Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #29

Believe me, I REALLY wish we would have purchased the Holiday Rambler we were looking at before we bought the Palazzo!! I am glad to hear you are happy with your Monaco product. When we "upgrade" it will be to the Holiday Rambler!!
Anyone want to buy a 2013 Palazzo 33.2??? To look at it you have to go to the repair shop since they have had our coach since 9/24/13.
Thanks Thor!!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RKNOLA.....I get it. What should be a very enjoyable experience hasturned to a nightmere. All I can advise is what you already know. Main thing is document any and ALL corospondense. Even to the point of time on phone, hold time and missed attempts. If and when you decide to pursue this further it will all come into play and in your favor. Slide issues are a major issue not only for use but safety. Most states it is 3 attempts to get it right and not always for the same issue.
Yes, most get a acceptable coach from most manufactures. But for the few who don't it can be a all consuming aggonizing experience. We are not talking about a screw loose or a drawer that won't stay closed, but major stuff like plumbing, flooding, electrical, slides and chassis issues.

I sincerely hope you find an acceptable resolution. R
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #31

I spoke to the dealer about repair before we bought the Monaco. I know dealers lie but he said Monaco will send you to any RV shop even if they aren't a Monaco dealer. He was right. Every problem was fixed. When we had problems fueling up in Saltlake they sent us to a Ford dealer. Ford couldn't fix it. Monaco said pay them and they will reimurse us. As it turns out Ford said no charge. Then Monaco sent us to another RV dealer. Problem was fixed. I have heard Monaco doesn't discount their warranty service like other. manufacturers. We liked the HR a little better but the Monaco had a few xtra bells and whistles. Electric heater in wet bay, heat pump, Dometic refer etc.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1233 View Post
RKNOLA.....I get it. What should be a very enjoyable experience hasturned to a nightmere. All I can advise is what you already know. Main thing is document any and ALL corospondense. Even to the point of time on phone, hold time and missed attempts. If and when you decide to pursue this further it will all come into play and in your favor. Slide issues are a major issue not only for use but safety. Most states it is 3 attempts to get it right and not always for the same issue.
Yes, most get a acceptable coach from most manufactures. But for the few who don't it can be a all consuming aggonizing experience. We are not talking about a screw loose or a drawer that won't stay closed, but major stuff like plumbing, flooding, electrical, slides and chassis issues.

I sincerely hope you find an acceptable resolution. R
Thank you for your kind words. No one truly understands how frustrating this is until they go through it!! Yes, I am documenting EVERYTHING!!
I have been told "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" but they just don't understand my vinegar comes from a VERY BIG debt that I can't use!! We love to RV but it hurts to watch all the other RVs go by on the interstate and we have to just accept the fact that our RV time is being taken away from us!! UGGGGG!!!!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
What we need is for Toyota to buy a factory out.
Our cars used to be built to lower standards too. A little foreign competition might be good for this industry. As a newbie...it seems appalling that the whole industry acccepts such a low standard of quality overall.

Toyota leads in the auto industry in recalls in 3 of the last 4 years (Honda had the most in 2011)
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
HHg

First off, I must say that what you've experienced IS NOT typical. However, it may be typical with Thor/Four Winds. We have bought 3 brand spanking new Motorhomes. My first one which we had for almost 3 years never had one thing go wrong. My second one was a Four Winds Serrano. I was scared to take it out on a trip because every time we did something major would breakdown. My experience with it is very similar to yours. We didn't even make it home after driving it off the lot !! It was truly a major POS. We finally had enough and got rid of that lemon and bought the Phaeton. We've had 2 very minor issues that I took care of myself (a TV/Cable splitter and a 28.45 regulator). Good luck with your coach!

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Now after saying all this I truly feel some of the delay has to do with the authorized warranty providers, Camping World, Lazy Days, etc. I have read a number of people make the statement that the shop is waiting for warranty approval. I feel that this is a BS statement made to deflect the heat off the shop...easy to blame someone, Thor, who is not there to defend themselves. If a shop told me this I would call Thor, tell them what the shop is saying and get an approval number. I know some have said that they are waiting for Thor to call them back and I will say that I have never had an issue contacting Thor or them returning my calls.

This is exactly the run around we got when our coach was at LazyDays for warranty repairs. At one point after waiting a month, LazyDays excuse was that the replacement black tank for our leaking one had to be made by the supplier. None were available anywhere and no expected availability date from the tank manufacturer! We called THOR and they immediately shipped a replacement tank to LazyDays. After another week or so LazyDays had the tank replaced; however, they had damaged our driver's side mirror moving the coach around, so that would be another two weeks to fix. Needless to say we're done with LazyDays.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
Yes but!!!!! I have owned RVs ever since the 60s. I never had a RV manufacturer take care of me as well as Monaco. Monaco treats their customers very well compared to other manufacturers. In fact I went to Coburg in June and had a W/D installed and the price they charged beat CW sale price for the same model. So far I am really sold on Monaco. I have a few problems but all fixed in a timely manner.
I bought a 2000 Newmar used. I called Newmar and they treated me like I just bought a new coach. GOOD PEOPLE.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
I bought a 2000 Newmar used. I called Newmar and they treated me like I just bought a new coach. GOOD PEOPLE.
So why did you buy a Thor product?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #38

I could not afford Newmar. I'm a school teacher with two kids. Palazzo was all I could afford.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #39

I would return palazzo if I could. 4 days old. All ready in shop at Freightliner and waiting for parts from Thor to repair schwinntech bunk. AGHHH!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
LOL!!! Have you seen the average Japanese house?
No thanks!

Sure, the Japanese build a good car, but if their trucks were that much better, every RV would be riding on a Hino/Fuso/Mitsubishi/etc chassis.
Safe travels to all
But of course my REAL point was that we USED to have to settle for this type of quality from complacent American Auto mfrs. till they got some competition in both price and quality. It is simply sad to see the general acceptance of low standards and expectations across the board in the industry. Surely BETTER is possible?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
But of course my REAL point was that we USED to have to settle for this type of quality from complacent American Auto mfrs. till they got some competition in both price and quality. It is simply sad to see the general acceptance of low standards and expectations across the board in the industry. Surely BETTER is possible?
2x
Old 11-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #42

Texas Boomers Club
Same old crap. My 36.1 is in the shop again...big slide...again...
This time front opens...back does not. Last time bottom comes in...top did not! This is in addition to other stuff, leaks water on table, lights already burnt out, etc. etc. Oh...and this morning when I went to take it in...the radio went out! No cameras!!! I'm starting to think different make.
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote