Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #15

Hi Don,

The front disk anti-locks brakes are standard equipment ( I believe) from Freightliner and your Palazzo should have these brakes. It is a WABCO anti-lock system. You can look at XC-S chassis at Freightliner for standard equipment and optional equipment.
Happy travels
RVL14all is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
No, we have drum brakes. I know for sure because the shoes were recently cleaned after contamination for a leaking seal in the right front wheel. See my report on "First visit to Freightliner" forum.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about a different thread for discussing Plazzo brakes?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
The disc brake issue was raised together with the slides issue for a possible upgrade by Thor. May be they should stay together. Or may be we should concentrate on the slide issue for conversion to the 2015 model standard, which is the most important issue, at least in my view. It could cut both ways, though. May be if we ask both of them, we will get at least one, the slides.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Jerokee.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #19

I for one do not believe there is a problem (safety wise)with drum brakes, so Thor has no reason to upgrade them for free. I have been one of the lucky ones so far to not have a slide issue and like said before, I hold my breath every time I use it. I also would never have purchased any Thor product if I had read about all the slide issues in this forum first. Thor can count on increased sales from our promoting their appropriate response to problems. Count my vote for slide upgrade.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #20

forget the rotor upgrade... we need these dual top track on ALL our slides!

Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
forget the rotor upgrade... we need these dual top track on ALL our slides!

I agree! My top track is showing some serious wear already! The only way we can make this happen is if we all complain and demand Thor does the right thing. If we don't, when we go out of warranty we are going to have some serious issues. Just saying.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #22

It's costing Thor every day they let these Large slides set out there with all of us guessing when they are going to fail.

If they have a good fix (extra track or rails) they need to get them on all large slides. We are already hearing about owners switching to other brands. These people talk and will never be back.

If Thor were to make a proper fix instead of a patch current owners will stick around. If they don't my guess is none of us will be stick around when we trade. Well let me speak for myself. I'll for sure not buy another Thor unless they make this one right.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
It's costing Thor every day they let these Large slides set out there with all of us guessing when they are going to fail.

If they have a good fix (extra track or rails) they need to get them on all large slides. We are already hearing about owners switching to other brands. These people talk and will never be back.

If Thor were to make a proper fix instead of a patch current owners will stick around. If they don't my guess is none of us will be stick around when we trade. Well let me speak for myself. I'll for sure not buy another Thor unless they make this one right.

Russell
I have heard through the grape vine Thor builds in 10K bucks to each coach for warranty purposes. They are not loosing any money. The triple rails will only fatten their profit margins in 2014 - 2015 and on. Personally I don't think Thor will upgrade anybodies slides to the triple rails. They are just waiting until the 14's go out of warranty and for those 13's that they promised those owners they'd fix will go away. Thor is moving ahead to it's new customers with the triple rails. We were the beta testers and that's how it goes.

So now for us 13 - 14 owners, we can hang up any chance of a good resale. Once potential buyers ask why there are two slide rails on the top of the 15's and not on the 13 -14's the answers will come out. Thanks to Thor for making such an obvious change that nailed to coffin on the 13 - 14's.
Road Master base plates
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
I have heard through the grape vine Thor builds in 10K bucks to each coach for warranty purposes. They are not loosing any money. The triple rails will only fatten their profit margins in 2014 - 2015 and on. Personally I don't think Thor will upgrade anybodies slides to the triple rails. They are just waiting until the 14's go out of warranty and for those 13's that they promised those owners they'd fix will go away. Thor is moving ahead to it's new customers with the triple rails. We were the beta testers and that's how it goes.

So now for us 13 - 14 owners, we can hang up any chance of a good resale. Once potential buyers ask why there are two slide rails on the top of the 15's and not on the 13 -14's the answers will come out. Thanks to Thor for making such an obvious change that nailed to coffin on the 13 - 14's.
Warranty reserve is nothing new. I worked in the aircraft engine industry and they were happy if a customer did not use any warranty because this warranty reserve was swept back to the bottom line at the end of the warranty period. Pure profit!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #25

It is important that we speak up. My goal is for all the 13's and 14's to have the reputation that says ALL the problems have been worked out on our units. I don't see that happening unless Thor upgrades our slide outs.
Road Master base plates
Old 05-16-2014, 07:08 AM   #26

I agree 100 % that Thor has to fix the large slides.

My opinion is that the good will that they will get from dealers & customers will pay much more than the bad will they are and will be getting if they don't.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #27

Im with you blues... I def want ours upgraded. Layout design wise, there is essentially no difference between the model year 13-15 line-up except for these types of fixes... and these fixes should of been done in the design phase from day one.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #28

I personally think the only thing that would start Thor in the direction of say a recall and upgrade of the slide system would be a class action suit. It may be time to lawyer up on this issue.
Riover is offline   Reply With Quote