Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #127

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
Started waxing the RV yesterday and when I got to the rear I noticed the molding pulling away from where the rear cap attaches to the main body. I removed the rubber molding and found 8 screws where broke off. I am going to replace them with stainless steel screws. Now for the million dollar question.
WHY!!!
Same with the trim moulding on the bottom of my large slide. The factory workers have heavy duty power tools and don't know how to control them. If their tools have a breakaway torque setting they don't know how to use it. bottom line is that sloppy work results in broken screws.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #128

Fleetwood Owners Club
The best screws are made in Germany, Spax brand. Our local Home Depot carries them or get them on the internet. Way better than the factory screws most likely made in China.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I had all rear ladder screws stripped (heads), the dealer replaced the whole ladder, resealed and used new screws. I agree workers quality was suffering that day.
I found 4-6 headless screws on my PDI as well, shows this is not a uncommon problem. Hope a rep from Thor gets wind of these issues and communicates them to factory. ( I know, not likely).

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:04 AM   #130

Other than odor........is there a down fall to emptying your black tank sooner than later? Can I let it sit for a week(or longer) if need to and what's my risk? Anything I must do then before dumping to "loosen" up if you will? Thanks for the advice
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Other than odor........is there a down fall to emptying your black tank sooner than later? Can I let it sit for a week(or longer) if need to and what's my risk? Anything I must do then before dumping to "loosen" up if you will? Thanks for the advice

I have been in parks recently that do not have sewer at the site. A honey wagon comes around weekly. No problem with this, but I do use an enzyme to help break it down and cut the smell. When I do get to a full service site, I empty the tank and then use the flush hose to fill it again and continue with this until it is clear..... I added a 90 degree clear elbow on the black/grey outlet.
You can also add a lot of ice cubes to your tank just before a road trip. It scours the bottom of the tank.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
I have been in parks recently that do not have sewer at the site. A honey wagon comes around weekly. No problem with this, but I do use an enzyme to help break it down and cut the smell. When I do get to a full service site, I empty the tank and then use the flush hose to fill it again and continue with this until it is clear..... I added a 90 degree clear elbow on the black/grey outlet.
You can also add a lot of ice cubes to your tank just before a road trip. It scours the bottom of the tank.
Ice cubes.... Great idea! Should tank be higher level or maybe drive around a bit before dumping.....? Trying to loosen up all the debris!
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Ice cubes.... Great idea! Should tank be higher level or maybe drive around a bit before dumping.....? Trying to loosen up all the debris!
We empty the ice cubes in while we are traveling between locations. It is done on an empty black tank just before we depart. Once we arrive we do another good flush after we hook up to the water/sewer connections.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #134

I need help finding a fuse on my 2014 Palazzo 36.1. My 12v power outlets in the cockpit are not working. I want to check the fuse, but can't find one with a label that seems right. I checked the panel to the foot of the bed and one in the outside compartment under the driver's window, but nothing looks right. Does anyone know where the correct fuse is?
Boatbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #135

arent the fuse panels labeled... check the covers or doors for layout fuse and description.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide