RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
what model number did you get? TIA
Shurflo Revolution 4008
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #114

Well we arrived in Elkhart Monday morning as scheduled! Another Palazzo(folks not familiar with IRV2)was in the waiting area already before us(Steve Reed) ended up helping them and we had a technician named Jim Hager go over our check list with us! Here are some of the bigger issues we drove the 1700 miles for:
1)coach leaves black residue after driving for a bit, kids socks get black when walking in coach.
2)the water line to the ice maker fell off and when the ice maker kicks on it leaks behind the refer.
3)warped bunk bed folding doors, won't keep shut.
4)knocking noise above head when driving and slide outs are in(had a Thor rep of the tour with us and several other insurance people) more about this later!
5)AGS not working properly(and have done all the items listed in many post)
6)touch anything metal around coach and get a continues shock....not grounded correctly
7)floor pops in several places on front of coach.
8)all 4 fenders around wheel wells pop out
9)several cosmetic repairs

We understand we did not buy a "double the price" coach....and like most things this complicated new have some issues! We did not trust having several of the major things(after reading several threads)fixed with other shops...We wanted Thor folks and willing to make the long drive!

We took the palazzo tour( over an hour long...and VERY well worth it) plus the boys called it "how it's made" tour/like the tv show! We did NOT realize it wasn't close to the service center...it's over 25 minutes away! DO THIS TOUR...IT OPENS YOUR EYES! Tried to take photos of items I could not see behind on coach....for further personal service/upgrades at a later date. (You can walk, talk and touch anything and everything on this tour). We had a tour of about 25( however that's not normal)...sometimes it's only you and your crew going through the tour. We got the benefit on going with a couple upper management service people with Thor and a insurance group! Learned lots from these guys and asked many questions! Learned the
Knocking behind the drives head is a known and fixable problem they've had(and said that a sleeve needs to be added to the motor for slide out in that area...which deadens that noise).
By the way...the line finishes 5 coaches a day(25 a week)

I learned on this tread that going to the RV museum is something to do while there in Elkhart....And my family loved it(spent 4 hours there) and it only cost a family total of $25 dollars...well, well worth it.

If you have any questions about Elkhart or tour....let me know!
Ps: I wrote all this and thought it would be good on one other thread...so I will copy and paste to "Palazzo" tread as well.
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #115

Thank You for the update... looking forward to the tour and museum, sounds like fun.

I will be going solo (with a toad) for the first time. Will prob take me 2 days to get there.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Well we arrived in Elkhart Monday morning as scheduled! Another Palazzo(folks not familiar with IRV2)was in the waiting area already before us(Steve Reed) ended up helping them and we had a technician named Jim Hager go over our check list with us! Here are some of the bigger issues we drove the 1700 miles for: 1)coach leaves black residue after driving for a bit, kids socks get black when walking in coach. 2)the water line to the ice maker fell off and when the ice maker kicks on it leaks behind the refer. 3)warped bunk bed folding doors, won't keep shut. 4)knocking noise above head when driving and slide outs are in(had a Thor rep of the tour with us and several other insurance people) more about this later! 5)AGS not working properly(and have done all the items listed in many post) 6)touch anything metal around coach and get a continues shock....not grounded correctly 7)floor pops in several places on front of coach. 8)all 4 fenders around wheel wells pop out 9)several cosmetic repairs We understand we did not buy a "double the price" coach....and like most things this complicated new have some issues! We did not trust having several of the major things(after reading several threads)fixed with other shops...We wanted Thor folks and willing to make the long drive! We took the palazzo tour( over an hour long...and VERY well worth it) plus the boys called it "how it's made" tour/like the tv show! We did NOT realize it wasn't close to the service center...it's over 25 minutes away! DO THIS TOUR...IT OPENS YOUR EYES! Tried to take photos of items I could not see behind on coach....for further personal service/upgrades at a later date. (You can walk, talk and touch anything and everything on this tour). We had a tour of about 25( however that's not normal)...sometimes it's only you and your crew going through the tour. We got the benefit on going with a couple upper management service people with Thor and a insurance group! Learned lots from these guys and asked many questions enough! Learned the Knocking behind the drives head is a known and fixable problem they've had(and said that a sleeve needs to be added to the motor for slide out in that area...which deadens that noise). By the way...the line finishes 5 coaches a day(25 a week) I learned on this tread that going to the RV museum is something to do while there in Elkhart....And my family loved it(spent 4 hours there) and it only cost a family total of $25 dollars...well, well worth it. If you have any questions about Elkhart or tour....let me know! Ps: I wrote all this and thought it would be good on one other thread...so I will copy and paste to "Palazzo" tread as well.
I also have that knocking noise from wall at slide behind the drivers seat. I had some noise from my overhead bunk but fixed that. I assume the slide motor is knocking as you reported.
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I also have that knocking noise from wall at slide behind the drivers seat. I had some noise from my overhead bunk but fixed that. I assume the slide motor is knocking as you reported.
Regarding overhead bunk......we turn the key over and move it up or down(a millimeter) to stop that squeaking! We realize that the pins should be in.....but when that noise starts it's a bit annoying! We were told that the covering that helps the knocking from the slide motor is not a fix that's super easy. We meet with Steve and the service guys tomorrow to go over our list and do a walk through.....they close at 3pm(and I'm afraid I'm going to be keeping them a bit longer than that...BOTH PLAZZOBLUES and I!
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #118

Using the onboard air compressor

There are two excellent videos on you tube about how to use the onboard air compressor to inflate our tires. The first is "How To: Inflate High Pressure RV tires" made by RV geeks. I don't know if the following link will work but you can google it. Be sure to watch the Update video also.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #119

Onboard Compressor update

That was easy to imbed the video. Here is the update

Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #120

Rear Cap Serperation

Started waxing the RV yesterday and when I got to the rear I noticed the molding pulling away from where the rear cap attaches to the main body. I removed the rubber molding and found 8 screws where broke off. I am going to replace them with stainless steel screws. Now for the million dollar question.
WHY!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140322_105858.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	58884

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140322_121108.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	58885
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #121

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1951 View Post
Started waxing the RV yesterday and when I got to the rear I noticed the molding pulling away from where the rear cap attaches to the main body. I removed the rubber molding and found 8 screws where broke off. I am going to replace them with stainless steel screws. Now for the million dollar question. WHY!!!
Over torqued???
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #122

Quote:
Started waxing the RV yesterday and when I got to the rear I noticed the molding pulling away from where the rear cap attaches to the main body. I removed the rubber molding and found 8 screws where broke off. I am going to replace them with stainless steel screws. Now for the million dollar question. WHY!!!
The same thing happened to mine at the driver side front, dealer made repairs and when I got it back and washed it, I found spider cracks at the top near the marker lights. Now I have scheduled for that to be fixed. As for why, Thor is using low grade screws, or over tightening them. I have found other screw heads in the coach, and from my experience I think they got a deal on some screws. :/

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Over torqued???
I have to agree with you and HVAC Bill. I think the screws are cheap and couple that with some assembler who doesn't have a clue on what taking pride in one's workmanship means leaves nothing but a frustrated consumer.
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #124

Quote:
I had all rear ladder screws stripped (heads), the dealer replaced the whole ladder, resealed and used new screws. I agree workers quality was suffering that day.
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #125

furnace problem

Taylorgso has posted of his furnace fan disintegrating. I have now had the same experience. I found this week that my furnace would not continuously fire and thought it was some type gas feed issue. However Thor directed us to a nearby service facility and they discovered that the fan was shredded. I think it is plastic as I was finding 3-4 inch plastic shards when I removed the outside cover. The service facility fixed this in one day and I am back in business. I did notice when I removed the furnace cover outside that one of the four screws had been sheared off as others have mentioned. The service facility also told me that I have a problem with my LP shutoff valve. I will wait until my trip to Elkhart to have this dealt with.
BoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #126

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
Taylorgso has posted of his furnace fan disintegrating. I have now had the same experience. I found this week that my furnace would not continuously fire and thought it was some type gas feed issue. However Thor directed us to a nearby service facility and they discovered that the fan was shredded. I think it is plastic as I was finding 3-4 inch plastic shards when I removed the outside cover. The service facility fixed this in one day and I am back in business. I did notice when I removed the furnace cover outside that one of the four screws had been sheared off as others have mentioned. The service facility also told me that I have a problem with my LP shutoff valve. I will wait until my trip to Elkhart to have this dealt with.
It frightens me to think that I wouldn't even know if I had these issues! How would I even know to check?
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide