Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #1401

Not sure. Seems like when it is humid we get condensation
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #1402

Sliding door

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttom View Post
I have to say, I've never really liked that privacy door setup in the bedroom. Well the really cheap strip that holds the inside door finally stripped all the way out and my door was banging around while driving. Well I fixed it. I'm hoping I can post some pictures but basically I used a drawer slide mechanism and mounted that where the cheap strip was and connected the door to the slide. Thor should do this. It is extremely tight with absolutely no rattling.
Do you have to remove the door and attach slide mechanism to both door and wall? I have repositioned the bottom rail to no avail.
Byebyebirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #1403

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Installed central vac connection in the stair well. Easily reaches all curb side bays and entire interior. Works awesome !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic (2).JPG
Views:	105
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	130079  
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #1404

No I didn't have to remove the door. I placed the drawer slide rail about the same height as the previous flimsy rail. You can use the screw holes in the wall to tell how high to put the drawer rail in. Make sure you extend the rail as far as it will go before mounting so as not to hit the wall to the right. Mine came to about an inch short. I drilled a hole in the door and put one of those inserted screw holes. You can see it in the bottom corner of the door. I placed the screw inside the small slide before inserting it back into the main slide and was able to insert the screw into the drilled hole and into the insert. Very solid now. No wobble at all going down the road. I hope this makes sense. I hate my pictures are turned 90 degrees sideways.
sttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #1405

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like that! I was thinking about mounting a small vacuum in the mudroom doing the same thing. I think I like your way better.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #1406

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSkeen View Post
Like that! I was thinking about mounting a small vacuum in the mudroom doing the same thing. I think I like your way better.
I mounted the base unit to the roof of the bay to the left of the entrance door and plugged it in to the outlet.

I'll take some pics this week of the install of the base unit. Still need to make it pretty with some wire ties and run the vacuum hose along the ceiling of the bay.

And...in case you were wondering. I had to mount it that low in the stairwell because any higher and you will find angle iron running inside the wall. I have the extra hole to prove it. Painted a solid outlet wall plate black to hide my extra hole. oops !!
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #1407

excellent work wstrace3! yeah, more details please..
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #1408

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LOL Been there, done that!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:21 AM   #1409

Cool beans
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #1410

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
excellent work wstrace3! yeah, more details please..
Redridge, I second your thoughts.

Wstrace3, thank you for doing this. Great addition! These central vacuums really make keeping the floors clean much easier than using a broom or a separate upright or handheld vac.

We have also added a central vac to our 33.3. On ours, we combined the Dirt Devil unit with the "VROOM" hose storage system. I put the vacuum unit in the wet bay above and behind where the water tank is. I ran the "VROOM" large hose up from the wet bay into the area below the bathroom sink. The outlet comes out underneath the bath sink, where I hinged the decorative cover for access. My pictures are really lousy; ... I'll get some next week when I get back to town.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #1411

Palazzo mods | upgrades

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465943160.376553.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	130250
I highly recommend this (or similar) with a shutoff valve. It is hard to see since its on the bottom of the connection but works well for stopping that dribble of water after disconnecting the fresh water hose. I found the 90 degree works better than the 45 as well. Purchased from Amazon it was cheap.
Millennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:08 AM   #1412

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennial View Post
Attachment 130250
I highly recommend this (or similar) with a shutoff valve. It is hard to see since its on the bottom of the connection but works well for stopping that dribble of water after disconnecting the fresh water hose. I found the 90 degree works better than the 45 as well. Purchased from Amazon it was cheap.
Can you post a link?
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:27 AM   #1413

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSkeen View Post
I found a simple & cheap way to help with the cooling while driving and parking.

Two thermal 54" × 84" curtains and two 48" x 1" dowels.

Run the dowels through the curtain, lower the overhead bunk, drop the rods in and raise the bunk.

Unbelievable the difference in temperature between cockpit and cabin area.

When not needed, fold them up and store.

I remembered seeing your post some time ago and I made a mental note to try it. Well, I finally got around to it yesterday in preparation for a summer long trip in very warm temperatures. What a huge difference! I ready had no idea how well this would work. I couldn't find the 54" width Eclipse curtains so I purchased three of the narrower lengths (under $10 each) and three thin tension rods (under $3 each) at Walmart. Took all of ten minutes.

Thank you so much for sharing.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:56 PM   #1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Can you post a link?

Im doing this from my phone but here is the link...I only paid $10.97 for one, I'm sure the price fluctuates all the time. There are others similar "China" ones around. Just mostly commenting how it keeps the water from coming out with the butterfly valve to shut off the before disconnecting the hose.

https://www.amazon.com/2wayz-Degree-.../dp/B019MX54Z6
Millennial is offline   Reply With Quote