Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #71

I see you live in St Augustine. You're too close to Josam's not to go. You won't be disappointed. It's the place where all the area alignment shops send what they can't fix.

Just a very impressed and satisfied past customer,
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineIF View Post

As for Lemon Laws, I've not heard of a state yet that extends coverage beyond passenger cars and pickup trucks.
No there have been many rv lemons including Thor. Google search Pam Bondi Florida attorney general. Her site says:

If the recreation vehicle has been subjected to at least three repair attempts for the same defect that is not a defective living facility component, or has been out of service for repair of one or more defects that are not defective living facility components for 15 or more days, then, written notification must be sent to each manufacturer (not the dealer) which may provide warranty coverage of the defects. If the consumer is not certain which manufacturer’s warranty covers the complaint, it is better to send the notification to all potentially responsible manufacturers.

You can search manufacturers to see how many and what makes have had lemons. Thor has had a few. No palazzos yet. I guess too new?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #73

http://myfloridalegal.com/resale.nsf/Web+Search+Simple

Click above link and type in name

Remember is is only Florida
Old 12-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #74

Good to know. Lemon laws may apply to non living facility components. So, for traditional motorhomes, I take that to mean almost everything above the chassis is excluded from the Lemon Laws. In other words, the drive train and chassis may be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
No there have been many rv lemons including Thor. Google search Pam Bondi Florida attorney general. Her site says:

If the recreation vehicle has been subjected to at least three repair attempts for the same defect that is not a defective living facility component, or has been out of service for repair of one or more defects that are not defective living facility components for 15 or more days, then, written notification must be sent to each manufacturer (not the dealer) which may provide warranty coverage of the defects. If the consumer is not certain which manufacturer’s warranty covers the complaint, it is better to send the notification to all potentially responsible manufacturers.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I believe it's 3 plaintiffs, that's easy now when when you tell the lawyer who the defendant is you better be sitting down when he tells you what he wants $$$$$$ for a retainer.

Drive the rig to the factory, it will be much cheaper and it will not take 3-4 years like a lawsuit.................
If they don't get a layer and Thor and his dealer do not fix all the problems, it will probably take longer than 3-4 years To get rid of his lemon or recover from the 160 some K he paid for that Palazzo. I too have no confidence what so ever Thor will be able to fix the existing Schwintek issues. Something in the manufacturing process went terribly wrong. The Schwintek motors and gears are not up to par to operate these huge slide outs. It was a cost cutting move by Thor that has and will end up costing them more money in the long run. Just go look at a Tuscany. It's large slide outs use the hydraulic system which supports the weight of the large slide outs on those units. The Scwintek gears and motors are used on it's smaller slides. Come on people! Camping world has told me there is a problem. Thor has told me there is a problem. I know there is a problem. The evidence is already there.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
If they don't get a layer and Thor and his dealer do not fix all the problems, it will probably take longer than 3-4 years To get rid of his lemon or recover from the 160 some K he paid for that Palazzo. I too have no confidence what so ever Thor will be able to fix the existing Schwintek issues. Something in the manufacturing process went terribly wrong. The Schwintek motors and gears are not up to par to operate these huge slide outs. It was a cost cutting move by Thor that has and will end up costing them more money in the long run. Just go look at a Tuscany. It's large slide outs use the hydraulic system which supports the weight of the large slide outs on those units. The Scwintek gears and motors are used on it's smaller slides. Come on people! Camping world has told me there is a problem. Thor has told me there is a problem. I know there is a problem. The evidence is already there.
I am sorry that you are having some problems and if you fell your problem falls within the Lemon law of your state then I suggest that you stop talking here and find yourself a lawyer willing to take your case.

I love my Palazzo as do many more on this forum and you are not going to get anything solved by continuing to complain here. Find a lawyer and take it through the courts.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I am sorry that you are having some problems and if you fell your problem falls within the Lemon law of your state then I suggest that you stop talking here and find yourself a lawyer willing to take your case.

I love my Palazzo as do many more on this forum and you are not going to get anything solved by continuing to complain here. Find a lawyer and take it through the courts.

Unfortunately the state of NC does not have a Lemon law for RV's. The lemon law only covers autos and trucks under a certain GVWR. I have alreay talked to a lawyer. It is premature to file suit. I am working with camping world and Thor and it appears we do have some options at this point. I cannot speak openly about them in this forum because nothing is set in stone. If there is a good outcome, I will be the first one to say it.

I am glad that those of you without problems are enjoying your rigs. Unfortunately I cannot say that. This has been a living nightmare. What I'd really like to know is how is it that a great deal many of these Palazzo's came off the assembly line in such terrible shape? How is it that others, with the exception of a few minor problems come off the line just fine. I don't get it.

Also, do me a favor, go out and run your LARGE slide out in and out a few times a day. Do that about 30 or 40 times over about a 3 to 4 week time period. Let me know if your slide out still works error free. That's all I have to say about that. I see you have a 33.1. I don't think the slide out on yours is as big or as heavy as the one on our 33.2. That might have something to do with it.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #78

To your point on the slide, we have used our large slide 70 plus times, this year, without issue. We use ours for weekend trips and road trips (with nightly stays). Additionally, we have been the ONLY ones to use the slide. It was ordered and not on display on the dealer lot. We limit use of the big slide when the coach is leveled, as well.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Unfortunately the state of NC does not have a Lemon law for RV's. The lemon law only covers autos and trucks under a certain GVWR. I have alreay talked to a lawyer. It is premature to file suit. I am working with camping world and Thor and it appears we do have some options at this point. I cannot speak openly about them in this forum because nothing is set in stone. If there is a good outcome, I will be the first one to say it.

I am glad that those of you without problems are enjoying your rigs. Unfortunately I cannot say that. This has been a living nightmare. What I'd really like to know is how is it that a great deal many of these Palazzo's came off the assembly line in such terrible shape? How is it that others, with the exception of a few minor problems come off the line just fine. I don't get it.

Also, do me a favor, go out and run your LARGE slide out in and out a few times a day. Do that about 30 or 40 times over about a 3 to 4 week time period. Let me know if your slide out still works error free. That's all I have to say about that. I see you have a 33.1. I don't think the slide out on yours is as big or as heavy as the one on our 33.2. That might have something to do with it.
My slide is not as large as the other current models and I have owned my Palazzo for 18 months and close to 15,000 miles. I have ran my slides in and out many times over the past 18 months and they have worked as advertised.

I have met and talked to many Palazzo owners and the vast majority are very happy with their purchase. For those who are having problems I am sorry, I have had problems in the past with another coach so I can understand your pain.

I will say this, I have confidence in Thor that they will do the right thing and hopefully for you and your situation it will be solved to your satisfaction.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
To your point on the slide, we have used our large slide 70 plus times, this year, without issue. We use ours for weekend trips and road trips (with nightly stays). Additionally, we have been the ONLY ones to use the slide. It was ordered and not on display on the dealer lot. We limit use of the big slide when the coach is leveled, as well.
Can you post some pictures of your Schwintek slide out teeth? I'd be curious to see what yours looks like after that many uses. As for ours, on delivery the upper rear Schwintek teeth was severely warn. There were visible aluminum shavings falling off the teeth. One week later it went back to have then entire Schintek system on both sides of the large slid replaced. I told them it looked bad. Their response " oh that's not bad, it's just seating in. It will be fine."
Old 12-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #81

We have it in storage for the winter. If I get a chance this week (likely Wednesday), I can bring my camera and take a peak.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #82

I think the many posts about this are good. I know I would not take a chance and buy a Thor. If I were Thor I would be banging on your door begging you to come in for proper repairs. If they don't it would make me believe they don't really care after they get their money. Not the RV to buy. It has to be hurting their sales. I'm tooting my horn about Monaco. They treat me great. Best warranty service I have ever received. I have been buying RVs since 1960. I would buy another Monaco or HR in a heartbeat. Did I mention they beat CW sales price on installation of my W/D? This is my first Monaco but won't be my last.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #83

With all the problems people have buying MHs from CW makes me wonder if CW is buying up rejects at a big discount. Just seems like too many problems when they buy from CW. Others buy same MHs from other dealers and don't seem to have any problems. Makes you wonder.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
I think the many posts about this are good. I know I would not take a chance and buy a Thor. If I were Thor I would be banging on your door begging you to come in for proper repairs. If they don't it would make me believe they don't really care after they get their money. Not the RV to buy. It has to be hurting their sales. I'm tooting my horn about Monaco. They treat me great. Best warranty service I have ever received. I have been buying RVs since 1960. I would buy another Monaco or HR in a heartbeat. Did I mention they beat CW sales price on installation of my W/D? This is my first Monaco but won't be my last.
Question, who services the warranty? I know Monaco/HR went out of business in 2009 and Navistar purchased the assets but has now recently sold out this year in May, as well, and is now part of ASV (Fleetwood, American Coach). Just wondering how all of that sorts out. Sounds like everything went smoothly as you have experienced no issue.

Are the slide outs issues a Thor issue? They go beyond Thor and affect any manufacturer who used the Schwintek. I think Lippert is reeling from all of the issues. it is a relatively new approach and design. Winnebago is struggling on the issue, as well.