Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #505

Jim & Lisa,

Looks great! Happy that my description for installation was helpful.

Safe travels!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #506

here are some more mods Ive done recently...

Flip Shade... in down, middle and up position.

My kids favorite mod...

and... my DW favorite mod, since she can't reach the rocker switch for the fan... I removed it and installed a pull switch.

and this comes in really handy...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #507
MKM

Just wanted anyone who was interested in installing MCD shades to know of my recent experience. Within two weeks of installing these on my front two side windows, I had one unit fail. The night shade had some type of internal failure which resulted in no tension at all to retract the shade. I called MCD and the tech I spoke with was awesome. I received a replacement in only a week.

Good folks to deal with.
MKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #508

Front End Mod - Deer Strike

Traveling through West Virginia on US Route 35 we encountered a deer who had a death wish. Now I need to find a good body shop. Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Strike.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	62105
Old 05-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #509

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Traveling through West Virginia on US Route 35 we encountered a deer who had a death wish. Now I need to find a good body shop. Attachment 62105

Oh My God. Sure hope you guys are OK.
Your beautiful RV sure looks different from two days ago. SORRY.

Bill & Dot
Luvrkds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #510

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Traveling through West Virginia on US Route 35 we encountered a deer who had a death wish. Now I need to find a good body shop. Attachment 62105
Jack,

While i was at Elkhart a MH came in with front end damage from hitting a deer. They were having their body work done there at the service center. You might give them a try.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Jack,

While i was at Elkhart a MH came in with front end damage from hitting a deer. They were having their body work done there at the service center. You might give them a try.

Gary
Thanks Gary! I will call Thor in the morning.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvrkds View Post
Oh My God. Sure hope you guys are OK.
Your beautiful RV sure looks different from two days ago. SORRY.

Bill & Dot
We are OK, Karen was sitting at the dinette eating lunch when I hit the deer. She said, what was that? I told her that I just hit a deer. The right front, rear, and toad ran completely over the deer. Deer guts everywhere!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #513

Quote:
Jack,

Glad y'all are okay. At least you didn't hit a snow bank. That's what happened to our second Palazzo when it was being delivered to our dealer. There's one good thing that can be said about this. It was a good thing you were in the Palazzo driving instead of your toad.

Thank goodness for insurance. I hope you got pictures of the deer guts (for your insurance company!) The way insurance claims are getting today, they might want a DNA sample of the deer.

Settle no less than an complete front cap for your Palazzo. The Thor Service center should be able to take care of that. Was there any other damage behind the cap like the AC condenser/fan or anything else?
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #514

UltraGuard

Today I finished the installation of the Ultraguard flap on the back of the Palazzo.

Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #515

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Jack,

Gary

I'll second going to Thor service for the repair. After checking with two other shops, I decided to go to Elkhart. Will be there June 16th.
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #516

Send a message via Skype™ to rebane
Hand-hold

The sofa arm rest was used too often when ascending the stairs, these two supports fixed the problem. Design and installation was by Hi Tech RV at Winter Haven, FL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo handrail.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	62113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Palazzo handrail2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	62114  

rebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #517

Quote:

Jack,

I don't like your latest mod. You have had much better ones. I have a niece that has kill 4 deer just like that. Her dad told her she was needing to get a hunting license. Glad you and DW are ok. The Palazzo can get fixed.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Jack,

Glad y'all are okay. At least you didn't hit a snow bank. That's what happened to our second Palazzo when it was being delivered to our dealer. There's one good thing that can be said about this. It was a good thing you were in the Palazzo driving instead of your toad.

Thank goodness for insurance. I hope you got pictures of the deer guts (for your insurance company!) The way insurance claims are getting today, they might want a DNA sample of the deer.

Settle no less than an complete front cap for your Palazzo. The Thor Service center should be able to take care of that. Was there any other damage behind the cap like the AC condenser/fan or anything else?
Thanks Mitch! I have other photos of some other damage including fur, blood and guts and the dead deer in the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dead Deer.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	62122

The other damage included the A/C fan and condenser which was directly behind the impact point plus the R/H front storage compartment opening was bent but the door remained closed. The deer traveled underneath down the passage side under the front and rear wheels and under both front and rear tires of the toad. As I said, blood and gut everywhere. I still need to inspect all the storage compartments on the R/H side for damage.

As I learn more I will share...

Thanks again!