Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #1

Information Center Odometer

I just tried to find the odometer information on my information center and could not find it. I found a lot of other things like Leg Distance, etc. How do I get the total miles. I know it is there because a law or regulation says there has to be an odometer. If it is a procedure with setting up please provide details.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Depends on the info center but if you have a TRIP button, tap it a few times.. Display should, eventually, get to TOTAL MILES

HOLDING Trip on most displays,,,, Resets the displayed TRIP counter to zero.. (Has no effect on TOTAL MILES)

NOTE::::: It is possible to switch it to KM in many cases by the improper (or proper) pattern of button pushing (Multiple buttons normally) Same pattern switches back.. OWNER's manual gives pattern.

(Pattern depends on who made the dash.. I can give you one of them But Miles Display has worked on my motor home (Workorse) my daughter's cars (Chevy, Nissan) and my Dodge towed. All worked the same way for odometer readings)
Old 05-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #3

I will answer my own question but maybe someone knows more than I have discovered. The manual says to turn the ignition OFF and the headlights ON and the odometer reading comes up. In fact it did just what the book said. I was looking for it in all of the many parameters we can read in the scrolling section such as Leg Distance, etc. If anyone has another easier way to find the odometer reading please chime in.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
I will answer my own question but maybe someone knows more than I have discovered. The manual says to turn the ignition OFF and the headlights ON and the odometer reading comes up. In fact it did just what the book said. I was looking for it in all of the many parameters we can read in the scrolling section such as Leg Distance, etc. If anyone has another easier way to find the odometer reading please chime in.
The info center is not all that intuitive. I attached a document from Freightliner “Knowing Your Chassis” pages 25 & 26 may help. Some of the lines that you scroll down can also be scroll right/left to get to more selections. I think I remember a tree type chart that describes each window and their selections but my other documents are in my coach and not available at this time.
KnowingYourChassis.pdf
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
The info center is not all that intuitive. I attached a document from Freightliner “Knowing Your Chassis” pages 25 & 26 may help. Some of the lines that you scroll down can also be scroll right/left to get to more selections. I think I remember a tree type chart that describes each window and their selections but my other documents are in my coach and not available at this time.
Attachment 63037
Jack
The document was helpful. It shows the odometer "ODO" on the travel screen but I have not been able to display that. I will work on it more. I could ask if others have managed to display the ODO in the travel screen?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
Jack
The document was helpful. odometer "ODO" on the travel screen but I have not been able to display that. I will work on it more. I could ask if others have managed to display the ODO in the travel screen?
I have mine configured to show ODO, instant miles per gallon and transmission temp. The 3 lines on the display are configured to your liking. It is called the favorite display in the manual.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check the Freightliner Manual on LBCU message display, here is a summary of the complicated flow charts.

Next item down or up
Alternate information - Press Right
Reset - Press Left then Hold Right 3 sec.
Options:
Odometer
Generator Hours
Date & Time
Today: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Leg: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Trip: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Road: Speed - Engine RPM - Oil Pressure - Inst Fuel Economy - Fuel Used - Engine Hours - Engine Temp - Turbo Pressure - Voltage - Cruise Speed

Transmission Temp -Gear Attained
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #8

yeah, it takes awhile to get used to the convention Freightliner uses... thats why I dont bother with it... all I look at is transmission temp.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

I finally got the odometer to show on the travel information. I managed by starting from the list of categories displayed and clicking right and holding until the category list appears. Then the odometer was on the list. I clicked down to select odometer and then right and held to select odometer for the display list. Now I would like to determine the order of the categories. Freightliner really has a user unfriendly information display. I am not even sure that all of ours work the same.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Off topic, but ... was browsing the forum for info on my transmission panel (specificcally the "Mode" button) and read this thread.
Thanks Jack & Karen for the link:
KnowingYourChassis.pdf

Good info there!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #11

Display Freezes

While returning from a recent trip I was coming down the I80 grade into Reno when the Freightliner display flashed "Unit Not Programmed" and all the analog (round) gauges froze. When I pulled off at Boomtown the Tach showed 2200 rpm and the speedo showed 55mph while I was stopped. Shifting, engine brake, turn signals all continued to work normally. I reset the system by disconnecting the Chassis batteries with the Battery Buddy switch in the battery compartment. Everything returned to normal and there weren't any additional problems on the rest of the drive home.

Anyone had this problem? Was it a one time occurrence or cronic and how did you address it. The coach is a 2014 33.2 with 9k miles. We are the second owners, about 2 months.

Thx
Rockcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #12

Had it happen to me once about 4 weeks ago. Resolved it the same way you did. I did report it to freightliner and the tech made a note of it in my file. He said if it happens again he would authorize a module replacement.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcop View Post
While returning from a recent trip I was coming down the I80 grade into Reno when the Freightliner display flashed "Unit Not Programmed" and all the analog (round) gauges froze. When I pulled off at Boomtown the Tach showed 2200 rpm and the speedo showed 55mph while I was stopped. Shifting, engine brake, turn signals all continued to work normally. I reset the system by disconnecting the Chassis batteries with the Battery Buddy switch in the battery compartment. Everything returned to normal and there weren't any additional problems on the rest of the drive home.

Anyone had this problem? Was it a one time occurrence or cronic and how did you address it. The coach is a 2014 33.2 with 9k miles. We are the second owners, about 2 months.

Thx
What's a "buddy switch in the battery compartment"?
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #14

Battery Buddy

Battery Buddy is a brand name like crescent for expandable wrench. It's most common on small boats and is a battery disconnect switch. One version allows you to select between battery 1, battery 2, both or OFF. our MH has one in the battery compartment to let you disconnect the Chassis batteries for maintenance or storage.
Rockcop is offline   Reply With Quote