant in town we have found so far is the 523 Pub and Grill in downtown Elkhart. We are spoiled foodies coming from Chicago, and this one came close. Best breakfast or lunch place we found is the Mayberry Cafe, and it is close to Thor.
Thanks !! We will check them out..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #217

Freightliner Owners Club
We are leaving for Elkhart tomorrow. Anyone going to be there with us next week.

After that we are heading for Gaffney for the Freightliner class on June 5/6 and one year service at Freightliner on June 6th.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #218

We are heading out for Elkhart in the morning. Will be there for our service appointment on June 9. From other posts it appears there will be three 33.2 Palazzos there that week.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #219

Thor Owners Club
Scheduled for week of June 16th. Body work (my bad) and a list of minor warranty items.
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #220

Count me in. I will be there tomorrow evening for our appointment on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
We are leaving for Elkhart tomorrow. Anyone going to be there with us next week.

After that we are heading for Gaffney for the Freightliner class on June 5/6 and one year service at Freightliner on June 6th.

Dadd,

Looks like there are four. Go to break down on the way to Elkhart.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #222

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would recommend calling well in advance of when you want to get there for repairs. I called this morning to see if I could get in August 4th, 2014 and they are already booked out until September. Unfortunately, I can only get off work in August, so it looks like I'll have to schedule a trip for June of 2015.

Love my Palazzo, but am really not happy with warranty service personnel at Camping World in New Braunfels, TX or Thor. I bought my unit in January and took it in for a list of items that needed to be fixed in March. They had it 12 weeks and only took care of a couple items Each time I called they said they were waiting on Thor to approve the repairs. Decided to take it to the repair facility, at my expense. Finally got approval for vacation time to drive to Elkhart only to find out they can't get to it then.

Based on the list of things that have been wrong with my unit and the poor warranty support after the sale, I'll never buy another Thor product. I've had other motorhomes that had issues, but never had the problems after the sale like I have with this unit.

Live and learn. This sure has been an expensive education.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #223

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wouldn't trust what any CW told me. As far as repairs, I'll only trust them with minor stuff. Most have a pretty poor reputation. They created a leak in my slide that I ended up bringing to Elkhart to get repaired. The staff at the factory are top of the line so you can be confident that they'll get it right.

I think your issue lies with your CW dealer
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #224

[QUOTE=BillSkeen;2089181]I would recommend calling well in advance of when you want to get there for repairs. I called this morning to see if I could get in August 4th, 2014 and they are already booked out until September. Unfortunately, I can only get off work in August, so it looks like I'll have to schedule a trip for June of 2015.

Love my Palazzo, but am really not happy with warranty service personnel at Camping World in New Braunfels, TX or Thor. I bought my unit in January and took it in for a list of items that needed to be fixed in March. They had it 12 weeks and only took care of a couple items Each time I called they said they were waiting on Thor to approve the repairs. Decided to take it to the repair facility, at my expense. Finally got approval for vacation time to drive to Elkhart only to find out they can't get to it then.

Based on the list of things that have been wrong with my unit and the poor warranty support after the sale, I'll never buy another Thor product. I've had other motorhomes that had issues, but never had the problems after the sale like I have with this unit.

Live and learn. This sure has been an expensive education.[/

So Bill you get to drive aprox 2400 mile, spend $1100 or so in fuel, be gone about a week because dealer network can't fix your coach???

Your live & learn probably a good assessment.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote