Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #1

Jensen JRV212T Rear Aux input

Hi,
I just purchased a 2014 Palazzo 33.3. I noticed that the "Rear AUX Input" is available for selection on the radio. However I can't seem to figure out what it is connected to. My prior motorhome had the Aux input connected to the TV so you could play TV audio through the main speakers. I can't seem to figure out where the wires go. Has anyone figured it out?
Thanks,
Michael
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Hello Michael,

Last week I installed a NAV 104 for the Jensen radio. The Jensen is removed from the panel by pulling off the plastic bezel and then removing 4 tiny screws around the perimeter. Then, the radio can be slid out which will expose a group of connectors, all marked as to what they would go to. I did not pay any attention but my guess is that there is a connector marked Rear Aux which is not connected to anything. Again, as I recall there was a series of connectors for speakers with no connection. I am not sure how the audio is piped out of the radio.

There were dimmed icons for NAV and Sirius, both of which became selectable after installing the NAV 104 and SiriusXM receiver - very simple installations. My suggestion is to pull the radio and see if the Rear Aux is connected.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #3

Mike -

Where did you install the antenna for the NAV ? Did you install it on roof, and if so how did you get it up there ?

- Mike
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Mike -

Where did you install the antenna for the NAV ? Did you install it on roof, and if so how did you get it up there ?

- Mike
There is a removable access panel on the dashboard directly over the instrument cluster. This is removed by prying up along its length at the center. From this hole one has all the access to run wiring and antennas that is needed. Also, directly under this panel is a metal strap which stabilizes structure. The NAV 104 and SiriusXM antennas have magnetic bases, so I just attached them to this strap. I assume this will work since the RV is basically a fiberglass shell relatively transparent to the satellite signals. The Palazzo has not been out of my garage since the installation but with the garage door open I am receiving both signals. How well this works will not be verified until Sue lets me go on another outing

The NAV 104 comes with a huge bundle of wiring. This I got rid of by simply stuffing it, along with the receiver, beneath the "storage compartment" directly beneath the Jensen radio. If I were to do all this again, the entire install would take 30 minutes.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
There is a removable access panel on the dashboard directly over the instrument cluster. This is removed by prying up along its length at the center. From this hole one has all the access to run wiring and antennas that is needed. Also, directly under this panel is a metal strap which stabilizes structure. The NAV 104 and SiriusXM antennas have magnetic bases, so I just attached them to this strap. I assume this will work since the RV is basically a fiberglass shell relatively transparent to the satellite signals. The Palazzo has not been out of my garage since the installation but with the garage door open I am receiving both signals. How well this works will not be verified until Sue lets me go on another outing

The NAV 104 comes with a huge bundle of wiring. This I got rid of by simply stuffing it, along with the receiver, beneath the "storage compartment" directly beneath the Jensen radio. If I were to do all this again, the entire install would take 30 minutes.
Can you please give us a parts list to purchase? This sounds like something I could handle.
Thanks!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msturtz View Post
Can you please give us a parts list to purchase? This sounds like something I could handle.
Thanks!
Two items were purchased from Amazon:

Jensen NAV104 GPS Navigation $134.06
SiriusXM SXV200v1 $40.20

Thats everything
Old 11-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
Two items were purchased from Amazon:

Jensen NAV104 GPS Navigation $134.06
SiriusXM SXV200v1 $40.20

Thats everything
Be sure to check your Jensen radio model number to be sure of the Sirius module you will need. If you have an older model, the Sirius module is different and no longer available except on a resale market, Ie. eBay, craigslist, etc.

I know I got caught in that trap!!!
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #8

It seems that my radio in my new coach only takes the old SCC1 and isn't compatible with the navigation option either.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by msturtz View Post
It seems that my radio in my new coach only takes the old SCC1 and isn't compatible with the navigation option either.
Worse yet I found that all the connections in the back are just left dangling and unconnected. This means that the RCA inputs from the TVs and the RCA output to the TV as well as the video in from the DVD player are all left unconnected. None of the wires are connected to anything! So, this means if you want to have TV audio on the main speakers you would either have to fish cable (not fun!) or use a wireless sender of some kind. I will see if I can come up with a creative solution and will post the information here.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #10

we have had plenty of problems with the Jensen radio in our Palazzo it wont power up intermittently and the touch screen wouldnt work either. We finally pulled out the radio using the radio removal tools that came with the owners book (common radio tool) and found the rear aux inputs RCAs and hooked up a rca to 3.5 jack cable to play music from your phone and also If you want I pod connection you need to purchase the cable that attaches to the rear inputs also as you cant plug a Ipod into the front usb port. We disconnected the power leads and did a hard reset and that worked as before we did that we had no touch screen and could not set the clock or switch screen options. the front reset button did nothing. Still dont have full touch screen options. Jensen says we have to take it to a dealer to get it warranteed. which means ot having the coach for 2 months because the dealers are so pathetic.
Larry
larryg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker2time View Post
IMHO the best thing to do is trash the Jensen all together. I got rid of the Jensen and installed a Kenwood DDX771. Although it only has one camera input. I used a video switcher that enables me to switch from the turn signals to the backup camera effortlessly. The Kenwood is 100x's better in sound quality than the Jensen. It also has bluetooth and DVD. I also replaced the front ceiling speakers w/Kickers and also added two more Kicker's to the front in front of the passenger and drivers seat in the side of the wall consoles on each side.
We've been considering adding front speakers to this location in our coach. You have any pics of what it looks like? How does it sound there?
Was there a lot of wires to worry about inside the drivers side?

Thanks
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker2time View Post
IMHO the best thing to do is trash the Jensen all together. I got rid of the Jensen and installed a Kenwood DDX771. Although it only has one camera input. I used a video switcher that enables me to switch from the turn signals to the backup camera effortlessly. The Kenwood is 100x's better in sound quality than the Jensen. It also has bluetooth and DVD. I also replaced the front ceiling speakers w/Kickers and also added two more Kicker's to the front in front of the passenger and drivers seat in the side of the wall consoles on each side.
Nice... does the video switcher enable automatic switching between left and right hand turn signal and reverse?
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #13

If you would like to know more about this I can draw up a schematic and directions[/QUOTE]

A drawing, or description would be great. I can assemble it, but can't design it. Thanks so much!!!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #14

Thank you very much!!!