Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #1387

Thor Owners Club
I try not to look at the newer Palazzo models so I don't turn green with envy, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

I noticed that the 2016 Palazzos now come with upper and lower metal pull out pantry shelves. While the cabinet materials are now made of solid wood and not pressed plywood like my 2014 model, the width of the cabinets appear to be the same. I am curious to know if I could order those shelves and mod them into my current pantry. I believe the interior of the new panty is now made up of two shorter cabinets that sit atop each other. I'd have to figure out how to build up the center of mine in order to accommodate the two pull out racks.

Since my husband is all brain and 'no comprendo handyman speak', I'd need to hire someone to do it. I'm spending two months straight in my Palazzo this summer and I know the pantry issue will drive me crazy every time I have to dive into the dark, deep abyss to find something.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I noticed that the 2016 Palazzos now come with upper and lower metal pull out pantry shelves. I am curious to know if I could order those shelves and mod them into my current pantry.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Or you can built this slide out pantry which I copied from Bob ( BoDu ) on this forum. I can tell you that it is very handy. Thor really missed a chance to add this in the past. It would be very easy for them to do it compared to each owner having to figure it out themselves. I can tell you it was a lot of work.

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/J_W...0045.jpg.html][/URL]
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoDu View Post
I ordered the slide on line from Woodworker's Hardware. It is a Fulterer FR 771 which has a capacity of 275 lbs. I used a 3/4 plywood on the bottom held in place by 8 pocket hole screws. I used a 3/4 in plywood and 1/4 in plywood shim on top for the guide to clear the face frame.
Here is the info you are looking for Clara. The pic of the one Rick built is on pg 50 of the Palazzo Mods thread
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #1390

Winnebago Owners Club
Pantry

Since I didn't feel like attempting to tackle the job, we had a pull out pantry put in by RV Renovators in Mesa this past winter. They did a great job on it, and we are enjoying not having to reach into the abyss, as you describe it, to find things.

We also had them put drawers under the dinette which makes that space considerably more user friendly. Our counter top on the slide out drawer was pretty wobbly. They came up with a fairly simple solution for that as well. Finally, we had the six doors above the dinette and sofa (ones without windows) swapped out for doors with struts so they open upward and stay open that way until closed. Again, they are much more user friendly than the side opening doors and I don't have to continually adjust the hinges to keep them closed.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:39 AM   #1391

Thor Owners Club
Jim, I'm drooling. You know I'm not too far away, if you're ever so inclined to build another one
Old 06-07-2016, 04:39 AM   #1392

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawenta View Post
Since I didn't feel like attempting to tackle the job, we had a pull out pantry put in by RV Renovators in Mesa this past winter. They did a great job on it, and we are enjoying not having to reach into the abyss, as you describe it, to find things.

We also had them put drawers under the dinette which makes that space considerably more user friendly. Our counter top on the slide out drawer was pretty wobbly. They came up with a fairly simple solution for that as well. Finally, we had the six doors above the dinette and sofa (ones without windows) swapped out for doors with struts so they open upward and stay open that way until closed. Again, they are much more user friendly than the side opening doors and I don't have to continually adjust the hinges to keep them closed.

Would love to see some photos.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:49 AM   #1393

Does anyone have an issue with cab air condensation or is it only me?
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #1394

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
I sometimes when it is extremely humid out I will notice the air coming out in a vapor and some dripping of moisture from vents in dash. You are talking about the dash A/C or the roof top ones?

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #1395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Jim, I'm drooling. You know I'm not too far away, if you're ever so inclined to build another one
The days when I build another slide out pantry may be over. I am not as ambitious as I was even three years ago. There was a post in the forum about a pantry that was available ready built. Then the only job remaining was to install the slide mechanism. I would bet it is on this thread. It would be worth searching for. I will take quick look for it. I did look and here it is http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/pala...ml#post2089281
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #1396

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
The days when I build another slide out pantry may be over. I am not as ambitious as I was even three years ago. There was a post in the forum about a pantry that was available ready built. Then the only job remaining was to install the slide mechanism. I would bet it is on this thread. It would be worth searching for. I will take quick look for it. I did look and here it is http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/pala...ml#post2089281
Hahaha, Jim, your post made me laugh. I was just kidding with you. Thank you for the link. I'll look into this. Looks like something I may be able to do myself with a spare set of hands
Old 06-07-2016, 05:49 PM   #1397

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
I get it, too. It will start dripping right onto the bed.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #1398

Just for everyone to know, I was talking dash air. Thanks for the responses .
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:20 PM   #1399

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Just for everyone to know, I was talking dash air. Thanks for the responses .
YES! Ten days ago, I was driving home from Cape Hatteras and had the dash air on. It was raining for hours, and very warm out. It dripped water on my right foot the entire time. We tried stuffing some kitchen towels under the dash there, but it didn't help much.

Any solution? As of next week, I'll be driving for two straight months as my son and I travel around the country for the summer. I certainly don't want a repeat of that foot bath again.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:51 AM   #1400

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Installing a central vac this weekend. With two boys and several trips per year to the beach it's time to retire the handheld vac.

I'll post pics of the install.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote