RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #127
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: western NC mountains!
Posts: 4,106
my 2014 late built in March has triple track, matter of fact, it was side by side with several others that did not, so that certainly made my choice easier : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #128
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Considering a 2016 33.3. Should I be concerned with slide problems? It appears the triple track may have remedied the slide issue.
Pavetack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #129
Senior Member
 
Redridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavetack View Post
Considering a 2016 33.3. Should I be concerned with slide problems? It appears the triple track may have remedied the slide issue.
Do a thorough PDI before accepting the coach... IMHO, if the build is to spec and you follow the procedure of leveling and moving the slides... you should be fine.
__________________
Ferdinand,
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 (Melody), Folkstone
2017 Jeep Rubicon, Ready Brute Elite & Currie Ent Baseplate
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #130
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 234
If the dealer has the slides extended and the coach is not leveled, the first step in a slide failure has happened.
__________________
Ron & Susan
2014 Palazzo 36.1
2013 Subaru Outback
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #131
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
If the dealer has the slides extended and the coach is not leveled, the first step in a slide failure has happened.


You are so right about the dealership having the slides out and not being
level. I would bet this goes on all the time.

I have the triple track on my 2015 33.2 but really haven't had mine in and out enough to say ya or na yet. Will keep you up on how it goes...
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #132
Senior Member
 
jones47172's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Posts: 495
X2 on a thorough PDI.

At the Pine Mountain rally Thor made it a point to stress that in 2016 quality became a major consideration. They had a 2016 Palazzo at the rally so I decided to measure the placement of the tracks on the slides. Unfortunately they were way out of tolerance, even mores so than on my 2015.

A coach might look beautiful but remember these things go down an assembly line and the line keeps moving no matter what. Do a thorough PDI. There have been no major issues with my 2015.
__________________
Mike & Sue Jones
Venetian A40, formally Palazzo 35.1
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #133
Senior Member
 
Clayobx's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Willow Lakes RV & Golf Resort, FL
Posts: 3,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavetack View Post
Considering a 2016 33.3. Should I be concerned with slide problems? It appears the triple track may have remedied the slide issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
If the dealer has the slides extended and the coach is not leveled, the first step in a slide failure has happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
X2 on a thorough PDI.

At the Pine Mountain rally Thor made it a point to stress that in 2016 quality became a major consideration. They had a 2016 Palazzo at the rally so I decided to measure the placement of the tracks on the slides. Unfortunately they were way out of tolerance, even mores so than on my 2015.

A coach might look beautiful but remember these things go down an assembly line and the line keeps moving no matter what. Do a thorough PDI. There have been no major issues with my 2015.
That should answer your question Pavetack
__________________
Clay & Pebble
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #134
Member
 
David T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sparks, NV
Posts: 64
Still no slide issues

We have a 2015 33.3 purchased in October of 2014. We use the coach at least every other week for weekend trips and just got back from a week long vacation to Oregon. We have still had no issues. We figure the slides have been in and out at least 60 times each since we have had it.

The Palazzo is one of the top selling DP motor homes, that's a fact. I'm not sure how many that is in a year but Motor Home Specialist sure sells a lot and the dealer I purchased from can't keep them on the lot and he sells over 375 motor homes a year.

With that being said, would someone that is seriously considering the purchase of a Palazzo really be swayed by three or four VERY vocal "first year" buyers that got lemons, out of so many Palazzos that have been sold? I would hope not.

I learned from my dad years ago to never buy anything in the first model year of manufacture . The advice has worked well for me.

We love our Palazzo, we love the price-point and fuel mileage and we use it often.
__________________
2015 33.3
2015 Jeep Cherokee Towd
David T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #135
Senior Member
 
StevieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 618
Well said
__________________
Steve and Connie F421161, GS Life Mbr, TDC, FCOC
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2, Pinot Noir, Sophie, Little One
Fiat Trekking, Blue Ox, Army 6/32 Arty VN 12/69 - 1/71
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #136
Senior Member
 
tcopeland's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by David T. View Post
We have a 2015 33.3 purchased in October of 2014. We use the coach at least every other week for weekend trips and just got back from a week long vacation to Oregon. We have still had no issues. We figure the slides have been in and out at least 60 times each since we have had it.



The Palazzo is one of the top selling DP motor homes, that's a fact. I'm not sure how many that is in a year but Motor Home Specialist sure sells a lot and the dealer I purchased from can't keep them on the lot and he sells over 375 motor homes a year.



With that being said, would someone that is seriously considering the purchase of a Palazzo really be swayed by three or four VERY vocal "first year" buyers that got lemons, out of so many Palazzos that have been sold? I would hope not.



I learned from my dad years ago to never buy anything in the first model year of manufacture . The advice has worked well for me.



We love our Palazzo, we love the price-point and fuel mileage and we use it often.

We have a 2013 (first year model). Still motoring along with no issues that could not be overcome. No slide issues to speak of. 31000+ miles.
Have had great service from Thor and all vendors with any problems. Guess u can put us on the "love it" side.
__________________
Tom MGYSGT USMC (Ret)
2016 THOR Tuscany XTE 36MQ
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slide Topper Awning Support MSHappyCampers iRV2.com General Discussion 22 08-13-2017 03:41 PM
Slide Adjustment, 2000 Holiday Rambler 38WDS Fred Cooper Monaco Owner's Forum 2 12-06-2014 07:52 PM
Slide Help TexasSprinter Thor Industries Owner's Forum 2 12-04-2014 02:36 PM
A New Thread on 33.2 Slide and My Experience DMBanwarth Palazzo Motorhomes 13 07-12-2014 10:20 AM
Slide Repair at the Factory J Walker Palazzo Motorhomes 26 05-20-2014 02:18 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.