Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:06 AM   #43

I recently went to a shop that specializes in MHs and handling. They did a full review of my unit (2023 33.6) and only recommended the Safe-T-Plus unit. They did look into the SuperSteer motion controls valves and they felt it would not make a big impact as only the rear axle would be improved. I went ahead with SuperSteer motion control valves just to be sure.

I haven't put many miles since installed so I cannot add any value on the performance. The feedback I received from other XC-S chassis and Palazzo owners was the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and the motion control valves made a big improvement in handling.

Good luck and safe travels with your new Palazzo!
MikeCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
They did look into the SuperSteer motion controls valves and they felt it would not make a big impact as only the rear axle would be improved. I went ahead with SuperSteer motion control valves just to be sure.
Any feedback on the MCU's? Many recommend them but I am skeptical, I think they are saying its only applies to rear due to the Palazzo only having a single rear ride height valve and therefore the bags are connected to each other, vs the front that have two ride height valve, one for each wheel. The MCU's should slow down air transfer from one side to the other which should help "Walmart Wobble" but not sure if it would have any effect on highway driving which I primarily concerned with. If they can reduce sway, which they might, it could help but also contribute to a harsher ride, similar to Sumo springs on a gas MH. Some have complained of a harsher ride with MCU's, which again makes sense as they would basically reduce the working volume of the bags.

Mine is driving much better, but there is still some wander requiring constant micro corrections. The steering seems to track well for a while then grab one side or the other and track left or right randomly.

Wind and gust are a contributer for sure, and only so much that can be done with the large side surface area and short wheel base. It does seem better than my gas MH most of the time, but seems to have a little more random quality, where it decides to wander unexpectedly.

I did take some slop out of my Ready Brute tow bar as some of the bolts were wallowing things out after many miles. Tightening them and adding a steel washer on one. Seemed to help, also having de-rattlers keeping the hitch raise and tow bar connections tight. This always helps and I forget about tow bar slop after a while, definitely causes the Jeep to wander and make the MH wander some.

I did check toe and mine seems to be pretty good at 3/16" in, which is a lot, normally more toe in tracks center better at the expense of tire wear, but I am wondering if its cause the random wander as weight shifts back and forth.

Really need to get a 4 corner weigh, other have posted Palazzo's being unbalanced with more weight on one side vs other, this could potentially be mitigated with some careful ride height adjustment. Also I think it generally light on the front axle which could contribute as well.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:58 AM   #45

I only had a short drive from the shop who installed the MCUs back to the dealer for the warranty work so I can’t comment. Honestly the short drive I felt little difference and was more focused on the steering stabilizer. I have a trip to Florida planned at the end of the month so I can fill you in after that.
MikeCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palazzo