Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #1

My new 33.1

so we picked up a 2013 33.1 from rv direct on sept 19th. Rv direct is the internet sales division of rvone(stores in several locations-----we picked our unit up in winter haven, florida, 2 hours north of us).

we did a 4 day shake-down trip and found several issues needing attention. I spoke w/Thor and sent pics of the items and arranged for repair at Ft Lauderdale RV. Thor was very responsive------actually impressive. The issues I spoke to Thor about included a piece of roof trim that was not screwed down, and the windshield gasket was out-of-place in the upper drivers corner. Thor asked me to take it in for repair to get both items addressed before I drove to far, fearing that the windshield gasket might turn into a bigger problem if not remedied.

Thor set me up with Ft Lauderdale RV and we took it in for repair to Bill Sands at Ft Lauderdale RV.

Prior to my arrival I noted, while waxing the port and stern of the unit, that the paint on the top part of rear grill was 1/2 satin (on the drivers side) and 1/2 flat (on the passenger side)---that a screw on the aft ladder was broken.....and (I'm sorry to report) that I also caused some scrapes on the rear-view mirrors whilst getting the rig into my newly rented garage......so I also wanted that fixed......

So I took the rig to Ft Lauderdale rv. In addition to my list ----they found the helm-deck a/c unit dripping condensate on the genset control panel.

And I also asked Ft L RV to install twin Fiamm electric horns.....

The long and short of it is I pay for painting the mirrors, and the new horns ---- and Thor is fixing the rest..... I think I will pick it up tomorrow or Friday..

We just bought a 2014 Ford Focus SE to tow and will be getting a Blue Ox base plate and alpha tow bar.......as far as brakes----I am undecided yet but leaning towards the RvI2........

We are heading off for 4 months in 2014 for a National Parks Tour (if they ever open).....and if they don't -----I guess it will be a 'Near-to-the-National Parks Tour'......It will be my wife, me, and the two beagles(the dogs have been bugging me about seeing the National Parks)

I like my rig......I really think well of Thor......

The long and short of it is ----- I think the service has been good, Thor seems 'Stand-UP', the rig is very nice( a lot to hand wax ---uggh !)

I bought the extended Freightliner warranty and we are thinking about the extended cummins warranty.......

That concludes the executive summary.......

regards
rich, patty, scoots, n patch
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sounds like good experiences so far, and a great upcoming trip!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on your new rig! I'm sure that you will have many pleasurable journeys in it. Be sure to check out the Cheap Handling Fix on the Ford forum and also discussions of the 5-Star tune. There are also a couple of good discussions here on improvements to consider.

Sounds like a deal was reached that will open the parks again (well, at least for a short time)
Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormleys View Post
Be sure to check out the Cheap Handling Fix on the Ford forum and also discussions of the 5-Star tune.
Won't work. He has a pusher
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #5

Just sayin.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought the extended Freightliner warranty and we are thinking about the extended cummins warranty.......

regards
rich, patty, scoots, n patch[/QUOTE]

Congratulations.
I seem to be missing something about the extended Freightliner warranty. I thought it was already 5 years with Freightliner.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
so we picked up a 2013 33.1 from rv direct on sept 19th. Rv direct is the internet sales division of rvone(stores in several locations-----we picked our unit up in winter haven, florida, 2 hours north of us).

we did a 4 day shake-down trip and found several issues needing attention. I spoke w/Thor and sent pics of the items and arranged for repair at Ft Lauderdale RV. Thor was very responsive------actually impressive. The issues I spoke to Thor about included a piece of roof trim that was not screwed down, and the windshield gasket was out-of-place in the upper drivers corner. Thor asked me to take it in for repair to get both items addressed before I drove to far, fearing that the windshield gasket might turn into a bigger problem if not remedied.

Thor set me up with Ft Lauderdale RV and we took it in for repair to Bill Sands at Ft Lauderdale RV.

Prior to my arrival I noted, while waxing the port and stern of the unit, that the paint on the top part of rear grill was 1/2 satin (on the drivers side) and 1/2 flat (on the passenger side)---that a screw on the aft ladder was broken.....and (I'm sorry to report) that I also caused some scrapes on the rear-view mirrors whilst getting the rig into my newly rented garage......so I also wanted that fixed......

So I took the rig to Ft Lauderdale rv. In addition to my list ----they found the helm-deck a/c unit dripping condensate on the genset control panel.

And I also asked Ft L RV to install twin Fiamm electric horns.....

The long and short of it is I pay for painting the mirrors, and the new horns ---- and Thor is fixing the rest..... I think I will pick it up tomorrow or Friday..

We just bought a 2014 Ford Focus SE to tow and will be getting a Blue Ox base plate and alpha tow bar.......as far as brakes----I am undecided yet but leaning towards the RvI2........

We are heading off for 4 months in 2014 for a National Parks Tour (if they ever open).....and if they don't -----I guess it will be a 'Near-to-the-National Parks Tour'......It will be my wife, me, and the two beagles(the dogs have been bugging me about seeing the National Parks)

I like my rig......I really think well of Thor......

The long and short of it is ----- I think the service has been good, Thor seems 'Stand-UP', the rig is very nice( a lot to hand wax ---uggh !)

regards

Congrat's on the new rig

where is Fort Lauderdale rv ? All I can find is northtrail rv

Thank's
mike
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
Congrat's on the new rig

where is Fort Lauderdale rv ? All I can find is northtrail rv

Thank's
mike
1545 s state road 7 ( rt. 441), ft lauderdale 33317

across the street from gunther vw
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

regards
Congratulations.
I seem to be missing something about the extended Freightliner warranty. I thought it was already 5 years with Freightliner.[/QUOTE]

part of the chassis are covered for 5yr and parts for 3 years @50,000 miles
I upgraded to complete chassis and axles for 5 yr 100k miles......
call freightliner and give them your vin ....they will tell you what coverage you have....
Old 10-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #10

Welcome to the Palazzo family!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post

Just sayin.
Pics ????

Click image for larger version

Name:	windshield.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	48103A pic of the gasket prior to repair.

Name:	painted grill.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	48102The Rear grill top painted in gloss black (same color as coach)

Name:	toad.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	48104The new Focus

Name:	mh.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	48101The New Rig

Name:	fiamm's.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	48100The new Fiamm's (electric)

Name:	DSC_0151.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	48105 Scooter and Patch
Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #12

what gasket is that? nice rig, enjoy!
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
what gasket is that? nice rig, enjoy!
windshield at upper corner drivers side. it was reset (without the need to remove gasket or windshield).
Old 10-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice!
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote