Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #85

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennial View Post
Thanks for adding items to look at when I take delivery. I agree that these things have many items that will need a little more TLC from the owner but some things just make you go hmmm. I also love the floor plan of the 33.3 as I have two kids and wanted bunks and love the full linoleum floor over carpet. I have my shop vac ready and my screw driver charged.
Refreshing attitude !! At this price point most of us here feel the same way and don't mind fixing a few things ourselves.

You've probably read about the 1 year free membership for the Thor Diesel Club. We took the first year membership thinking we would probably not renew it because we have never joined a club before and knowing we were probably the youngest in the club. After going to last years Spring rally in Myrtle Beach we will definitely renew. We were the only ones that had kids with us (3 and 2 at the time) and everyone was extremely welcoming and we will be back to more rallies in the future. It's a great bunch of people. Even if you can't make it to a rally the TDC website has a forum once logged in. A lot of questions get asked and answered there for those that really want answers versus posting just to solicit negative feedback from mostly those that don't even own the same coach as you.

Hope you enjoy your 33.3.. any questions please ask.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #86

I just heard from the selling dealer that the slide out room has failed on the 33.3 we put a deposit on. They are asking Thor what to do. I wasn't too surprised because I asked them to check it before I would take delivery primarily because of posters on this forum. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Thanks to this forum members for saving me headache! I will keep the forum up to date with the progress. It seems that these are good motorhomes after everything is fixed.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #87

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msturtz View Post
I just heard from the selling dealer that the slide out room has failed on the 33.3 we put a deposit on. They are asking Thor what to do. I wasn't too surprised because I ask them to check it before I would take delivery. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Thanks to this forum members for saving me headache! I will keep the forum up to date with the progress.
How far away is the dealer ?? I would go by and see what failed on the slide. I don't hear a lot on here about 33.3 failures but of course not everyone is on irv2. I think I've seen more of the 33.2 failures and probably because of the added weight of fridge and washer/dryer on the large slide side. With almost no use on the 2014 I would get the last 8 of the VIN # and call Thor directly. And I can almost promise you they were operating the slide with out jacks down and air bags not deflated. Play hard ball and tell them the only way you will take delivery is if Thor picks it up and does the work in Elkhart. Not a good sign with a slide failure already. I just had my local dealer fix mine and didn't send it to Elkhart and took a gamble but so far so good. If not for football season I would have sent it back to Elkhart but paid to much for RV tailgate passes. ha ha .. good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #88

Quote:
I just heard from the selling dealer that the slide out room has failed on the 33.3 we put a deposit on. They are asking Thor what to do. I wasn't too surprised because I asked them to check it before I would take delivery primarily because of posters on this forum. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Thanks to this forum members for saving me headache! I will keep the forum up to date with the progress. It seems that these are good motorhomes after everything is fixed.
The slide was the only reason I didn't want a true 2014 (some 2014s were updated late in the model year) It appears after they were corrected post failure they seem to be working correctly. At least that is what I have read from numerous people. If the deal is too good to pass up I would say take the coach...as long as the slide is fixed the way it should be before you sign the papers.
Millennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #89

Quote:
The slide was the only reason I didn't want a true 2014 (some 2014s were updated late in the model year) It appears after they were corrected post failure they seem to be working correctly. At least that is what I have read from numerous people. If the deal is too good to pass up I would say take the coach...as long as the slide is fixed the way it should be before you sign the papers.
That is what what I plan on doing. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Refreshing attitude !! At this price point most of us here feel the same way and don't mind fixing a few things ourselves.

You've probably read about the 1 year free membership for the Thor Diesel Club. We took the first year membership thinking we would probably not renew it because we have never joined a club before and knowing we were probably the youngest in the club. After going to last years Spring rally in Myrtle Beach we will definitely renew. We were the only ones that had kids with us (3 and 2 at the time) and everyone was extremely welcoming and we will be back to more rallies in the future. It's a great bunch of people. Even if you can't make it to a rally the TDC website has a forum once logged in. A lot of questions get asked and answered there for those that really want answers versus posting just to solicit negative feedback from mostly those that don't even own the same coach as you.

Hope you enjoy your 33.3.. any questions please ask.
Glad you had fun on one of those club meet and greets. I want to go on one sometime in the near future. I am also one of the younger motorhome owners. I love RVing so decided to just bite the bullet and get a class A diesel and do it right. I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old baby. My goal is to use the coach as many times as I can before my son goes into preschool. Once he is in school we will be tied to a schedule a lot more. When we had our toyhauler we went at least once a month but many times twice a month while living in California. There we could use it year around in fact the best months were dead of winter.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #91

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Glad you had fun on one of those club meet and greets. I want to go on one sometime in the near future. I am also one of the younger motorhome owners. I love RVing so decided to just bite the bullet and get a class A diesel and do it right. I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old baby. My goal is to use the coach as many times as I can before my son goes into preschool. Once he is in school we will be tied to a schedule a lot more. When we had our toyhauler we went at least once a month but many times twice a month while living in California. There we could use it year around in fact the best months were dead of winter.
yep.. used it as much as we could the last 12 months. just started pre k 4 this year and bye bye long weekends. ha ha.. On Fridays they are ok with us picking up after lunch so at least we can get a somewhat early start to our destination. We made it to the Spring rally but had to miss the last one several weeks ago because of school.
Good luck and I'm sure you will love your Palazzo.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
yep.. used it as much as we could the last 12 months. just started pre k 4 this year and bye bye long weekends. ha ha.. On Fridays they are ok with us picking up after lunch so at least we can get a somewhat early start to our destination. We made it to the Spring rally but had to miss the last one several weeks ago because of school.
Good luck and I'm sure you will love your Palazzo.
Thats my plan. I see you live in Youngsville. I lived in Lafayette for a little over 3 years. My house was next to Comeaux High School not that far away.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #93

Quote:
Slide failure is never good to hear about but it does say a lot for the integrity of your dealer. They didn't have to tell you about the slide failure for fear of losing the sale, but they did. So not only do you get to see how the failure is handled with your dealer, you get to see how it is handled with THOR. We as owners can tell you how great THOR is, but seeing is believing!
Keep us posted and yes, go to the Thor Diesel Club website and look around. There is list of the upcoming rallys. We are especially looking forward to the May 3-8 2015 rally in Pine Mountain, Georgia. The spring rally is more of a social rally whereas the rally in Goshen, Indiana is more of a learning rally. In Goshen we have seminars on different coach systems and a THOR factory tour. Going to a rally is also a great way to meet other Thor owners. You will find we have a great group of people, everyone is very friendly. Since we have members from all over the US and Canada, it is a great resource to have while out on the road!
Good Luck with everything!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #94

Quote:
Thats my plan. I see you live in Youngsville. I lived in Lafayette for a little over 3 years. My house was next to Comeaux High School not that far away.

We live in Louisiana too. We are closer to New Orleans than Wstrace3 is. I see by your avitar symbol you are a Seahawks fan. Y'all have a pretty good team there! We (well me, Rick isn't a football guy) are diehard Saints fans!
I hope we can all meet up at a rally soon. We put a sign in the window that says "RKNOLA" so people know who we are and can come over and say HI (or say stay away from that crazy lady)! Either way, we are excited to welcome new members to our group! If you get a chance go over to the Thor Diesel Club website and look around. Yes, some areas of the website are limited if you aren't yet a member, but in that case feel free to PM any of us for more info.
Good Luck with the new coach! Post some pictures so we can see it!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We live in Louisiana too. We are closer to New Orleans than Wstrace3 is. I see by your avitar symbol you are a Seahawks fan. Y'all have a pretty good team there! We (well me, Rick isn't a football guy) are diehard Saints fans!
I hope we can all meet up at a rally soon. We put a sign in the window that says "RKNOLA" so people know who we are and can come over and say HI (or say stay away from that crazy lady)! Either way, we are excited to welcome new members to our group! If you get a chance go over to the Thor Diesel Club website and look around. Yes, some areas of the website are limited if you aren't yet a member, but in that case feel free to PM any of us for more info.
Good Luck with the new coach! Post some pictures so we can see it!
Karen
Thanks! I pick up the coach next week I'll post a picture then. I'll sign up for the Thor Diesel Club when I get the paperwork.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Small world.. We've lived here about 7 years and love it.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Slide failure is never good to hear about but it does say a lot for the integrity of your dealer. They didn't have to tell you about the slide failure for fear of losing the sale, but they did. So not only do you get to see how the failure is handled with your dealer, you get to see how it is handled with THOR. We as owners can tell you how great THOR is, but seeing is believing!
Keep us posted and yes, go to the Thor Diesel Club website and look around. There is list of the upcoming rallys. We are especially looking forward to the May 3-8 2015 rally in Pine Mountain, Georgia. The spring rally is more of a social rally whereas the rally in Goshen, Indiana is more of a learning rally. In Goshen we have seminars on different coach systems and a THOR factory tour. Going to a rally is also a great way to meet other Thor owners. You will find we have a great group of people, everyone is very friendly. Since we have members from all over the US and Canada, it is a great resource to have while out on the road!
Good Luck with everything!
Karen
Thanks the cool thing is it was the salesman that called me. He was worried that I wou be upset. Because I had read about the slide issues I wasn't surprised. I think he was relieved.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #98

Quote:
Thanks the cool thing is it was the salesman that called me. He was worried that I wou be upset. Because I had read about the slide issues I wasn't surprised. I think he was relieved.
Well it looks like the Palazzo is fixed and will be ready for delivery this weekend! Thank God! In other news the dealer is sending the coach to another location closer to us than where they are at their expense. That means no long trip across the state to inspect it. hopefully you will be able to add me to the list of Palazzo owners.